• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much does this engine worth.

Even being a 440, the best he will get for that setup is zero. It will cost more to offload the motorhome carcass than what the engine and trans are worth. The 727 should be a good one though and is probably more desirable than the cast crank 440.

Well the update to all this story was yesterday, the van's owner drastically reduce his expectations and send me a message asking me if am still interested in the motor and transmission, no, not the van and certainly not for 3k, I said yes let's talk now according to you guys if the transmission is the 727 how much is a fair price for the hole package? I know I have the upper hand.

I appreciates your good thoughts about this and warned me about this engine I know in the states this engines are look over the least desirable version in a pos van, but here in Mexico ma mopar never sold this engine, in fact the biggest engine sold here was , until the v10 viper engine in the 90s, was the 383 in three challenger 1971 legally imported, so as you can see although know is a pos, is a very rare engine, at least here in Mexico.

Hello guys, I know I've been away for a while, the news is that I buy engine transmission and pretty much everything I can use for 400 usd, I think it's not a bad deal and he still own that pos, I still have to pay to remove the engine but here in Mexico it's a cheap ( although not ease) job.

Could it be a 400?
I agree though, unless it is CHEAP, the intake is useless, the exhaust manifolds are too. Pulleys are weird, brackets are weird.
How hard is it to find a car or pickup truck 440?
Not all that hard to tell if it's a low or a high deck engine......but a 400 isn't a bad thing either.

Sometimes with van engines that are loaded up with A/C and other stuff, the top of the engine is really cluttered. The late 70s vacuum amplifiers, hoses, all that other stuff can obscure the view of the raised pad that RB engines have. Maybe climbing underneath to look at a casting number makes a lot more sense.

Sometimes with van engines that are loaded up with A/C and other stuff, the top of the engine is really cluttered. The late 70s vacuum amplifiers, hoses, all that other stuff can obscure the view of the raised pad that RB engines have. Maybe climbing underneath to look at a casting number makes a lot more sense.
For who? What's the question?

For who? What's the question?
I thought this was the thread about a van engine and whether it was a 400 or 440.
My first big block was supposed to be a 440. Heck, I didn't know how to tell it apart from a low deck big block. That engine had stuff blocking the top of the engine so I just couldn't tell. It turned out to be the MOST desirable 400 block that people seem to want, the "230" casting from 1971. I wasn't interested in building a stroked engine then, I wanted a stock stroke 440.

I thought this was the thread about a van engine and whether it was a 400 or 440.
My first big block was supposed to be a 440. Heck, I didn't know how to tell it apart from a low deck big block. That engine had stuff blocking the top of the engine so I just couldn't tell. It turned out to be the MOST desirable 400 block that people seem to want, the "230" casting from 1971. I wasn't interested in building a stroked engine then, I wanted a stock stroke 440.
Actually it's a WIW thread. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol: The OP started another thread asking as to whether it's a 400 or a 440. Here: Does this motor home has a 440 in it?

Ha!
I didn't offer to buy it though....

Ha!
I didn't offer to buy it though....
No one did and there's a reason for that. Pulling one out of a motorhome is no picnic. Now if the OP had a couple Bees and a warehouse full of parts the vultures would be circling. :lol:

Ooof. Engine extractions from vans and motorhomes are a pisser. I pulled a 440 from a Winnebago/Pace Arrow type beast in 2007.
On gravel.
Sheets of plywood on the gravel, the wheels of my engine hoist punching through as I pulled the engine out.
Good thing the engine was free. It was not fun to remove.

Auto Transport Service
Back