• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

Thanks Budnicks
It's for: "you know who"
:thankyou:
I do dig them F-35's & F-22's,
they're just sexy IMO,
I don't know much, except what I read, I'm no aviation guy,
much like the A-12's/SR-71's great lines,
the new fighters are sexy beasts, even the older F-14's & F-15's

But I Like em' :thumbsup:

well, here is an interesting thing about the F-35 that many do not know,,,
All of the Hydraulics, for the control surfaces, they each have closed and separate hydraulic systems
What doe this mean for the war fighter and Service Technicians?
Simply:
No central plumbing throughout the air frame
It is CLEAN
Each actuator has it's own built in reservoir eliminating a central failure ...
"Think about it"

1112160948.jpg

The F18 at the Annapolis Naval Academy today for the USNA vs. Tulsa game (42/40 USNA)!

1112161121a.jpg
1112161023a.jpg

Here I am with Bill the Goat! He did not want to pose with an Air Force guy. But he relented.

The two flyover jets had a new (?) camo color scheme - it looked really cool. Fly Navy!

This week in Edwards flight test history
412th Test Wing Public Affairs / Published November 16, 2016

161116-F-ZZ999-412.JPG

(Edwards History Office file photo)

EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. --
On Nov. 15, 1941, the U.S. Army's first test of a General Motors A-1 "flying bomb" took place. The unmanned monoplane, to be guided by either a preset flight program or radio control, reached a speed of 97 mph on its rail launch track but settled to the ground and crashed soon after takeoff. The 200 horsepower aircraft, developed by Charles F. Kettering, was a larger version of the biplane "Bug" tested during World War I.

The Avro Lancaster bomber - the most successful bomber used by both the RAF and RCAF (Royal Canadian Air Force) in WWII, this heavy lift four engine plane had speed, ceiling and lifting power unmatched by any other at the time. It carried 8,000 and 12,000 lb bombs with ease, and when the 22,000 lb. 'earthquake' bombs were developed, this was the only aircraft that could lift them. 7,377 of these craft were built, including 430 of them made in Canada.
pic-lanc-cdn6.jpg

pic-lanc-flt3.jpg

i came across this the other day, can someone tell if it is real or not. its looks the real deal to me. I'm no expert, i just like the looks of it. looks like one bad mamma jamma.
USING-SCOTT-BADER-RESINS3.jpg

tumblr_o15yd2xygh1te1krro1_1280.jpg

picture of Concorde flying at supersonic speed. This is the only picture ever taken of Concorde flying at Mach2, 1,350 mph.

What was record cross-country? 51 minutes? WITH coasting down above Cincinnati for landing in D.C.? Simply awesome.

Auto Transport Service
Back