• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tom Petty on life support after cardiac arrest - will not be down for breakfast . . .

With the recent passing of my Mother in law who was close to us, my wife and I have discussed what we want for our own funeral. I thought I would like to have Tom Petty's " Runin down a dream" played. Not so much the lyrics, but the music. The instrumental part, It made me visualize going down the road , by ourselves, riding my Harley Panhead chopper or driving ole Brutus. Just something about that song stirs my soul. Rest In Peace Tom Petty. Your generation of rockers are fading away..............................MO

1gf3kk.jpg

Tom Petty's Autopsy: Singer Died From Massive Accidental Drug Overdose

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...ssive-accidental-drug-overdose-001310152.html

Just another heads up about aging. 66 is not old unless it is confused with being 36.

Last edited:
So what? He lived his life as he saw fit. His life gave much joy and pleasure to rest of us.
What have you done lately ********?

We can assume he had a good life because of the pleasure he gave his audience. He gave -us- a good time.
I read the link and can see he had medical problems that may have been dealt with poorly. Perhaps with more than one doctor not communicating.
Dying from drug mixing and overdose does happen without suicide as being a part of it. Maybe this was a cascade event with many to share the blame.

We can assume he had a good life because of the pleasure he gave his audience. He gave us a good time.
I read the link and can see he had medical problems that may have been dealt with poorly. Perhaps with more than one doctor not communicating.
Dying from drug mixing and overdose does happen without suicide as being a part of it. Maybe this was a cascade event with many to share the blame.
You're probably correct but what does it matter at this point?
We lost another icon and since his passing I listen to his music (which I have always loved) with even more attentiveness.
Thank you Tom.

Sad deal either way, most of us are not perfect in many ways but I just seem to be in the age group and we are droppin like flies and its gonna get worse.:(

He was still able to perform right to the end.
Wealthy people are going to get things that they want.

One of his Bass players from the Heartbreakers died from a Heroin overdose in a few years ago.
Tragic as it may seem, it happens. 50% or better of the great artist die prematurely, often under these circumstances.
He's immortalized by the great music that he left behind, I will always enjoy.

Last edited:
I also read the list of drugs in his system. That was a very potent list. I'm surprised it took that long to kill him. Article also stated he was dealing with a broken hip? And that was the reason for all the pain mess?? Regardless, That stuff is nasty! Fentanyl by itself has killed many users / very short time abusers.

Too bad, he was one of my favorites!

Fentanyl by itself has killed many users / very short time abusers.

Few years back I was cleaning out my mother in law’s storage unit and I found a bottle of 1000 Fentanyl pills. Not a typo.

She’s a large woman who had issues with knee 2 replacements that lead to a couple more. Years on opioids.

Drove them back to my house and flushed them. I sometimes wonder what would have happened had I been pulled over.

Few years back I was cleaning out my mother in law’s storage unit and I found a bottle of 1000 Fentanyl pills. Not a typo.

She’s a large woman who had issues with knee 2 replacements that lead to a couple more. Years on opioids.

Drove them back to my house and flushed them. I sometimes wonder what would have happened had I been pulled over.
I can't imagine a legitimate doctor writing out a prescription for 1,000 of anything, much less a powerful painkiller like Fentanyl. Or either she wasn't taking them as prescribed and they had accumulated them. Fishy to me. Something else going on here.

I can't imagine a legitimate doctor writing out a prescription for 1,000 of anything, much less a powerful painkiller like Fentanyl. Or either she wasn't taking them as prescribed and they had accumulated them. Fishy to me. Something else going on here.

She had big issues for 10 years but wasn’t taking them nearly as much as they wanted her to so she just accumulated them. She’s a Depression baby that grew up dirt poor so she’s a super hoarder - anything she gets she keeps just out of compulsion. She had a suitcase full of Chinese food sauce packets, 6 broken oscillating fans...

This is what I had to say about the subject on another forum and still stand by it.

"The fact is that he had a broken hip, that eventually went to a "Full on Break" tells me that he didn't obey his Dr.'s orders! If you have even a "hairline" fracture, you STAY OFF IT, take care of, and nurse yourself back to health. Simple as that! Why was he Turing when he should have been home laid up in bed healing? Instead, he's out aggravating a condition while masking it with pain killers. Sorry, but I have to blame Mr. Petty for his own misfortunes!"

Healing from a broken hip has to be a tough struggle.
1 --laying in bed adds to atrophy of the muscles and ligaments that connect to the bones.
2-- bone healing is helped by stress given them by moving.

I believe that patient-specific healing can only work best when the patient is on board with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back