• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neighbor too comfortable

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
I think this may have been a thread before. My son and daughter-in-law have a neighbor that seems to be awfully comfortable walking in to their house without knocking. My daughter-in-law is getting really pissed. I don’t blame her at all. Two weeks ago, he came in at 2am. My son was at another neighbor sleeping, maybe beer induced sleep. Anyway this guys excuse was he was bringing their dog back to their house. Why didn’t he just leave him with my son?
I told my daughter-in-law that it is time for a taser. That would have been his punishment for coming in my house at that time without knocking. I think my son needs to have a talk with him. Maybe take him out back and give him a little rough up.

Yep time for a talk,and lets be clear and to the point.

First, give your son a nose-to-nose lecture. He needs to be yanked back to the right track. The lecture goes along the lines of you yelling at him and pounding your fists on the table while he listens with his mouth shut until you ask him for a brief answer (yes sir or no sir). Then, have a more calm lecture with your son while the DIL is present.

This neighbor has a key to your son's/DIL's house? Change all the keys anyway.

Good luck.

I don’t know why they don’t lock the door:mad: I told her lock the door my grandkids are in there!

I would think she was more pissed at her husband. That’s screwed up.

To be blunt, he's hoping for a piece of that strange. She needs to lock the doors and call the cops next time he comes in like that. He crossed the line.

He'd barely be able to do it once here...

no reason for that ****

now if you're working or helping your neighbor
& you're going in & out to get food or beer etc.
doing something like a BBQ or working in the garage etc.
I can see come & go as you please, at that time
(common sense)
but not from, day to day or even hours apart
unless invited to

I would still knock
it's common courtesy

Hell we didn't even allow that ****, when I was college age
& drunk fucks 1/2 the time
you need your own space & your privacy
hell you could be plowing the wife/your mistress (I won't judge)
on front room rug/couch/kitchen counter/floor
or any reason for privacy, you name it

that seems stalker-ish to me

the neighbor should know it too,
even if a friend
if not (he doesn't know already) make it perfectly clear
he's no longer ever
& I mean never, to do it again
or else

cops, restraining order
or pistols ablaze, none will work out well
for an intruder or you & the wife

To be really blunt, the neighbor might be after the grandkids.

Better have someone do a background check on him right away and then when you've got the guy's
number you can "have a talk" with him! WTF!

I don’t know why they don’t lock the door:mad: I told her lock the door my grandkids are in there!
This situation sends chills up my spine and makes me sick to my stomach.

All of the ADULTS (with backbones) on both sides of the family need to sit down with your son & DIL and lay down the law on them. This isn't a negotiation and what they are doing and allowing is totally unacceptable.

Meanwhile, go to your state's registered sex offenders website and see how many there are within a several mile radius of your son.

Lock the freaking door. It's not that damn hard!
I have keys to my best friends house, but even if I am expected, I knock on the door and don't walk in unless acknowledged. Common courtesy I guess is becoming uncommon.

Personally, I can't believe your son has not taken care of this already..

He walks in my house at 2am if I'm home or not he would be getting carried out in a black bag by some cops

You will never forgive yourself if something happens to your grandkids. You won't forgive your son & DIL either if something happens to your grandkids.

Time to lower the boom.

Good luck.

I was asked to not talk to him. That is probably for the best. I’m planning a talk with my son and DIL
Son needs to show some balls and DIL needs to look the ******* door!!!

Well i wouldn't freak out yet but instead start by talking to him and locking the doors. :)
Maybe the guy really thinks what he's doing is okay/appreciated.

Trust no one

Auto Transport Service
Back