• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Family Tradition

Shouldn't a done that Prop....

Now I gotta go and do this:

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

Cruelty Dave............Pure Cruelty man.....

Nice Grill be the way!

Thanks, my own design on the grill. I was gonna go big I tell ya, manufacturing/sales/etc.

:grin:

Actually I was, I had a good sale dialog open with cabelas cooking and cutlery purchasing dept.

I chose the route of the day job working for somebody elses company. :grin:

Maybe someday if I grow a pair or once I have the kids growed up so I don't have so much to risk financially.

How's that black bird?

that is a fine looking car! you should be proud of the work you have done you saved that car. not many would have gone that far, good work

I just found your thred Prop. This is most absolutley outragesouly awesome project and detail i have ever ever seen. I have been reading it for 3 days now after work and im on page 38, not going to cheat and look at the finished product yet i just jumped to the last page to comment only. I am at stages on my 69 now that you have posted, trunk and cowl, front end ect... I needed a little inspiration because i was feeling down and overwhelmed on mine. This is a HUGE inspiration and now im motivated again. Wow im pumped and hope i can do half the job that ive seen you do so far. Thanks for all the good work and detailed pics. Much appreciated. Just noticed you also have 68 Coronet and 69 rr. We have great taste i have a 68 Bee tribute and making my 69rr tribute and also a 70rr tribute.

Thanks, my own design on the grill. I was gonna go big I tell ya, manufacturing/sales/etc.

:grin:

Actually I was, I had a good sale dialog open with cabelas cooking and cutlery purchasing dept.

I chose the route of the day job working for somebody elses company. :grin:

Maybe someday if I grow a pair or once I have the kids growed up so I don't have so much to risk financially.

How's that black bird?

I can see why Dave...That is a great design! I'd buy one! Heck of a lot better than some of the garbage they're selling in the stores these days. Till you release those to the world, I guess i'll be sticking with the ol' Weber.

that is a fine looking car! you should be proud of the work you have done you saved that car. not many would have gone that far, good work

:icon_thumright: Thanks a bunch buddy!

I just found your thred Prop. This is most absolutley outragesouly awesome project and detail i have ever ever seen. I have been reading it for 3 days now after work and im on page 38, not going to cheat and look at the finished product yet i just jumped to the last page to comment only. I am at stages on my 69 now that you have posted, trunk and cowl, front end ect... I needed a little inspiration because i was feeling down and overwhelmed on mine. This is a HUGE inspiration and now im motivated again. Wow im pumped and hope i can do half the job that ive seen you do so far. Thanks for all the good work and detailed pics. Much appreciated. Just noticed you also have 68 Coronet and 69 rr. We have great taste i have a 68 Bee tribute and making my 69rr tribute and also a 70rr tribute.

Glad the bird could toss some wind in your sails 68bee. Keep pegging away man! One day at a time....You'll get there!! When she starts to weigh heavy, shut the garage door and crack open a cold one. Tackle her again the next day.. I appreciate the kind words and thanks for taking the time to read through the Plymouth novel..LOL. I'm happy to see it's motivating other folks to bring these wonderful cars back. Quite the collection of cars you have. It's pretty funny we have twin, twin cars. Looks like i'm gonna have to find a 70RR to catch up..LOL.

Best wishes moving forward on your '69. Keep up the hard work and i'm sure someday soon we'll be gazing upon your freshly resurrected Roadrunner.

As far as the Blackbird Dave........little bit of progress

Dash is in!! Not the most fun job to do, being it is cumbersome (like trying to stuff a fridge in the dryer cumbersome). My advice would be is to get the top lip resting and start the 5 bolts running across. Then install the two side mounting bolts, move on to tighten the top 5 bolts.

s1-7.jpg

Emblems are on...Whewwww! Glad the little paper template I made from the rotton old doors worked well. Hood inserts are in..

s2-6.jpg

Thought this was kind of a neat pic......So, to the guys doing your own blocking/sanding, just when it feels the bones in your hands are about to break and someone drove a railroad spike in your elbows...Keep sanding!! and then sand some more..

It pays off:

s3-4.jpg

Man are you going to be pissed when you get the first scratch in that nice shiny paint. Looks awesome!

Amazing man, Really looks great with the dash back in... Love that mirror shine, or is that a new style mirror!!! WOW.. If i ever do another car, im going to remember your advice above with sanding Will. Even in your picture the view over the hood is something to behold, fantastic! Looks like your steering wheel turned out perfect. You with this master piece and Dave with the grill, im going to stop coming here lol, now i have to behave, last pictures i woke my wife up to see them, trust me i wont this time I know shes asleep. and im hungry to boot! Thanks guys.. great pictures, i swear i smell bar b q meat... And a new car smell..
thumbs.gif

Looking real good, Prop! Love the color combo on your RR!!

That's hilarious Ron...You woke your wife up for the pic's.............My old lady would go Karate Kid on my *** if I tried pulling that.

This truely is a great page of this thread....Beer...BBQ....Cars. All we're missing is Chic's. Where's Mario at??? LOL. I'm sure he dig in his vast collection and fill the void.

Thanks for the kind words fella's!

Holy crap Prop, My only guess is that you have been shaving in that reflection?? I must admit, took me a few minutes to recognize exactly what I was looking at. Absolutely stunning!! That's some smooth stuff (to put it lightly) I myself am down to yellow or black. Can I come down and see it for myself?? I could be convinced to go black, either way, I'd love to see yours.

Daryn

Thanks Daryn! Anytime you wanna come down or are in the area, let me know, you're more than welcome.

Yellow or black....hmmmmmm. Well, I should be bringing the Coronet home from storage in about a month. She's yellow. I'll line them up next together, maybe that would help?

Of course a couple black roadrunner's rolling through town, stirring things up would be pretty dang cool!!

That's hilarious Ron...You woke your wife up for the pic's.............My old lady would go Karate Kid on my *** if I tried pulling that.

This truely is a great page of this thread....Beer...BBQ....Cars. All we're missing is Chic's. Where's Mario at??? LOL. I'm sure he dig in his vast collection and fill the void.

Thanks for the kind words fella's!

Why did ya think i said i wouldn't wake her this time?? lol lol. I did try to get her up that fist time! She has been following along with this, with me, if i mentioned "Will did ____ today", she would say, "any pictures?" Oh yea, she said all i talk about are everyone's cars here, she asked me once if cars is the only think i think about, i replied back "of course not, but i FIGHT it!"..

Yep, I agree, its all here in your repair manual... How tos, great food, beer, and yea, where IS Mar! i guess we can improvise maybe...
922275_f520.gif

Just until Mario can get here, I changed this pic to a old favorite gal, we all should remember Marilyn Monroe sweet looking gal, :)

Thanks Dave!

Wow Ron, last time I seen a woman with that pose/look, it was on the side of a B-17.

Hubba hubba...Marilyn is a fox.

Somebody has some serious time on the block and the buffer, beautiful paint.

Auto Transport Service
Back