• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Temperature Issues

I wound up purchasing an aluminum radiator.

I don’t think there is anything damaged with my current 26” radiator. As I noted previously, it’s been gone through, pressure tested, recored, etc by the previous owner (I have the receipt). I am not concerned with not having the factory radiator as my car is not numbers matching or anything. I would up going with an aluminum radiator. It’s supposed to be delivered the first part of next week. I am very optimistic that this will fix my issue. I will post an update as soon as I get it installed and tested. This is a good time to test as it has been around 100 degrees here in Oklahoma seemingly for the last couple weeks.
The key operative words are: "i'm am very optimistic that this will fix my issue".......if it fixes the issue...GREAT.......if it doesn't fix your issue .....what's your plan B?.......Just curious.....
BOB RENTON

I knock with anything lower than 91 Octane.
So, it knocks with anything less than 91 octane, but you don’t know where your timing is set? There’s a hint right there. Instead of trying to bandaid your way through this, start with the basics. Make sure your timing is set right, make sure your hood to radiator support seal is in place, make sure your hood to cowl seal is in place, and the lower radiator support to splash pan seal, if your car has one. If your temp goes up sitting at a light, and goes down while driving, it’s an airflow issue. Funnel that air through the radiator, use a clutch fan and a proper conical shaped shroud, and make sure the seals are in place. An aluminum radiator may help in letting more air through, but it needs to be funneled through the radiator, and drawn through with a proper fan and shroud. And check that timing, something is not right there.

Auto Transport Service
Back