• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the Story on the Go-Wing?

rowdy700

Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
Is it possible this car came from the factory with the go-wing?
I've owned this car for over 30 years, I recall taking the wing off once and it had a Chrysler logo on it, so it is OEM.
Also the trunk has a few slots to adjust the spring tension, this is available to account for the extra weight.

I'm getting it ready for the road, It hasn't seen pavement since 1990.
I just got new tires and am flushing out the old gas this weekend.

The car was hit just in front of the door while it was parked, and the paint on the hood has faded in the desert sun.

SuperBee-NewTires.jpg

The slots are normal in all cars....it's the position that determines the loading adjustment required.

That's not a Go-Wing, It's what was called a "Gull Wing" A one year only design that was used on 71 model year cars....

Go-Wing
1660778030120.jpeg

Gull-Wing

1660778254202.jpeg

Is it possible this car came from the factory with the go-wing?
I've owned this car for over 30 years, I recall taking the wing off once and it had a Chrysler logo on it, so it is OEM.
Also the trunk has a few slots to adjust the spring tension, this is available to account for the extra weight.

I'm getting it ready for the road, It hasn't seen pavement since 1990.
I just got new tires and am flushing out the old gas this weekend.

The car was hit just in front of the door while it was parked, and the paint on the hood has faded in the desert sun.

View attachment 1683493
Looks nice!

1970 the go wing was an option.

The Go Wing was not available until Febuary of 1970. It would not be on a 1969 car. As stated that wing is a 1971 Gull Wing. Early 1971 cars still had the 1970 style Go Wing.

Thanks All,
So I learned this is not a Go-wing and most likely a Gull-Wing. The original owner must have purchased and installed it on or after 1971.

Obviously not yours... To bad... You've drilled holes in a lot of nice trunk lids....

The Gull Wing looks better than the Go-Wing... Neither looks like it belongs.... Messes up the clean lines of a Charger... Or virtually any other car....

Post in thread 'Whats the Story on the Go-Wing?' Whats the Story on the Go-Wing?

:lol:

Obviously not yours... To bad... You've drilled holes in a lot of nice trunk lids....

The Gull Wing looks better than the Go-Wing... Neither looks like it belongs.... Messes up the clean lines of a Charger... Or virtually any other car....
That's why they are called options.

Auto Transport Service
Back