• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Family Tradition

Sorry guys, been sleepin' lately!! lol hey Will, you actually buy the wheels/tires yet? cant wait to see them meats on black beauty!

oh btw....

Attachments

• dar-tuesdays-1.jpg
    dar-tuesdays-1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 586
As far as the wheels....well, look to your north and you'll notice a black billowing smoke. That would be what's left of my wallet....

I did buy a set of US Mags u104's off craigslist for $200 back around christmas, but don't know if I want to buy the rubber to fit them, being i'm still planning on going with the MB/Coy's wheels

LMAO!! Oh yeah...shooting for this weekend. Come on over, you can make the funky car sounds and i'll pretend to hit the missing gas pedal and shift the non-existent transmission

Looks like my frrequent flier miles are going to do a little growing lol. If your offering BBQ like the one pictured I am so there!!

You bet wing!!! Anytime! Hope you guys had a good St. Patty's day! Had to work yesterday and just a bit today but still found some time for some work on the bird and some R & R.

80*F Degree's today....Crazy!! I was just snowmobiling two weeks ago! Anyways decided to spoil myself a bit after sneaking out of work and went flying...Just a beautiful day. Nothing like getting up in a plane where it's just you, the sky and the hum of the motor..Priceless..

q1-7.jpg

q2-7.jpg

q3-7.jpg

q4-7.jpg

After getting back from tooling around the friendly sky's, got right to work. Decided to lay in the 3M Rust Fighter today. This stuff flows and seats in all the little cracks and seams to prevent rust..It has the texture a bit like vasoline. It always remains flexible (never dries)...Oh yeah, great time for an ice cold longneck!!!! Don't worry Mario, I had an extra leinnie's in your honor!

q5-6.jpg

It sprays in with a typical body Schutz gun. I believe they also sell it in a spray can as well. I also got the 3M extension, which is flexible, has a conical head that sprays in several directions. Spray out at 30-45PSI. Threads in the front of the gun

q6-4.jpg

Like I said, this stuff will flow and settle in all the little nooks and crannies and will permanantly seal it up. Just when you think you have all your seams sealed, spray this stuff in and you'll be suprised all the areas that were still open to air. This stuff will fix this problem. I had a couple spots between the inner/outr rocker where it dripped out, but she's sealed up now. I sprayed in between the extension and quarters, in the frame rails, in the rockers, between the rocker and quater aft of the door jam, Between the outer wheel House and quarter, in the hinge pillars, in the lower doors and where ever else I couls get the nozzle. I highly recommend it!! Why do all this work and have moisture get to the fresh metal as soon as you're putting her back on the road...The $40-50 bucks this will cost you will save you possibly thousands down the road.

q7-2.jpg

*Lower door seam*

q8-2.jpg

Little bit of a Product review for ya...I salvaged my splash shields and needed to get them coated with some bedliner. Previously I repaired them and then coated with rust bullet, but now for a final layer of protection. I did not want to spend the money for a whole SEM RockIT kit like I used on the rest of the car, so I bought a quart of Heculiner

q9-2.jpg

Unlike the SEM Rockit that is sprayed on by a schutz gun, this stuff is brushed/rolled on. 1 Quart was $20 bucks at Fleet Farm.

q10-1.jpg

So...The meat and potato's...
Pro's:
Inexpensive......easy prep/clean up....A more factory undercoating look than spray...Great for small/spotty areas

Con's:
Runny, required 4 coats.....A lot more time consuming than spraying....So far, seems pretty dang tough, but wondering if it has the same toughness as spray on, thinking not...Literally had to destroy the can to get it open..Large areas would be messy and time consuming due to several coats needed

So all in all...Happy with it, thinking it will do the trick, but I would rather use the spray.

Here's a close view (not dry)

q11.jpg

Also installed the back tail lights/bezels, rebuilt and installed the rear wiring harness, and started to rebuild the front light harness. Soooooo nice to have her back in the garage. Great to feel the pace picking up

w1-12.jpg

Sounds like fun, never was in a plane... The way you describe it, i can almost imagine being up there alone looking down at all.. I like your car seeing it kind of like a birds view! :) Looking good...

That thing is lookin Awesome. The paint looks 6ft deep. Great lookin iterior work. I found
on those dashes. if you lay it in the car and put in the two bolts by the kick panels loosley. Then you can swing it up into place while checking hoses , wires ,cables etc. Any how you already did it and it looks great. Keep movin on.

Tom the car looks great.

But I must confess the last picture you posted did stir up a lost memory from my childhood. Does anybody else remember a dukes of hazard episode where they converted the general lee into a 4X4?

:grin:

offroad.jpg

Man this thread makes me miss Wisconsin. Snow-mobiling, piloting small aircraft, and drinking Leinenkugel's. I'll have to move back someday, I miss it. Wouldn't be so bad if I could get New Glarus beers out here, or maybe an Esser's Best.

Car looks fantastic, keep up the awesome work!

Ahhh yes, New Glarus...another great beer '67Satellite. Just picked up a twelver of spotted cow. I'll have to try out that Esser's. Gotta say, love this area as well. There's gotta be some perk's to living in SoCo.....

Dave,

Tom? Really?..........Ahhhww man.....I don't even look like a Tom. I'm gonna have to give you some flak for that. From here on out i'm gonna start calling you northernLarry..LOL

You dig the swampers? Wait till the boys at the mud hole driving the K-5's and Bronco's see the old bird come rolling in with a fresh set of Wrangler's! Actually, they're coming off as soon as I have enough lute. Never did see that episode...That show was my religion when I was a kid.

Will she looks better every time I see it and those pics of you flying over lake country...fantastic.The finish line is in site sir!

Prop, your car looks fantastic! I can't wait to be in your shoes.

You're a fly boy too, eh? I've got about 300 hours. I stopped just after I got my insturment. I discovered skydiving.....and started jumping out of planes instead of piloting them. I work as a scheduler for the largest fractional jet company in the country (NJA)...so, I still get my fill of aviation thrills on a daily basis.

Lancaster Ohio from about 4,000 ft.

IMG_0306.jpg

Wow prop, just saying cool wont work anymore in this your novel.. I think theres everything under the sun hear, now sky diving.. Very cool capt! Im waiting for someone at the controls of a locomotive headed down the track, This is better each day,, I showed Sue all the pictures of your car, i told her you use the car as a mirror to shave now, she laughed and im to leave this for ya.. so....
thumbs.gif

Not really anything new to you but this comes from a admirer that is NOT a "car guy" BUT, its from the heart!

Thanks a bunch Jag, Dave, Capt and Ron! Still a ways to go, but yeah...light on the horizon. Lotta huddles, but it's been fun thus far.

No one ever told you not to jump out a perfectly good airplane Capt...LOL. Just kidding. Great pic! Looks like a lot of fun!!! Gotta be quite the job scheduling all that chaos. I spent several years in the Air Force fixing planes and one day it came to mind....heck, it's gotta be a hell of a lot more fun flying them..LOL

I think your wife is getting to know the bird better than mine Ron...LOL I agree, quite the collection of different interest's on this thread...Great stuff!!!

Thanks again guys for all the kind words...Great to have you riding along on this one.

your car is looking great it must be getting hard to hold back now that you are so close to being done! i cant wait till mine is painted and running i miss driving a b body!

Auto Transport Service
Back