• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Red “x” of shame!

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score
Hey, if you use the “red X”, for whatever reason, have the balls to say why!

It's not nice calling people out.

However, that's the downside of having Like buttons, Agree buttons, and Disagree buttons. Otherwise, we can agree to disagree

Hey, if you use the “red X”, for whatever reason, have the balls to say why!

No, I don't want to . . .

For the record . . . Was reading a post and saw a red X and looked at it . . . It was me ? ? ? Must have fat fingered it and hit the button by accident . . . So I cleared it out . . .

If someone disagrees it would be nice to know why they disagree. I have no idea what the subject is that sparked this thread but on an actual technical thread it would be nice to know. On an opinion thread you can disagree and run, IMO.

I've also hit the red X while it was trying to hit a button next to it. Good thing you can undo if you catch it.

IMG_1585.GIF

IMO It would be polite -and for the good of the conversation- to follow a "red X" with at least a brief explanation.

Agree and -Like buttons -are pressed all the time -and the inference is much like a nod and smile if we were talking face to face.
When face to face conversations come to the point of disagreement the normal thing is to discuss the point of disagreement then and there.

When someone places a "red x" they are actually (willfully) engaging in the conversation. It's sort of like raising their hand in class to be heard. --To not follow up is kinda distracting.:realcrazy:
The rest of us see it and are left wondering what the rest of the story is? (who and why).

Is it not true that the three buttons---thanks, like, and agree are never questioned? --But the "red x" almost always leads to a discussion about it?:rolleyes:

Maybe it should be a --yellow button. ------- RED is ingrained in all of us as a STOPPER.

Last edited:
I wear them with a badge of honor :up:
because I don't give 2 shits about what someone thinks about my opinion! :carrot:

I wear them with a badge of honor :up:
because I don't give 2 shits about what someone thinks about my opinion! :carrot:

I personally am miffed that I don't get the "X" more often. I like engaging with someone that disagrees with me. This is what conversation is all about on both sides of a topic.

I posted about this very thing on FABO and got 26 DISAGREES in a very short time.
To me, it is a weak suck move to hit the button but not explain why. I see stuff I do not like quite a lot but rarely hit the button. I will add though that with political topics, it makes more sense because opinions are often very clearly one sided.
With tech topics, why not explain your opinion?

some of the reasons for a red x are comical at times..lol
I really like it when I get them from SFSI.. :fool:

And the word for today....

(I've seen the word "miffed" three times today. Sounds like a word for the blue room, lol)
Typo alert....I think you're thinking about muffed (like a small cupcake) :D

Auto Transport Service
Back