• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curing Muffler Drone - what muffler choice?

I’ve watched all the videos on accurate site. I felt they sounded on the loud side for some reason and oddly their tech guy seemed to discourage me from using the hemi resonators behind a 440. After looking at my list, I crossed them off due to extreme shipping costs, high costs for the mufflers, and since I’m doing new pipes the 2.25 outlets didn’t fit my plans. Really if I didn’t need new tailpipes I probably could stomach the costs and roll the dice on the smaller size.
I get what you’re saying. Watched vid’s from I don’t know how many makers and it’s still hard to tell exactly from a video and never know what they might sound like on your ride. Lol, not the thing you can try on and return if you don’t like them.

Recalling my Cuda and Challenger back when, they were too quiet having resonators on them. A buddy had a ’69 GTX and loved the sound from his stock exhaust also recalling the stock RR exhaust. MO, they were my favorites. Given these memories, thought the Hemi mufflers would be a good bet, last thing I wanted to do was fork out for another set of mufflers, get a nice sound and just the same decibel level I had. Yeah, they’re a bit louder than I’d have thought; though appreciably more quiet when cruising.

Anyway, MANY choices to be had and if you haven’t done some searches on the forum here, lot’s of good comments.

Auto Transport Service
Back