• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it Worth New LC Challenger "Superbird" kit

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I didn't know if it made sense to post this but Our Sacramento Mopar club was given a complete NEW body kit to convert a 2008-2023 Challenger to a "Superbird" and we are looking to establish a value for it.
I have no financial interest in this. Any and all proceeds would go to the club to fund our various activities including charities and future car shows.
If this is in any way a conflict of the rules here, I do apologize and would understand the need to close and lock this thread.
This body kit, when painted and installed would look like so:

LC 1.png

LC 3.png

LC 4.png

What I do know is that the kit includes a nosecone, rear wing, rear bumper cladding and a few other bits and pieces. I do not know what is included to operate the headlight doors.
These were first available over 10 years ago but never got widespread exposure. I'm told that these kits when new retailed for up to $12,000. THIS kit is all new, never installed and still in boxes. A man ordered it from a car dealership in California and passed away before he could take delivery.
I have no idea of the value of this kit. My fellow club members do not either because nobody has seen nor ever sold one before.
I know that this sort of thing will inspire comments and opinions. Feel free to PM me if you want to express your opinions on this modification. I am interested in learning a fair and realistic value to help the club when they try to sell it.
Thank you, Greg.

I personally like this look but many despise it. If I wasn’t on the other side of the country I would check it out. I believe HPP was the company manufacturing the pieces needed. I looked into it several years ago. You are correct that the kit was about 13 thousand dollars but I think it included a hood too. I would think you could expect 5 or 6 thousand for the pieces you have. Probably best to eBay it?

The wing is a bit tall but I like the look.

I knew that this would be difficult.
We had a club meeting last night to discuss the car show we had 2 weeks ago. The topic of this Challenger body kit came up. Nobody in the club wants to use it. It was decided to sell it to benefit the activities of the club. We couldn’t reach a consensus on the value. An eBay auction was suggested. I’ve sold cars on eBay and had good luck. That may be the way to go.

Auto Transport Service
Back