• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Youngest mopar owners

Daniel Brunner

Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
Hi
The last couple days I thought to myself if there are any young people out there driving these beautiful old machines.
On every car show or some random car on the street they‘re nearly always owned by people in their 40s to 70s

Just wondering am I the youngest member here?
Born in June 2003 and bought my 69‘ Satellite this march at the age of 20.
I think I spent my entire savings from my apprenticeship in something good.

To answer you question, I believe there are, perhaps not as many as there used to be but they are out there. Right now I am building a stroked 340 for a young man in our car club. He is 22 years old and the engine is for his 68 Dart.

The average age on this site in like 55 y/o
not that there aren't some youngsters here, or in the past
been a few in the past 14-15 years old IIRC,
lots like 18-ish
lots of father & son/daughters' duos, if you count the sons/daughters
a few really young posters, from time to time
many don't stick around very long, especially the young ladies
seems like they get their needed info/tech or parts, great advice/s
from our extensive members knowledge/helpfulness etc.
& then bail...

When I drive my Mopars, I feel 18 again!

I seem to write the checks but it is his car. He started college this year but he managed to put 16,000 miles on the car in 3 years of High School. I probably need to buy some carbon offsets.

IMG_0294.jpeg

Last weekend a kid stopped by at neighbors house with his 71 barracuda. He was 21-22 I’m guessing. Was a true enthusiast for anything mopar. 318 car he converted to a 440. His car was a work in progress but well on its way.

It's not cheap to buy or build these old cars. Many need to get on solid ground in life before they start on something that can cost more than a new car needed to get to work. At some point, a roof over your head is more important.

It's not cheap to buy or build these old cars. Many need to get on solid ground in life before they start on something that can cost more than a new car needed to get to work. At some point, a roof over your head is more important.
Back in the day, I'm sure many of us sold them for school costs or a first home, and then got back into the hobby when we were established in later life. The cost of admission for anything built in the 1960s has created a serious barrier for younger folks. The equivalent of us old guys trying to buy a 1930s V-16 Cadillac when we were young.

I got this one when I was 14, finished it in 2009 when I turned 17 and am 33 now. My kids love the cars to so I have one for each kid to give to them when they graduate IF they stay drug and alcohol and tobacco free and out of jail and no pregnancies before graduation. My boys and girls will have to earn them.

Snapchat-1754619170.jpg

Snapchat-1013772595.jpg

I got this one when I was 14, finished it in 2009 when I turned 17 and am 33 now. My kids love the cars to so I have one for each kid to give to them when they graduate IF they stay drug and alcohol and tobacco free and out of jail and no pregnancies before graduation. My boys and girls will have to earn them.

View attachment 1740558

View attachment 1740559
bitchin' looking car! Did your dad help you with the restoration when you were in high school? I know this is often the case when this hobby starts so young, but I didn't want to assume.

My son bought his 66 Coronet 7 years ago at 13, pulled it out of a barn, we were/are hooked on Roadkill.

View attachment 1740566

View attachment 1740567
did he pay for it himself or did you help? I see nothing wrong either way. I do know of some kids who scrape together their own money, but it is not easy. Just curious. My dad gave me his '67 Impala SS 4-speed when I was 19 after letting my bro and I each drive it for our senior years of HS. I appreciated it and have been a car nut ever since and later bought my first Mopar in 2010 at the age of 39.

bitchin' looking car! Did your dad help you with the restoration when you were in high school? I know this is often the case when this hobby starts so young, but I didn't want to assume.
Yes he did it was a bare shell basically when we got it when i was 14. We started right away that winter. Don't mistake I paid several thousands of my own dollars. I bought a land built a 69' 340 myself. (Still in it to this day) and brand new tci street fighter 727. I bought all the engine parts. Dad bought the wheels. Then Dad was driving it after assembly and hit a deer with it and smoked the grill, hood and passenger side fender so those had to be sourced and the painted in 2007 before I could drive. Ever since I was born it's all I've known .I grew up in the shop. I was brought home from hospital in a 70 go mango orange super bee. Burnt orange interior 383magnum console shifted automatic. My dad and grandpa both cars is all we ever known and talked about. I'm still that way with my dad. It's great.

sc005205fd copy 2.jpg

Last edited:
did he pay for it himself or did you help? I see nothing wrong either way. I do know of some kids who scrape together their own money, but it is not easy. Just curious. My dad gave me his '67 Impala SS 4-speed when I was 19 after letting my bro and I each drive it for our senior years of HS. I appreciated it and have been a car nut ever since and later bought my first Mopar in 2010 at the age of 39.
He paid for it himself, $3K Canadian (approx. $2K US) he had more money than me at the time!

Last edited:
Did a Cars N Coffee today. It was interesting to see the number of younger people driving old iron. Yes, there were the VW guys and gals but there were a lot of late 20 something’s driving some real nice old stuff. The patina fad is still going strong.

Auto Transport Service
Back