• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curious about screen names?

beanhead

Easily Offensive
Local time
4:23 PM
Reaction score
Hi all...so as I browse the site here, I notice some amusing and interesting screen names, so I thought I'd ask....Where/how did everyone come up with theirs? Ok so some are obvious but since I'm asking I'll start...years ago when I played in bands, my guitar player and I had a small recording studio set up in my spare room...He ordered some gear catalogs and had them sent to the house and, for whatever reason, where they ask you for a company name he put in "beanhead productions"...I thought he was a goofball (which he was/is) but somehow the nickname stuck and I've used it for an internet username ever since..

13ym349.jpg

23kzr5y.jpg

I used to head up a government training team that went around the world to teach the use of command and control systems for the Navy. On one trip to Misawa, Japan, my team and I were in a shopping mall, and I came down an escalator, turned a corner, and ran into an older Japanese couple. They were both under five-feet tall, and I'm 6'6", and my appearance shocked them a bit. :) The husband pointed at me and started yammering in Japanese, and his wife was shaking her head, and one of the guys on my team said they looked like one of those couples in a Godzilla movie who see Godzilla coming through Tokyo. And since my name is Bruce, I became known as Bruzilla. :)

Back when Al Gore first created the Internet, I needed a screen name. I thought Chryslerkid would be cool but someone already had that one. So I tried it with a "K" and walla!

Pretty simple... I live here, the year of my car and type.
I guess I'm not sure what I would do if I moved out of state.

As a youngster I frequented one local speed/parts house quite frequently. The elderly owner once asked me why I wasn't into Chevys like everyone else. He's the one who called me the crazy Mopar Wacko kid. Guess you can drop the kid part now. I still have an account under Moparwacko there, and built carbs for the shop back in the day. He's long gone now, but the name stuck, that's all they know me by. I pretty much use it for all forums, gmail,etc. Every once in a while I'll get a call asking if this is the Wacky Mopar guy and can you help with .........on my car. Kinda funny

The first car site I ever joined was a Cadillac site and not knowing any better I signed on with my real name. Later realizing I should come up with a screen name (and not being very creative) I chose Ranger as I had served with the 16th Infantry Regiment ("Rangers") ,1st Infantry Division. When I came here Ranger was taken so I added 16.
http://www.16thinfassn.org/
16th_Distinctive_Unit_Insignia50.png

i deal in mostly beaters and projects and cheap cars for resale.
i like hooking other people up with cars and seeing them get saved.
used to be a mopar maniac and an Amc freak.
now im just an old fart with a coupla cars and plenty of memories and dreams :)

Mine is one of the obvious ones...

Example of my vin plate. Not actual one though

images.jpeg

I used to be a big fan of the comic strip, Crankshaft. When I went to set up my first email account, someone already was using it so I added 'kid' to it and also used it as my user name for a long time but over the years, I shortened it to Cranky since that what so many call me anyways.....for some reason. :D

Original owner , just seemed right.

Auto Transport Service
Back