• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who do you buy your brake lines from?

davek

Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
1970 charger- SSTubes,Inline tube ,Right Stuff lists can go on. Have you bought from any of these companies ? Did you just make your own? And how hard to remove the back line going down the frame rail? Thanks Dave

When you buy the long line that goes from the front to the back is it straight in a long box or do they come with a gentle bend and you have to straighten it out or is there a joiner in the middle ?

The long line comes in the shape of a “U”. The line has tape where the bend is and you bend it straight from there.

When replacing the brake n fuel lines try not to disorient your old ones so you can replace new ones to the same bends. I find that using zip ties to hold the two lines together for getting the near perfect bends.

Inline Tube or just make them yourself.
For the cost of store bought lines, purchase copper/nickel or coated bulk line and the tools needed to fabricate them. It is easy and satisfying to accomplish this basic task!
Mike

Haven't bought a complete kit for my Mopars yet, but , have purchased several complete kits for various GMCs. Inline Tubes were the closest fit as of yet and still needed final correction manipulation. SS tube was the worst in fitment. If you only need a couple of short runs, and have a double flaring tool, and regular steel lines are satisfactory, make you own. Do NOT use the dark blue/black lines sold by Oreilys. They are too soft Chinamanese crap that flattens out at the bends.

In-line tube for my 65 fit well.

I’ve bought lines from SS, Rightstuff and In-line over the years but recently discovered classic tube https://classictube.com and was very pleased with their custom fabrication and customer service. They seem to have a lot of standard lines in stock and made in NY.

I tried to get 2 custom lines created by Inline while at Chrysler@Carlisle this year and they really didn’t want to be bothered and would not even take the lines while at the show. I was disappointed, as I bought a lot from them throughout the years.

Just watch out for the shippers..

giphy.webp

Last edited:
I have all the tools to make my own lines and goes ok when I have the rusty pattern to go by but on my current project all the lines are gone and thinking about giving a try to order a set

If you decide to bend your own brake lines, don’t forget the flare nut like I’ve done after I made a perfect flare.

You will be fine with either In Line Tube or The Right Stuff.

Acme A12. They fit perfectly. Not sure he has anymore. lol.

1970 charger- SSTubes,Inline tube ,Right Stuff lists can go on. Have you bought from any of these companies ? Did you just make your own? And how hard to remove the back line going down the frame rail? Thanks Dave
Classic Tube.

Auto Transport Service
Back