• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sick of crappy parts

There is a huge difference between a perfect part and a part that functions as it should. I'm not going for a concourse restoration if I was I would just buy Nos parts, but I need the part to atleast function as it was intended to. Look at the pics I posted and tell me if you find those aftermarket parts acceptable? If your a company that specializes in niche reproduction parts for 60 year old cars then yes I expect the part to function as it is intended to and be as close in appearance as possible
Agreed. If you are going to take the time to make a simple part at least make it right so it fits and functions as it should. Seems if the Chinese made square tires some would be just fine with that cause they fit a 14-15 inch rim...

Some of us haven't been in the collector car hobby ling enough to remember when the expensive, well made replacement parts were available.

So, you shouldn't lump us into the same group as the guys decrying the lack of quality USA made replacement parts.

The OP is complaining about poorly made parts and the lack of well made ones. I don't consider it whining if he didn't have anything to do with the situation in the first place. It's arrogant of people who do.

I find these threads hilarious. People can’t buy perfect niche reproduction parts online for 60 years old cars for cheap. What the hell is wrong with the high quality domestic manufacturing companies not making parts for your 60 year old car? They must not know how important it is to you.

Why exactly do you think they are Chinese parts?

Here’s a news flash for you. Up next, no parts. In 20 years, you’ll wish you had cheap Chinese parts

I find these threads hilarious. People can’t buy perfect niche reproduction parts online for 60 years old cars for cheap. What the hell is wrong with the high quality domestic manufacturing companies not making parts for your 60 year old car? They must not know how important it is to you.

Here’s a news flash for you. Up next, no parts. In 20 years, you’ll wish you had cheap Chinese parts.

Here’s a news flash for you. Up next, no parts. In 20 years, you’ll wish you had cheap Chinese parts.
Also I never said anything about wanting cheap parts. When I refer to cheap I mean quality not price. We all own mopars cheap isn't in our vocabulary. And most likely it's made in China otherwise sellers usually brag about it being made in the USA

I've been in this hobby since before it was a hobby. My first GTX was my daily driver. New parts were cheap by today's standards, but pieces such as trim that were unique to a single model became scarce first, then expensive. The previous owner of my GTX had a side business restoring trim for that model. His stuff was beautiful, but he had a thin market of people willing to pay the price at which he made money. When reproductions of GTX trim came on the market for half the price, he was out of business. I happily paid a premium for my current car, in large part because it has no reproduction parts on it. Most of the market won't do that.

There is a huge difference between a perfect part and a part that functions as it should. I'm not going for a concourse restoration if I was I would just buy Nos parts, but I need the part to atleast function as it was intended to. Look at the pics I posted and tell me if you find those aftermarket parts acceptable? If your a company that specializes in niche reproduction parts for 60 year old cars then yes I expect the part to function as it is intended to and be as close in appearance as possible

You still don't get the point. Crappy parts are not acceptable. But that is where we are at, and its for a logical reason. Producing ultra low volume high quality parts at a price point that car guys would buy is not going to happen. Expecting differently is silly. Do you really think that you can get an ultra low volume niche product for a 60 year old car for the price of a fast food meal? Really? Did you honestly not have little bells going off in your head that were alearting you that the part would likely be a piece of ****? And then you are surprised and angry that it is? And then blame China, or the guy stuck in the middle with no good option.

You still don't get the point. Crappy parts are not acceptable. But that is where we are at, and its for a logical reason. Producing ultra low volume high quality parts at a price point that car guys would buy is not going to happen. Expecting differently is silly. Do you really think that you can get an ultra low volume niche product for a 60 year old car for the price of a fast food meal? Really? Did you honestly not have little bells going off in your head that were alearting you that the part would likely be a piece of ****? And then you are surprised and angry that it is? And then blame China, or the guy stuck in the middle with no good option.
You don't get my point. It's not the price at all. My point is they are sell crap that does fit or fuction like the part should and they know it. If all the company does is make 60 year old niche parts and they are going to go through all the trouble of having it made don't you think it should at a minimum fit and function as it was intended too? I will gladly pay a premium for a proper fitting and function part but the crap they are putting out is ridiculous. They all use the same stock photo for that POS positive battery cable bracket so that right there tells me that it's one supplier and most likely it's coming from china. There are company's that put out good products DMT is one of them everything I have ordered from them is been very good and USA made. The windshield washer squirters are unusable when moparpartsus order the thousands of the squirters nobody at that company thought to see if it fits and function like it should? My guess is they don't care and that's my problem. How much effort would it take to make this part fit properly? Make it a 1/4 inch wider like the orginal that's it. This isn't a high tech complicated part and neither is the positive battery cable bracket. Emails have been sent refunds have been demanded a link to this post has been sent. If more people would do this they would up their product quality. Just like the post about carpets sets said enough people complain and demand a refund they will improve the quality of their product.

