• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Family Tradition

your car is looking great it must be getting hard to hold back now that you are so close to being done! i cant wait till mine is painted and running i miss driving a b body!

You bet it is man....I hear ya...can't wait. The old lady caught me crouched in the car, behind the steering wheel, with my elbow sitting out the window yesterday..

She just stared...said "dork"...and walked back in the house....LOL:rolling:

You bet it is man....I hear ya...can't wait. The old lady caught me crouched in the car, behind the steering wheel, with my elbow sitting out the window yesterday..

She just stared...said "dork"...and walked back in the house....LOL:rolling:
were you going vroom vroom and making shifting sounds :headbang::headbang::headbang:

were you going vroom vroom and making shifting sounds :headbang::headbang::headbang:

You Bet Stu and Charger 360....

Betty..Duke......Betty..Duke.....Betty..Duke....Betty..Duke....Betty..Duke

Should have seen it....Blew the doors off a '67 Chevelle...I really need a gas pedal though.

T-Bone...Top came right from legendary. Fit's good! Nice quality.

Prop, I found out yesterday that my father's lifelong best friend passed away after a short fight with cancer. He was like an uncle and mentor to me. A super guy who was into street rods. The kind of guy who made his parts with a lathe and mill. He told me he had probably built 30+ cars in his lifetime.
Any way, after reading your post, it's the first time I've laughed lately. Thanks for your thread for many reasons.

Prop, I found out yesterday that my father's lifelong best friend passed away after a short fight with cancer. He was like an uncle and mentor to me. A super guy who was into street rods. The kind of guy who made his parts with a lathe and mill. He told me he had probably built 30+ cars in his lifetime.
Any way, after reading your post, it's the first time I've laughed lately. Thanks for your thread for many reasons.

My Pleasure Mrbelv...and I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you, your father and his family. Sounds like the world lost a true master when it comes to cars.

Last edited:
mrbelv2 Im sorry to hear of your loss as well... That is one great video, made me laugh especially of the rice burner sound, I listened to that crap for 2 year until my son totaled his two months ago, hes ok, car gone with the wind, I feel sooo bad now when i have to hear a S-10 pulling in or leaving.. ahh huh, really! Picturing your wife saying that prop, priceless to imagine seeing it for real.. lol.. Old Mopars = Young attitude.

hey will,as always it was good talking to you on the phone.MAN!!! you really got a lot done on her since then,i think you were just ready to put the vinyl on.just a heads up when i get home next weekend,keep an eye out for the mailman, i'll get that sent out to you.I.m never dissappointed when i look at your thread and see what an amazing job you do on the bird.I showed my wife your car just after you got it back from paint and she couldn't believe it was the same car.

i forgot to ask in my last reply, did you have any trouble getting the ''spring shafts'' back in? ha! i love that phrase from the begining of your thread.

hey will,talked to my wife on the phone last night and told her about the comment your wife said to you when you were sittng in the bird.she just laughed her a** off. i think our wives would get along good.Will have to make a trip up there sometime.

hey will,as always it was good talking to you on the phone.MAN!!! you really got a lot done on her since then,i think you were just ready to put the vinyl on.just a heads up when i get home next weekend,keep an eye out for the mailman, i'll get that sent out to you.I.m never dissappointed when i look at your thread and see what an amazing job you do on the bird.I showed my wife your car just after you got it back from paint and she couldn't believe it was the same car.

You too Roger! Nice Chatting with you and thanks again. very much appreciated. I'll be pround to display that next to the bird in the garage. Gonna have it's own "Mini Me"...LOL Maybe the plates should say Dr. Evil.
We'll definitely have to get together. Several of us are really not that far away from each other..Gotta make a weekend or mini vacation out of it.
Dave can supply the Grill, Daryn can supply the firewood (plenty off tree's in his neck of the woods), Mario can bring the Leinnie's :icon_jook:, Well....I got the cheese covered, you can bring the pork Roger, (plenty of it down in Iowa), and Matt..well...we'll put him on point with his indiana jones skills to find the buried treasure in my yard. I'm sure our wives would hit it off. She's pretty laid back.

i forgot to ask in my last reply, did you have any trouble getting the ''spring shafts'' back in? ha! i love that phrase from the begining of your thread.

LOL!!! No Doubt!

Any scratches yet...........c'mon you can tell us.

A few man...A few hairline's. I'm guessing from when they where moving back and forth inside the enclosed trailer. Nothing rubbing compound won't get out pretty easily though. Still...More work. I'll wait till she's all together and probably go back over again with the buffer, 3M machine glaze then finishing compound on the foam pads. Wrap it up with a couple coats of wax then a coat of polish.

hey,no problem on me bringing the pork. just wonder how many of them can i stuff in the back of my pickup with a topper on.

Well boys.... to round out today's events I guess the best way to put it is, well....Shitty!
Had the local glass shop at the house to drop in the glass. I was going to install it myself but was swayed when they specified install is free with purchase of the glass and they have a classic car division that specializes in cars like mine..

So, guy showed up, seemed decent enough. Told him I draped microfiber towels over the side of the car, but try not to lean on it. Chitt chatted for a while and let him do his thing while I work on my failed sump pump in the basement. Came back up stairs to hear some bitching in the garage only to find this....

q3-2.jpg

The guy settled down a bit and said he just tried to force it too much...Well, **** happens, get a replacement and we'll move forward. In the mean time I noticed the microfiber towels were on the floor and I had a nice set of hairline scratches on both fenders from his jeans. I can get them back out with a buffer and machine compound but I briskly reminded him he will not go anywhere near the car again without them on it.

Then on to the rear window..I tried to stay out there for a bit, but I had to get back to work on the sump pump. Came back upstairs to hear banging going on. Went out in the garage and he was in the process of beating the crap out of my stainless trim I spent hours upon hours restoring. He has a plastic dowl he was beating on the top of onto the trim around the clips. At this point the guys sweating like a dog, swearing and getting into a panic. Walked over to the rear to see 4 new dings in my trim...Here's one of them.......

q1-4.jpg

I'm a pretty patient guy, but after a broken windshield and scratches on my fenders and now this, I had enough. Told him to put down the dowl or he will be wearing it for a toothpick...and for the love of god get away from my car! He went to turn around and walk out of the garage and the metal trim tool in his back pocket hit my car and chipped my paint on the top of my quarter panel...About a 1/2" long scratch. He stopped gazed down and pretended like he didn't see it. But when it hit and a "clank" sound came off the car, he knew that I knew what he just did

After a little touch up paint:

q2-4.jpg

This I can fix, but it will require wet sanding then machine buffing..Anyways at that point, I was seriously pissed. You know when you feel that heat just boiling up in you, you nose starts twitching and even though someone is speaking, you don't even hear what they're saying? Yeah, that was me....So after visualizing folding this guy into a pretzel and weighing the consequence's. I told him don't talk...get in your little white van and drive far far away, which he did. After a Marlboro and a can of Bud to settle the nerves, I called his boss and explained the circus that just went on in my garage. He's coming himself to drop in a new windshield, and specified he'll pay for any wet sanding/buffing that needs to be done...Well..........write me a check cause i'll be doing it myself, just like I should have done on the glass!!! BTW..I ain't cheap!

After 4 hours of filing, sanding, buffing dings out of my trim, I had enough...A quick install of the door handles to notice they bow in the door a bit around the mounting studs....I guess.....just the icing on the god damn cake!

So fella's...Sorry to bitch.....The wife shook her head and steered clear of me tonight, so I guess that's why i'm writing here.LOL. Lesson learned..Want something done right, do it yourself. Over and out!!

Auto Transport Service
Back