• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 GTX or Coronet R/T Dual Snorkel Air Cleaner Height

Sam69sat

Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the height measurment of the 67 dual snorkel air cleaner? Specifically the 67 GTX and 67 R/T dual snorkel. Thanks

67_440ds_10.jpg

67_440ds_03.jpg

Not sure on height measurement , but that tall one is for a c body

Not sure on height measurement , but that tall one is for a c body

Thanks. Got a line on one but i'm not sure whether it's the taller or shorter model and the owner isn't either. Anyone else know the height measurement?

Might have found the answer in the post. 3 3/8" vs 4".

like stated above the shorter height is correct to avoid touching the hood underside is you use the sound deadener

The one on my 67 GTX is 3-3/8” and just barely clears the hood insulation pad.

The taller dome does not take the pie pan. You can buy dropped bases at your nearest speed shop, for hood clearance. Then, look for clearance between bottom of lid and coil. You can also juggle height of air filter, if you are using small unsilenced base.

Thanks. Got a line on one but i'm not sure whether it's the taller or shorter model and the owner isn't either. Anyone else know the height measurement?

Dangit. The one i located is 4 inches tall so i guess it's for a c body.

Auto Transport Service
Back