• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Fixed a horrible rattle in my 1970 Coronet RT that's been tormenting me for years. Came from the rear driver's underside somewhere and sounded like sheet metal slapping together over every bump. Finally discovered that a couple nuts holding a suspension bracket were loose. The attachment points appeared to be two studs coming out of a completely closed part of the frame rail, so I was really hoping that they wouldn't break during tightening, which obviously took a lot of force. Hard to describe how much more enjoyable it is to drive this car now.

I ordered some exhaust parts today. I bought three 440 HP H pipes,two Hemi mufflers and one pair of 71 Charger R/T tailpipes for a car with factory machine gun tips. I was completely exhausted and so was my wallet after doing this!

I ordered some exhaust parts today. I bought three 440 HP H pipes,two Hemi mufflers and one pair of 71 Charger R/T tailpipes for a car with factory machine gun tips. I was completely exhausted and so was my wallet after doing this!
You were exhausted :rofl::rofl:NO PUN intended right. Right :thumbsup:

Brought my light switch to work today... Dash lights didn't work, the sweeper on the rheostat was completely corroded up.. Took the whole thing apart, cleaned and lubed it and it's like new. Then repainted the white "LIGHTS" letters on the bezel and it looks great :) can't wait to do the rest of them now

Went to get some fuel. $ 4.00 a gallon for non Ethanol. I didn’t think that was too bad.
AC38F23B-93DD-410A-B121-9F64CE11BC19.jpeg

Rebuilt the calipers, master cylinder on the 70 cuda, went to bleed nothing comming out on the passenger front, removed line from distribution block that tied to the line going across the firewall squirts out good, started removing the rubber flex hose to the caliper, 2 shots of pb blaster and time plus a little heat no go. got hotter than hell on that side by the looks of the goo in the caliper and no lining on the pads. ordered a new line and some flex hoses from inline tube had good luck with them in the past. continued to the back replace wheel cylinders shoes and drums from my 68 charger project long ago that was changed to 4 wheel disk, got about $8 into the rears. flushed the three lines out that were flowing, I was worried about proportioning valve but seems to be operating will tell when the test drive comes in a few weeks after the new parts arrive.
20240420_105440.jpg
20240317_144118.jpg
20240504_105559.jpg

Finished my dash on the 62”, mocked up the new steering wheel, Molotow Chrome marker worked great.

IMG_5074.jpeg

IMG_5072.jpeg

New battery, some fresh gas and some rubber left on the street

I saw what you did there. Lol

Changed trans dipstick to a different type that doesn't use a o-ring.. hoping it doesn't leak.. and finally got my fan mounted.. Putting on these Hayden low profile clutches is no joke.. took me well over a hour to get it in and not sure it's running true.. no vibration but doesn't look right to me when running.. might take it apart again tomorrow to double check stuff :( Tight fit in there..

P.S. thinking of finding a steel pulley to gain a tiny bit more clearance..the aluminum one is thick..
1714873700463.png

Last edited:
I lost my dang mind today actually...list of chores performed:

1. Dragged wife out to garage and had her help me with attempting adjustments to ill-fitting windows in
both doors of Fred; he has had a bad habit of the chrome end pieces not staying with the window edge itself
as one struggles to roll them up.
Been that way since I bought it, just never was its' turn for attention...
Trusty FSM in hand, then disregarded instructions as terms used didn't match terms shown in illustrations
(dammit Ma!) and instead played around with nuts on studs and bolts and such until we got a reasonable
fit and function finally - the proverbial "good enough" level was achieved.
Out in the yard Fred went...

2. GTX out of the garage bay, replaced with tractor (M-F 1428V 4WD). Oil change, fuel filter swap, air filter
swap, assorted lubing and such, all using original Iseki brand filters (which is who actually made him).
Out he went...and back to his roost.

3. In comes the '04 Ram, who got the same treatment - oil change (always Mobil 1 and Wix), attention to
this and that....blew out the "permanent" air filter, too. Fluids all topped.
Damn, that 5.7 still sounds so good at pushing 190k. (Knock wood)
Outta there...and back to his roost as well.

Fred was then re-homed to his place of prominence in the garage and I cleaned the whole mess up -
and by the time I got in the house and took a shower, it occurred to me I was exhausted.
Pissed me off, honestly....all that rolling around under vehicles on the concrete had gotten me pretty good.
Cussed a little, stomped around in denial - until my wife reminded me:
I'm over a year into "overtime" - heck, I wasn't supposed to be here this long to begin with.

Well, that took the rest of my anger right out of me, for of course she's right....dammit. :lol: :thumbsup:

Installed super stock springs and new shocks to adjust the stance
20240504_192323.jpg

got exhaust pipes in to the axle.. ordered mufflers (Gibson MWAs) doing 3" out the back... hope it sounds decent

Also reinstalled my headlight switch and have dash lights now and dome light is fixed :)

Auto Transport Service
Back