• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see all the cool 66-67 b-body mopar pictures.!!

my 67 Belvedere II sedan

vbpgimage.php

You did a nice job changing it over between the V/C to chrome and the heater hoses. Also the dual snorkel air cleaner makes it look great.

I'm curious as to how much metallic is in the paint. When I had my 66 Coronet many years ago it was silver metallic and had a nice sparkle to the paint.

Thanks
Ron

You did a nice job changing it over between the V/C to chrome and the heater hoses. Also the dual snorkel air cleaner makes it look great.

I'm curious as to how much metallic is in the paint. When I had my 66 Coronet many years ago it was silver metallic and had a nice sparkle to the paint.

Thanks
Ron

The paint is PPG basecoat/ clearcoat and supposed to be a factory match. There is a good bit of metallic sparkle to it, but not as much as you see in modern factory pearl metallic paint jobs.

Attachments

• IMG_6229.jpg
    IMG_6229.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_6243 (Large).jpg
    IMG_6243 (Large).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_6244 (Large).jpg
    IMG_6244 (Large).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 774
  • IMG_5606 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5606 (Medium).JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_5613.jpg
    IMG_5613.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 762
That is a very nice car well done color is awesome looking very clean.

Pulled this gem out of my uncle's barn in Kansas 3 years ago. Took it down to a shell, replacing/ rebuilding everything. Drove it beyond the neighborhood for the 1st time this weekend. Still have a list of things to do, but I am getting closer to being finished.

68sportsatelliteragtop,
I'm in the Leonardtown area. What part of SOMD are you?

Beautiful car I love the color and wheel combo. Hey it's got the optional clock neat.

Thanks!

I did the majority of the work myself. Body work and paint was farmed out. I will attempt that myself on the next project.

The color is original...Plymouth called it 'Mauve', Dodge called it 'Light Lavender'. Since it was a one year only color for Plymouth I chose to stay with it. Dodge offered it for several years according to color charts I have found. As a kid I used to imagine what it would look like with Cragars...just as I thought, perfect.

It was factory optioned with the clock and woodgrain steering wheel. My uncle had the dealer install (under dash) A/C...an $800 option back in `66! I have restored all of that as well and will be re-installing it once I have put a few more miles on the car.

After some discussions with the tech guys at Mopar Action and Poly Guru, Gary Pavlovich, I chose a road less traveled and kept the Poly 318..massaging it a bit to provide performance comparable to a 340. It's punched .040 over, has 2.02 / 1.60 valves, a Schnieder .462 lift / .262 duration cam, `62 4bbl manifold with 650 Edelbrock Thunder Series carb. , TTi headers and 2 1/2" exhaust. Some port work was done and she pulls well. Once broke in and a gear change to 3.55s (currently running the original 2.94) she will be a very fun car.

Mauve looks great on that, I'm glad you stayed with the origional color. Nice detail on the poly too.

68sportsatelliteragtop,
I'm in the Leonardtown area. What part of SOMD are you?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the Deale- Churchton area, 20 min. south of Annapolis

Maybe we'll run into one another. Like yourself, I like driving them and plan to enjoy this car and not keep it 'holed up' in my garage. I WILL continue to drive it...and even more once complete.

Since restoring my 66 bev last summer I have put over 1500 miles on it. I'm amazed how well the 66 drives out on the highway. I drove it to a cruise in 90 miles away Friday and it was surrounded all night. Get used to people surrounding your car at cruise in's. Most of the time you will have the only 66 there and with that color and wheel combo it's going to get a lot of attention. But I have to say driving them is the best part.

66 Satellite

Just found these old pics. I picked up this 66 from the used car lot run by the dealer that sold it new in Texas. Rebuilt the worn 383 that was in it, rebuilt suspension and exhaust, recovered the seats. Sold it when I was living in Kansas about 1996 or 1997. Wish I still had it!

Attachments

• 08740082.jpg
    08740082.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 977
  • Satellite at Motorplex.jpg
    Satellite at Motorplex.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 990
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, you asked for it....This is one I been working on for a little bit.
440, 4-speed, Homemade Dana 60 rear with 3.54:1 Trac-Lok.

Clutch pedals before, I thought I had taken one of them painted, but I guess not..
DSCF1848.jpg

This is the stock 8 3/4 rear, "741" Chunk, with 2.76 Open..This will be replaced with a Dana 60 I got laying around as it has 3.54 gears...
DSCF1859.jpg

Passenger side Rocker panel..Somethin' got into this one...
DSCF1858.jpg

DSCF1857.jpg

Driver's side door...
DSCF1856.jpg

Driver's side quarter..This was the "Good one"...
DSCF1855.jpg

DSCF1854.jpg

Trunk floor
DSCF1853.jpg

Passenger side Qaurter panel...
DSCF1849.jpg

DSCF1850.jpg

INSIDE
DSCF1851.jpg

DSCF1852.jpg

DSCF1860.jpg

DSCF1861.jpg