• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Family Tradition

Lookin good Prop!

It must be a glass guy thing. The guy that came and installed mine was the same way around the car. I laid blankets on it and asked that he be careful, in one ear and out the other. By the grace of god he didn't scratch, chip or break anything. I opted to install my trim as well. Maybe they are desensitized from working around all these new cars all day. It's probably just another car to them.

looking good wil. too late i already told her but i think she will calm down once she finds out the glass is in the car. What's next to do now, interior or motor?

Sad to hear 99ss and myself aren't the only one with these glass guy issues Buckeye. A guy likes to have faith in other folks, but at this point I really don't want anyone touching the car anymore and besides eventually getting an alignment, that's the way it's gonna be.

Well Roger.....Hell has no wrath like a woman scorned. Hopefully we can keep her off the America's most wanted list, in the connection of a missing glass guy. As far as what's next...I plan on getting the holes drilled for the gas pedal and install the Rattle Trap sound deadener in the car. Maybe start installing all the seals as well. Such a long list of little odds and ends to cover, i'm just gonna take my time and enjoy putting her back together the best I can. I'm looking forward to tossing on the tunes, grabing a beer and kicking back with the old Plymouth.

i can see many night to come where wife walks out to garage,wife looks at will,wife turns around walking away shaking her head.that sound close will?

Glad to hear the second go round with the glass went better. How did you turn out with the glass company settling up with you on the paint chip?
By the way...can't say it enough, those wheels really set off the car! ha ha ha

Lookin good Prop!

It must be a glass guy thing. The guy that came and installed mine was the same way around the car. I laid blankets on it and asked that he be careful, in one ear and out the other. By the grace of god he didn't scratch, chip or break anything. I opted to install my trim as well. Maybe they are desensitized from working around all these new cars all day. It's probably just another car to them.

Its great it worked out good for you, I think that these guys are working around all these cars and it gets to a point that there cautious attitude starts to diminish with time, they get so self confident in doing it they forget that one wrong move could mean a big problem, ive been there at things, ive done it so long i think i have it under control and then slip, bad way to think but its i think the truth.

You bet Roger! When we're out in the garage...we're in our own little worlds. I guess looking from the outside in, maybe we seem a bit goofy in the head now and then. But hey...it's fun!

Awwww come on GPuller...Not digging the mudder's? I'll sell them to you dirt cheap. Maybe you got an old Bronco or something we could slap them on. As far as the buffing and wetsanding, they specified to let them know my time and material involved and thet will reimburse me. We'll see how far that goes. Needless to say i'm not going to hold my breath.

I hear you Ron, some folks get complacent a lot more quickly than others.

Thanks Stu!

Hope you guys all had a good holiday! I didn't get much of a chance to get stuff done on the bird. Did manage to get a new firewall insulation pad installed. I also got the rear package tray installed with some speakers.

Went with Polk Audio 300 Watt 3 way 6" x 9"s for the back

d1-2.jpg

Like the front pair of 3" 100 Watt Polk's mounted in the speaker template in the front dash, I used spacers to back the speakers from the mounting surface so they do not bound/rebound into the surrounding metal

d2-2.jpg

I traced out the new package tray on top some under carpet insulation, cut out, and used for my Jute.

d3-2.jpg

Package tray installed with lower inside trim and Two 300Watt polk's hidden below! I still have two 6" polks to mount in the kick panels and a 8" sub woofer in the trunk. I'm not looking to go ghetto with boomin banging through the neighborhood, I just want a clear, solid, crisp well rounded sound. Just because the car is old, doesn't mean I cant have premium sound

d4-2.jpg

One thing I can say is the aftermarket 4 piece interior rear window interior trim is that it's absoulute garabage. As far as fit, It doesn't!! I had to use a heat gun to slowly shape the bottom trim piece for it to the package tray. The side pieces...I never got them to fit...they don't. I ended up finding a factory part off of craigslist today. The aftermarket stuff is hard plastic, the factory is a softer plastic/rubber, just like the lace that runs up the jams. I bought the aftermarket stuff from legendary, but pretty sure it's the same stuff that floods the rest of the market....So, Don't buy it!!!!! It's a big waste of money. Find the old and restore/Dye it!

Last edited:
speakers look good in there will,you'll be kickin' out some good tunes with those.Good idea on using the insulation, i'll have to remember that on mine.

*ahem* i digress!

Lookin great Will!!! going to have some boomin sounds in da old bird....

guna play da yoopers in there are ya???

Yeah hey!...No doubt huh. "Did you see the thirty pointer". BTW..good work supporting Ol' leinnekugel's on the beer thread! OoRah!!

I could go through a tank of gas by the time the Iron Butterfly song would be over Jay. I still remember when FM 93.5 Wozz use to play that on friday nights..

Well boys...you both know the official Wisconsin music i'll have to dilute the streets with.....Fact: It makes you want to drink and it's impossible to be in a bad mood while listening to..hehehehhe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM2xLlonpLE&feature=relmfu

I should be able to hear that way over here Will.. Coming together nicely.. Sorry, i didn't bring music. :)

off topic for the thread but its a good gathering point..LOL

Is there a get together for b bodies?

by the way groundhog day is a good movie...LOL

In case you miss it on the facelift thread:

Will, "go pedal" bolt holes:

Hook the tape on the front edge of the toeboard where it meets the firewall seam. Do this centered under the throttle lever like so:

Resampled_2012-04-11_16-26-58_449.jpg

pull the tape tight to 8 3/4", don't follow the conture of the floor pan but pull it tight.

8 3/4" seems right for both holes.

Now measure from the left edge of the floor pan back towards the trans hump...

Resampled_2012-04-11_16-29-11_640.jpg

I measured from the outside of this bend where the pan edge lays on top of the inner rocker.

Resampled_2012-04-11_16-30-12_727.jpg

Lining up with the 8 3/4" mark down from front edge of toeboard, mark holes at 17.5" and 19"

Resampled_2012-04-11_16-31-06_274.jpg

I used my old pan as a template for these holes.

Use these measurements to get you close then rest your pedal studs on the marks before you drill and see what you think for any minor tuning.

Hope that helps.

Auto Transport Service
Back