• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original mufflers question for HP engines

Have you ever driven it for a couple hours straight?
I guess I didn't really finish my thought: I can't hear any drone, or anything else for that matter. No, it's just a 1/4 mile car, can't imagine a long drive with that set up.

Seriously, I'd run the biggest walker quiet flow with 2 1/2 in/out, that will fit under the car. Should be very similar to the factory hemi muffler, size and sound.
But there is a solution for the drone. Google "helmholtz resonator for exhaust".

I guess I didn't really finish my thought: I can't hear any drone, or anything else for that matter. No, it's just a 1/4 mile car, can't imagine a long drive with that set up.
I ran a couple glasspacks as header mufflers on my 57chevy, many MANY years ago! But I couldn't call em glasspcks, ALL the glass was blown out. About 95% sound level of uncorked, they would ring like a bell if you hit em with a wrench.
But, I did have a set of very quiet triple pass that I could swap to, when I got tired of it..... or got "stopped".....

If you get quiet flows, it will cut into your performance. I just removed mine from my stroker Dart. Otherwise, they are quiet.

Auto Transport Service
Back