• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Plymouth GTX

This was a slow tedious job:
View attachment 1600661

Still waiting for the argent paint to arrive.
Lookin good! Slow and arduous, but worth it!! :thumbsup:

Just make sure all the the edges of the masking is down and stuck very well on everything before you paint. Cleaning up the over spray sucks more than the taping process!! DAMHIK!!

A little bit more inspiration fer ya...not that you need it. lol

DSC09820.JPG

Lookin good! Slow and arduous, but worth it!! :thumbsup:

Just make sure all the the edges of the masking is down and stuck very well on everything before you paint. Cleaning up the over spray sucks more than the taping process!! DAMHIK!!

A little bit more inspiration fer ya...not that you need it. lol

View attachment 1600729
Damn Stoner.. Glass Cleaner... Good Stuff...:thumbsup:

Looks familiar but no...
Adam's Butter Wax. Been using it fer years. Lays and cuts beautifully, and it smells like a proper body shop. lol

Adam's Butter Wax. Been using it fer years. Lays and cuts beautifully, and it smells like a proper body shop. lol

Yeah, I thought it was an Adam's product.... Got a buddy (named Adam, not the Adam) who swears by it.... I have a few different products that seem to work for me..

Yeah, I thought it was an Adam's product.... Got a buddy (named Adam, not the Adam) who swears by it.... I have a few different products that seem to work for me..
I happened upon it years ago. To be honest, I can't remember WTH I found it; but it I have been very satisfied with it.

The spray wax is a great product as well.

Okay, I'm stumped on this one.
Of course, I neglected to take pictures way back when I took it apart.

This picture shows that I am about 2" short of where I need to be. The steering column is adjusted all the way out, any farther and the bracket slides
off the retainers.

Column to Power Steering Unit.jpg

The column is collapsed.... Slide the tube back into the car and clamp it down... Then pry on the shoes to make the inner shaft extend....

The column is collapsed.... Slide the tube back into the car and clamp it down... Then pry on the shoes to make the inner shaft extend....
You da man!
Connected.jpg

Got the rear axle installed and the front suspension except for the sway bar and shocks.
Rear Axle Installed.JPG

Hopefully you've got both shoes it the right orientation, the spring in place, and grease in the coupler body....

Now make sure you put a roll pin in that small hole in the coupler body, it prevents the shoes backing out....

thumbnail_IMG_8748.jpg

The shoes would only go in one way from what I could tell.
I did grease them but had no clue about the roll pin. Thanks again.

I have the factory service manual but it doesn't give much of a detailed picture or description.

Well, I guess I'll have to take it back apart.
Do you have a diagram showing placement of the spring?

Is that a kit I can order?
Sorry bro...

thumbnail_IMG_8751.jpg

Saved the pic and ordered the kit.
The seal was pretty much shot anyway and now I will know for certain it is done right.

Do you happen to have a diagram/source for the horn button contact. The brass looking circle that has some kind of backing on it?
The backing material is all cracked and fallen off of mine and I cannot remember how it when in there.

Auto Transport Service
Back