• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

June Mopar Giveaway 2024

My Mom's car just kept going and going and going. It was bulletproof. Just the usual, regular maintenance and just drive it. The freon might have been serviced a couple of times. Get in and go with no worries. No engine problems, no transmission problems, no differential problems...no problems. Utterly troublefree.

I believe they kept it for almost 30 years. The paint had started to get crazes in a few areas and so it was sold instead of repainting it.

The dark green paint was beautiful when my parents got it; and the car did not have a vinyl top!

I hung out with a kid who had a somewhat ratty 1968 442......... the car was in the woods as much as it was on asphalt ....... it was pretty much indestructible

like this one but with a few dents :lol:

1719886868524.png

Buicks, Pontiacs, Oldsmobiles, Chevrolet, and Cadillac. They killed off Oldsmobile and Pontiac and kept Buick. Seriously? I would have killed off Chevrolet, Buick, and Pontiac. All trucks would be GMC and then I would have told Cadillac they better figure out how to compete and market themselves against flagships from other manufacturers. Corvette could be it's own brand or die, but maybe place them under the Cadillac brand

Darn those guys. They never called me for my opinion.

Time marches on.

My Mom's car just kept going and going and going. It was bulletproof. Just the usual, regular maintenance and just drive it. The freon might have been serviced a couple of times. Get in and go with no worries. No engine problems, no transmission problems, no differential problems...no problems. Utterly troublefree.

I believe they kept it for almost 30 years. The paint had started to get crazes in a few areas and so it was sold instead of repainting it.

The dark green paint was beautiful when my parents got it; and the car did not have a vinyl top!
My mom's car was green too! Very green!

moms Charger.jpg

My reply in post # 53 in response to post #52 says 6 out of 8 correct.

My reply in post #53 should have been:

5 out of 8 correct

My reply in post #61 in response to post
# 59 says 4 out of 8 correct.

4 out of 8 correct stands as is

My reply in post #47 in response to post
# 46 says 4 out of 8 correct

4 out of 8 correct stands as is

My reply in post # 51 in response to post
# 49 says 6 out of 8 correct

6 out of 8 correct stands as is

My reply in post # 55 in response to post
# 54 says 5 out of 8 correct

My reply in post #55 should have been:

4 out of 8 correct
No big deal I'm confused anyway...
but thanks for the clarifications

we're good, you're good

my job is done here, now we have a nice pile of prizes for the FBBO tent!

Package given to the post office today at 3:15 p.m.

Expected delivery date:
Saturday, July 6th

I sent you the tracking number in a private message.

1 out of 8 correct
so it's not a Chrysler product
(I'm late I did see your hint about "off the Dodge & Plymouth" too, thought maybe a rouse to lead us astray)

DING DING DING

CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON WITH THE CORRECT ANSWER!!!

7.5 out of 8 rounds off to
8 out of 8

88 as in Delta 88 (go figure :poke:)

Oldsmobile
Delta 88
2 doors
Green exterior
Green interior
Cloth
Single
That's mean using a Govt. Motors car, even with the hints
:luvplace:
I like your mind :carrot:

so it's a Chrysler
(I'm late I did see your hint about "off the Dodge & Plymouth" too, thought maybe a rouse to lead us astray)
The only thing he got correct was 2dr.

The hint was to get them out of the perpetual Dodge and Plymouth logjam, but I was curious how many contestants would jump to other makes. Some continued to have Dodge or Plymouth in their guesses. Lol

I was amused (has to be fun for me too!)

The only thing he got correct was 2dr.

The hint was to get them out of the perpetual Dodge and Plymouth logjam, but I was curious how many contestants would jump to other makes. Some continued to have Dodge or Plymouth in their guesses. Lol

I was amused (has to be fun for me too!)
I rewrote/edited that post before I saw a later post

meant to say it's not a Chrysler product, reading between the lines
as seen below
so it's not a Chrysler product
good game

they had 379 stabs at it....... someone had to step up and show them how it's done :bananadance:
I want to know how the hell you got Olds ?
out of any of the clues...
I didn't see any of that...
Or I missed that clue & page...
there's a lot of makes that aren't Plymouth or Dodge, even inside the brand

:carrot:I'm standing by my old, insider information/job ? :poke:premises

out of any of the clues...
I didn't see any of that...
Or I missed that clue & page...
there's a lot of makes that aren't Plymouth or Dodge, even inside the brand

:carrot:I'm standing by my old, insider information/job ? :poke:premises

no insider trading....... it's just another worthless super power; I have a few of them

out of any of the clues..

No hints needed, but the clues are found by examining my replies to all of the guesses.

@eldubb440 posted several characteristic guesses in post #327. Only three of the characteristics he guessed had anything to do with the eight characteristic guesses I was looking for.

Looking at all my replies to everyone's guesses leading up to post #327, it's pretty obvious a 4 dr guess is not correct. That leaves @eldubb440 Olds and 98 guesses. I responded with 1 out of 8 correct. There are no other car makes that has a "98" model. Hence, 98 is wrong and Olds is correct. It seems no one else picked up on this nuance.

Screenshot_20240702-192423~2.png

Also, the winner and a few others made use of something (intentionally or unintentionally?) I said in this post:

Post in thread 'June Mopar Giveaway 2024' June Mopar Giveaway 2024

Last edited:
in an earlier victory, "phone" was the winner

in another, I guessed Olds 98 because I dated a girl with one; it turned out to be the winner

so I combined them as sort of a joke post; but I did pick up on the clue after the fact

Everyone jumped on it being a Mopar since the car was purchased from a Chrysler-Plymouth dealer and most everyone guessed Dodge or Plymouth for many guesses. Ummm, dealerships carry other makes on their used car lot.:poke:

So, later on I threw in a comment (a hint) that it wasn't a Dodge or Plymouth. Some people missed the hint, but the hint was when most of the Chrysler guesses got into full swing. Ummm, dealerships carry other makes on their used car lot. :poke:

:rofl:

BTW, the next giveaway will not mention a dealership name.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back