• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got Suckered Punched (black eye) !!!!!

LOCK and LOAD

Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score
I bought a car and car parts from liberty motors. in Canby Oregon......... Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!! this guy took my hard earned money back in July now Oct always excuses I did get car but no Title or parts real pos I bought the car on this site ..........Here on face book seen he has sucker punched people there alsoI did file with attorney general said maybe go after his licence bond insurace waiting to here Please becareful gives MOPAR PEOPLE BAD NAME

You say you bought the car on this sight ?
How about a link to the add ?

Sucker punched

IMG_3614.png

IMG_3615.png

IMG_3622.png

IMG_3623.png

All kinds of bad stuff Why do people have to screw people??? Are they hard up for cash. My god. We are mopar friends on here..

I bought a car and car parts from liberty motors. in Canby Oregon......... Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!! this guy took my hard earned money back in July now Oct always excuses I did get car but no Title or parts real pos I bought the car on this site ..........Here on face book seen he has sucker punched people there alsoI did file with attorney general said maybe go after his licence bond insurace waiting to here Please becareful gives MOPAR PEOPLE BAD NAME
Did you contact/notify @Joeychgo ?

All kinds of bad stuff Why do people have to screw people??? Are they hard up for cash. My god. We are mopar friends on here..
Thanks for the link, sorry your deal went to crap. Sucks that the title and most parts are not coming.
At least you got the car. I would try for a DMV bonded title .
Looks like he's been burning bridges for years.

Looks like the seller just got banned!

That sucks I hope you get made whole/full restitution...

Joey got on the case... :thumbsup:

great people here

Disclaimer:
FBBO has no control over sellers or buyers, these are free, self service unpaid ads, so be cautious and careful with your on-line transactions. Know who you are dealing with before you send any money. These rules are also subject to change at any time without notice.

FBBO Moderators, Owners and Administrators are not responsible and can take no action regarding the sale of items on this website.

For Sale Section Rules

That sucks. I was actually going to look into some parts off that 68 Coronet he had advertised. Hope it all works out for the buyer.

I have bought a fair amount of parts off members of this site. Most members are great guys and are looking to help out other members with parts for sale. But you still have to be carefull before sending your hard earned money.
These are some of the steps I take before buying parts.
1. Look to see how long they have been a member. If they just joined and their first post is parts for sale - red flag
2. Do a search of the members post. If all their post are parts for sale or responses to WTB threads, Then they are here to sell parts, look at their ratings, if they been selling parts for awhile they should have a high positive rateing.
3. Start a conversation with the seller through a PM. Responses to questions and request for additional pictures will tell you alot.
4. Request from the seller to take the transaction offsite to private email- red flag
5. Only taking payment by money order, vendmo, or zell, or pay pal friends and family. Red flag. Although I have bought parts from members that ask for paypal friends and family. They have to have a good reputation here, ànd will usually have a good explanation for the request of friends and family only.
5. Trust you gut, if it feels fishy it probably is.

Last edited:
I'm not directly blaming the victim but there are things that one can do to really reduce the chances of being scammed.
Below is a post with many great suggestions...

I have bought a fair amount of parts off members of this site. Most members are great guys and are looking to help out other members with parts for sale. But you still have to be carefull before sending your hard earned money.
These are some of the steps I take before buying parts.
1. Look to see how long they have been a member. If they just joined and their first post is parts for sale - red flag
2. Do a search of the members post. If all their post are parts for sale or responses to WTB threads, Then they are here to sell parts, look at their ratings, if they been selling parts for awhile they should have a high positive rating.
3. Start a conversation with the seller through a PM. Responses to questions and request for additional pictures will tell you alot.
4. Request from the seller to take the transaction offsite to private email- red flag
5. Only taking payment by money order, Venmo, or Zell, or pay pal friends and family. Red flag. Although I have bought parts from members that ask for Paypal friends and family. They have to have a good reputation here, ànd will usually have a good explanation for the request of friends and family only.
5. Trust you gut, if it feels fishy it probably is.

Some people get all excited about finally finding that car or part that they have been looking for, they don't do the research to root out a guy with a bad reputation.
That seems to be the case here...the OP did research afterwards. This would be like marrying a woman that you barely knew then seeing her in an adult movie a week later.
If the seller has an established history on a site like this, they aren't likely to ruin their reputation with a bad transaction.
I have bought and sold here and at FABO. I have never had a bad experience buying or selling.

Bummer deal on the charger, there is a video of graveyard cars going out to his spot in Oregon with Mark and Dougie. Seemed like a nice guy but def not if he ripping people off. Glad Joey banned him

Auto Transport Service
Back