• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

I can`t believe it's been close to thirty years (it will be 30 in December) since Rutan's Voyager flew around the globe non-stop and without refueling. It was a nine day flight.
0701014_4.jpg
Laying down.

Oh yeah, that too. Laying down, two people on board.

The team had asked Plymouth for sponsorship, thinking it was a natural because the Voyager name was also on the Plymouth mini-van. Something like lending a van for use as a chase vehicle. Plymouth said no.

I read this a few years ago, great story. https://www.amazon.com/Voyager-Flight-Around-John-Kaufmann/dp/0894901850

P1010005.JPG

Me pre-flighting "HOT DONNA" in Nellis AFB , Las Vegas NV 2010
My "telemetry van" beside the jet

Last edited:
Here's a collection of some mid-air refueling attempts that didn't quite work out...

Plus, for the topic that originally started this whole thread - a Super Constellation start up and take-off.

A little more up to date than the old Martin Mars used for firefighting - here's the Beriev Be-200...

c193ae7542cc31c371c502d4f6e52441.jpg

Xp-82 Twin Mustang Prototype Project (44-83887)
·
Due to our moving our XP-82 to a larger hangar to facilitate the final assembly and installation of the wings, we will be late in posting September's news release. Stay tuned and thanks for your interest in our unique and rare warbird.

Auto Transport Service
Back