• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

On this day, November 02, 1947:

spruce goose.png

Aircraft...right now its kind of like pimp my ride for aircraft. We get in old planes and modify them to accept new software, engines and various other systems. I'm on the avionics/electrical side of things
How many miles of wire in a C-5?

Aw, nothing great, they do that for us when we do 20 or more years....
Your is better!
Trust me...
Cant "post" Speed and Altitude, but that lil' F-22 flew a good "profile for you"
Sound barrier a couple of times !!
Ba Boom!
I wanted to give this some thunk before i responded. Your's IS Great because of the 20+ years!!
I never did that.......hat's off, i am Humbled, times over.
Thank You for Your Time & Service Ski!

So yeah, November 02, 1947 the Spruce Goose (Made of Birch wood) Hughes H-4 Hercules Flying boat
Flew on this day in history.

Some allege that it never flew.
That is it "flew" to the Ground Effects.
(Ground effects flight is defined as flight of air vehicle, height achieved no greater than the wing span of the vehicle)
So the Spruce Goose would have to have achieved an altitude of ABOVE 320' because that is the wing-span of the air vehicle.
It really did NOT climb that high...

Wing span of 320'
Now, the biggest ever will be the Mojave CA built, Richard Branson's "STRATO-LAUNCHER"
Wing span of: 385 feet.

strato-launcher.png

How many miles of wire in a C-5?
I really don't know anymore but I guess and say hundreds if not thousands. We delete a lot of wires for our mod. With the new computer systems added there's actually less wires needed because one computer can do the job of 3 separate components from the 70's and 80s. Kinda neat if ya get into nerdy things like that.

The very last F-22 built, before a paint job.
raptor4195firstflight2012.jpg
I've actually laid hands on that bird and watched it take off from here. They'd always put on a little show for us on take off. I can't wait till they come back for mod work

Auto Transport Service
Back