• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Too much total timing

I have these plates installed in both of my cars with dual points. I think they are the smartest thing anyone has come up with for trailering your factory distributor centrifugal advance to a custom curve. Probably won’t work on aftermarket distributors. Does the Summit distributor have any provisions for reducing the centrifugal advance?

IMG_1442.png

Not sure where I saw this (either on this board or some others), but you can make your own plate (see photos; can't recall who or where this was posted to give proper credit) or weld slots to size using this chart for the max advance:

dist. degrees / slot size / crank degrees = 2xdist. degrees
6.............. .340
7............... .355
8............... .375
9............... .390
10.............. .405
11.5 ........... .420
12.............. .435
13.............. .445
14.............. .460
15.............. .475
16.............. .490
17.............. .505
18.............. .520

Again, none of this is mine nor my idea, but i just have a random folder on my desktop with this sort of info collected in it.
Chris

EDIT: just found this link for limiting vacuum advance via a set screw: How To Limit and Adjust Chrysler Vacuum Advance Cans
Dizz_Limiter_006.jpg

Dizz_Limiter_007.jpg

Dizz_Limiter_025.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back