• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dash Is Out

Tias63

Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
Working in uncharted areas with the Dash out of the 63 Sport Fury as she goes in for paint. All original wiring, except for that STUPID alarm system I had installed. Thinking or re-wiring, or at least replacing connectors/terminals at the Bulk Head. Any words or wisdom? Which way, or how to go about this? A Painless type kit seems a bit overwhelming.

Evans wiring harness or M&H are both very good. Dam autocorrect is pita!

Last edited:
A painless kit is not too bad but just remember you have to make some portions of the harness yourself. They are just basic/typical harnesses. And most of them are setup with GM ignition and GM turn signal provisions. You will have to customize the turn signal switch wiring to work with the GM portion of the harness. I dont know that this is the exact case but in the 2 I have installed it was the case. Also the gauge stuff is designed with aftermarket gauges in mind and not factory stuff. I would choose the M&H method over any of the aftermarket options. Remove/Replace and go, no chopping no splicing and no connector hunting.

Below are my thoughts on installing a painless harness and or any other universal harness.
Engine Bay Somewhat Easy
Rear Lighting of the car Easy
Front lighting of the car Somewhat easy except for 2 and 4 light assemblies "high beam/Low beam in one light"
Dash/Cluster can be a pain in the butt.
Windshield Wiper Harness
AC/Heater power
Door switches/Dome light

Auto Transport Service
Back