• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

water pump nipple wrench?

wedgee

Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
Is there a wrench/socket out there thats desiged to take out the heater hose nipples? (other than a vice grip or pipe wrench......)

Not that I have seen. You mean the split ones that would take a gigantic screwdriver? Nope. You will probably need to heat the intake.

I have fought with those, too. What I do, is find a long 1/4" drive socket that fits down inside the nipple, so it will not crush, and take it out with a vice grip.

Those pipes been in there for 50 years, you will need a torch and some luck to get them out in one piece.

Put your best tool on it and start pulling, the pipe won't be moving. You will break the tool or the top of the pipe.

Last edited:
probably get kicked in the nuts
1720672738611.png

Pierced ones with studs may work better for conductivity!
Note: not responsible for accidents or injury.. please read the fine print.

Pierced ones with studs may work better for conductivity!
Note: not responsible for accidents or injury.. please read the fine print.
How do you kn..... .....nevermind. :lol:

We did this installing into my new engine....

20180823_120448.jpg
20180823_120803.jpg

Solutions....not problems. :thumbsup:

I have fought with those, too. What I do, is find a long 1/4" drive socket that fits down inside the nipple, so it will not crush, and take it out with a vice grip.

This. Or any round rod that will prevent a 50 yr old fitting from crushing. An 8" Ridgid pipe wrench with a cheater also.

Make one. Cut off the correct size bolt, drill hole, insert split roll pin.
Mike
Nipple Wrench.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back