• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Temperature Issues

it does not have a "tad" scale. Perhaps there is a conversion factor to convert "tad's" to a decimal number. For example one tad = 0.375" ??? Just curious....

Thanks.....I think? Not sure what the pix is supposed to represent??? I don't do cartoons.....
BOB RENTON
It's a joke, man... lighten up !
1721234449414.png

I just got done doing this with my 69 GTX factory air car and as they say in the previous post there is a difference in the factory pump. On my 440 the factory AC pump was the 6 bladed smaller diameter pump witch sounds wrong but it is not just about the pump they also used a different crank and water pump pulley this stuff all needs to be matched to work correctly. On the AC setup Chrysler spun the pump faster to move more volume of coolant so if you run the AC pump with the non AC pulleys it wont spin it fast enough and vise versa if you run the 8 blade non AC pump with the AC pulleys it will spin it to fast and make the pump cavitate inside the pump housing causing it to not move enough water. What i can tell you is i matched everything to the factory settings correct pump, pulleys, radiator, fan, fan clutch and shroud and now i can run it in 100 deg day and it runs between straight up and down to one needle width above the center mark all day long depending on if i am in traffic or on the road. I don't know anything about using any of the aftermarket stuff all i can do is give you my advise on what i did to fix my issues and it seems to work. Chrysler spent a lot more money on engineering this combination then i could afford so i went with what they said and it seems to work. Good luck to you.

Auto Transport Service
Back