• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newly discovered photo reignites Amelia Earhart conspiracy theory

I was in Guam many times supporting MX and Minute Man ICBM tests (Airborne telemetry 1983 thru 1996ish?)
We were downtown at a local establishment and the old time Guamanian bar-keep loved us, we'd bring him Beef, (Steaks) dart boards etc for his bar.
He told us of a WWII Japanese solider that had been hiding out on Guam and found in 1972 or 1974
Guy was a hero in Japan when he went back home
He was quoted as saying he thought the war was still going on because of the Jets taking off all the time from Anderson AFB (in support of the Viet Nam war)
I believe it. There were many stories of Japs hiding in the many places who never got the message that the war was over and lost total track of time.

I've heard stories back when I was a kid of islanders claiming to have seen Earhardt and her navigator crash land and be taken away by the Japs. To be raped and tortured. I believe that's the fate that befell them. ******* NIP BAstARDS! Makes me hate the fuckers as much as my Grandfather did!

Ah yes.....the "barbaric Japanese" angle. Already covered in post 36.

Post 36
QUOTE: "why would the Japanese military have even wanted AE in July of 1937? If for nothing else, negotiation leverage but what would they be negotiating?"
-The ONLY thing "I" could think of 69coronetrt is:
The Japanese did not want America knowing of their expansion/movement?

Some more on the Japanese policy of Massacre:
-The Nanking (Nanjing) Massacre
"The Japanese were infuriated by the strength of Chinese resistance to their invasion, and when China's Nationalist capital Nanking fell in December 1937, Japanese troops summarily executed thousands of Chinese soldiers who had surrendered to them. Japanese troops were then encouraged by their officers to loot the city and slaughter Chinese civilians."

Post 36
QUOTE: "why would the Japanese military have even wanted AE in July of 1937? If for nothing else, negotiation leverage but what would they be negotiating?"
-The ONLY thing "I" could think of 69coronetrt is:
The Japanese did not want America knowing of their expansion/movement?

The Japanese expansion polices were well known. They had already been in Manchuria six years. They already had the Marshall Islands as a result of WWI with a major base at Truk.

Japan "oversaw" Korea from about 1905-1945.

Expansion, and the desire for more territory plus military the capability, was well known by 1937. War plans against Japan for the control of the Pacific date from about 1910. (War plan Orange)

Some more on the Japanese policy of Massacre:
-The Nanking (Nanjing) Massacre
"The Japanese were infuriated by the strength of Chinese resistance to their invasion, and when China's Nationalist capital Nanking fell in December 1937, Japanese troops summarily executed thousands of Chinese soldiers who had surrendered to them. Japanese troops were then encouraged by their officers to loot the city and slaughter Chinese civilians."

While incredibly depressing, I recommend Iris Chang "The Rape of Nanking". Death was easy and swift.

The Japanese were into genocide long before the Germans. In total number of Chinese and other civilians across the Pacific killed, the Japanese may have been responsible for more deaths than the Holocost.

2X
Great read.....
-The Philippine people still hold a grudge against the Japanese
Been there in 1982 and 1988
They are not forgiving....

Just chalk it up to more fake news, it's so prevalent today...
Seems no real vetting, no real journalism & investigative skills...
Unfortunately !!! We were duped/conned yet again...
IMO it's did seem like some of the logic/reasoning was good,
but was wrong, I usually respect the History Channel...
This will make me doubt them, even more or question more from them,
from now on...
A little more digging they'd have come up with the stuff,
after the fact was shown as earlier photos & statements etc.
Putting a story out without vetting properly &
checking all the facts/boxes, sounds vaguely familiar to
the alphabet news networks/MSM today...

Said really...
It will remain even more of a mystery now,
more fake "new"/reporting **** skewing the lines now...

Such is life...

She was captured by the Japs.
Taken to Saipan, tortured and died after a year or so. There are villagers who corroborate this.
The Navy also knew but couldn't do anything because they risked letting the Japs know that we had broken the IJN code.

She was captured by the Japs.
Taken to Saipan, tortured and died after a year or so. There are villagers who corroborate this.
The Navy also knew but couldn't do anything because they risked letting the Japs know that we had broken the IJN code.
In 1937? I don't think we had any of their codes broke at that point. Before WW2 we had broken their diplomatic code purple but not any of the IJN codes at that point. I still think they ditched at sea and may have died on a deserted island or in the ocean.

In 1937? I don't think we had any of their codes broke at that point. Before WW2 we had broken their diplomatic code purple but not any of the IJN codes at that point. I still think they ditched at sea and may have died on a deserted island or in the ocean.
There is a large amount of evidence to support my previous post. Witnesses, pieces of a plane just like hers which was not common in Pacific.
Even claims by a few Marines who were ordered to dig up human bones in a specific place days after we took Saipan.
Witnesses on Saipan, witnesses on the atoll where she crashed
I think the Japs are responsible for her death

In 1937? I don't think we had any of their codes broke at that point. Before WW2 we had broken their diplomatic code purple but not any of the IJN codes at that point.

Don’t let facts get in the way of a theory.

There is a large amount of evidence to support my previous post. Witnesses, pieces of a plane just like hers which was not common in Pacific.
Even claims by a few Marines who were ordered to dig up human bones in a specific place days after we took Saipan.
Witnesses on Saipan, witnesses on the atoll where she crashed
I think the Japs are responsible for her death

Where are the pieces of that airplane? They found scrap years ago on Howland that they claimed could be part of the electra but these were small pieces.
How did the Maries know what exact area to dig? Did the Japanese tell them where the bodies that they murdered would be?
Witness testamony is always suspect especially after decades.

I'm enjoying this thread.

Thanks to all.

Where are the pieces of that airplane? They found scrap years ago on Howland that they claimed could be part of the electra but these were small pieces.
How did the Maries know what exact area to dig? Did the Japanese tell them where the bodies that they murdered would be?
Witness testamony is always suspect especially after decades.
Watch the documentary that was on the History Channel

Auto Transport Service
Back