• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

Ha Ha!
Cool!

It is quite an aircraft!

It can "see" much more than any other aircraft out there...
"majic eyes"

A little more up to date than the old Martin Mars used for firefighting - here's the Beriev Be-200...

c193ae7542cc31c371c502d4f6e52441.jpg

Those guys have BIL BALLS!

This week in Edwards flight test history
412th Test Wing Public Affairs / Published October 04, 2016

161003-F-ZZ999-412.JPG

(Edwards History Office file photo)

EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. -- On Oct. 3, 1967 Maj. William J. “Pete” Knight flew the modified X-15A-2 to a speed of Mach 6.7 (4,520 mph). The aircraft was flown with its full ablative coating and external fuel tanks. A dummy ramjet mounted on the lower ventral stub stabilizer fell away during the flight as a result of severe heat damage to the fairing. The flight marked the highest speed achieved in the X-15 program and remains the highest speed ever reached by a manned airplane.

This B-47 bomber is the only one ever flown with Canadian markings (or any non-US markings period) - designated the CL-52. Also the only one flown with seven engines. On loan from the USAF, this airframe was used by Orenda Engines to do inflight testing of the Iroquois PS13 engine originally designed for the Avro Arrow. With 20,000 pounds of static thrust, the plane was a handful to fly and required full left power to offset the thrust to stay straight. I don't know if it was tested with afterburner. Apparently the torque had twisted the frame, at any rate the jet was scrapped after being returned to the USAF.

CF-105_Arrow-08.JPG

"We" are getting the "Last" B-47 bomber out there
It is soon coming to Edwards AFB for it's final resting place
I'll send pics as soon as it arrives

"We" are getting the "Last" B-47 bomber out there
It is soon coming to Edwards AFB for it's final resting place
I'll send pics as soon as it arrives
I love the B-47! Can i do some polishing on it.....ha ha....there's a career!

I love the B-47! Can i do some polishing on it.....ha ha....there's a career!
That,s funny to me because during my USAF field traning at Plattsburgh AFB in 1978, I had the privilege of polishing the one they had on display to work off demerits. Me and 200 other guys of course.

That,s funny to me because during my USAF field traning at Plattsburgh AFB in 1978, I had the privilege of polishing the one they had on display to work off demerits. Me and 200 other guys of course.

Ha Ha!
I remember that ERA 68gtxman!
I had to turn the water sprinklers on at Castle AFB 0430 Hrs for a week straight....
Old Chief Duddy's "Benevolent Behavior correction program"
At 1980 he had 32 years active service

While using basically the same airframe as the P-3 Orion, this Lockheed CP-140 Aurura was built for the Canadian military for anti-sub hunting, surveillance and counter-drug operations. (It's also used by the RCMP) One of the main differences as compared to the Orion was the installation of the electronics anti-sub package designed for the S-3 Viking carrier jets plus about double the range. These have been continually upgraded, including new wings and other life extension programs.

Lockheed_CP-140_Aurora%2C_Canada_-_Air_Force_JP7645830.jpg

Continuing on with my Canadian influence theme... :) The De Havilland Buffalo was actually the result of a STOL request by the US Army in the 1960s for a transporter. Popular among military operators around the world in both North and South America, Africa and Europe, the type has been out of production since 1986.

A typical example:
maxresdefault.jpg

The original prototype that started it all:

DHC-5_CV-7A_63-13688_Army_LEB_19.06.65_edited-2.jpg

The EC-121D Constellation, on static at Tinker AFB in OKC, OK. It has a fictitious tail number on the display, "552" that designates the 552nd AWAC Wing. This was the predecessor to the US E-3A AWACS, which became E-3 B/C, depending on the radar, or now the E-3G, which has significant modifications to the interior.

The Connie has the search radar in the bottom radome, and the height radar in the enclosure on top. One model had only the search radar, with no height capability. The USAF and USN both flew Connies during Vietnam, and were responsible for killing many NV MiGs during the course of the war. This is the same Constellation that Howard Hughes designed as a passenger liner when he owned TWA. The Curtis-Wright R-3350 engines make the most wonderful noises of any radial-engined plane on Earth! They are 18 cylinders with 3,350 cubic inches...airplane p0rn! There is one flyable EC-121 and two passenger Constellations left in the world.

http://www.superconstellation.org/TechnicalInformation/motor/motor-en.html

IMG_2137.JPG
IMG_2132.JPG
IMG_2137.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back