Screenshot_20240806_080216_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Their are company's that put out good products DMT is one of them everything I have ordered from them is been very good and USA made.
They are few and far between. I believe Jim is a small family outfit. All it takes is a slip on a banana peel.

They are few and far between. I believe Jim is a small family outfit. All it takes is a slip on a banana peel.
I will assume that Jim is the owner of DMT and that they are a small family outfit. If that is the case if DMT can make quality parts that fit and function as they should why can't the big companies? Because DMT actually cares and they test for fit and function. On the squirters and positive battery cable bracket how much extra effort would it have taken to test for fit and fuction and make adjustments so that it works? The answer is minimal, but they won't even do that they all post the same stock photo and sell the same POS. If Jim is the owner of DMT great job Jim. I appreciate that fact that you make great products and that you care that they fit and function as they should.

Good luck. I’m sure if you complain enough the products will get better.

Consider starting your own company making high quality trinkets for our cars. The Mopar community will come flocking in with money in fist.

People that complain like this have no idea how stuff actually gets made, what it takes to run a business in manufacturing.

Good luck. I’m sure if you complain enough the products will get better.

Consider starting your own company making high quality trinkets for our cars. The Mopar community will come flocking in with money in fist.

People that complain like this have no idea how stuff actually gets made, what it takes to run a business in manufacturing.
Well it's been proven that if people complain enough and demand refunds products do improve. Your argument is weak at best. Thanks for telling me what I do and don't know you have no idea what I do for a living. You make assumptions like people are whining and don't know what they are talking about and make ridiculous statements like start your own company. Instead of arguing with me the next time you get a POS part argue with them and maybe things will improve

Well it's been proven that if people complain enough and demand refunds products do improve. Your argument is weak at best. Thanks for telling me what I do and don't know you have no idea what I do for a living. You make assumptions like people are whining and don't know what they are talking about and make ridiculous statements like start your own company. Instead of arguing with me the next time you get a POS part argue with them and maybe things will improve
Thank you

I will assume that Jim is the owner of DMT and that they are a small family outfit. If that is the case if DMT can make quality parts that fit and function as they should why can't the big companies? Because DMT actually cares and they test for fit and function. On the squirters and positive battery cable bracket how much extra effort would it have taken to test for fit and fuction and make adjustments so that it works? The answer is minimal, but they won't even do that they all post the same stock photo and sell the same POS. If Jim is the owner of DMT great job Jim. I appreciate that fact that you make great products and that you care that they fit and function as they should.
Jim and his family started the business. They took original parts and duplicated them especially in the rubber goods when they first started.
They do sell some products made by others.
Anything we purchased was correct. Had to make a minor adjustment on the 66-7 Charger rear bumper filler strip.
They quit directly shipping orders to our poor people North of the 49th.
Good thing is, Nigel at National Moparts in Beaverton Ontario handles DMT products.

Jim and his family started the business. They took original parts and duplicated them especially in the rubber goods when they first started.
They do sell some products made by others.
Anything we purchased was correct. Had to make a minor adjustment on the 66-7 Charger rear bumper filler strip.
They quit directly shipping orders to our poor people North of the 49th.
Good thing is, Nigel at National Moparts in Beaverton Ontario handles DMT products.
I've been very happy with everything I have ordered from them

Original on the left reproduction on the right. enough said. Pure junk!

20240808_170052.jpg

20240808_170124.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back