• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Please S T O P saying this" thread.

The issue can be how one has written what they want to say. Can be problematic when giving some debate or opinion. We miss the person’s facial expressions, tone of voice, or body language which could be giving a different message. I’ve pissed some people off without intending to and VV. MO
I totally agree with your premise. I've commanded a maintenance department in a chemical plant of 85+ people, all trades and skills and a multitude of different machinery and processes. One must get to know their people, personalities, skill levels and education levels and ABILITIES. BEST aquired thru personal interface and a combination of written AND verbal communication.....and observations during their task solving....offering praise and if required, criticisms. And NEVER critize in a group but individually, privately, if required.....no one likes an *** chewing in public.
BOB RENTON

A EXCELLENT collection of libations......10000x better than collecting empty oil cans......
BOB RENTON
That's way less than half. Let me see, I have them all on a spread sheet. 449 as of today. Tomorrow will be 452 (or so). I have a few to pick up. I have a collecting problem.

White people trying to sound ghetto, and in fact anyone trying sound ghetto. For example:
Axe, instead of ask. The word sick used to describe something good or great. Innit. Word. Roll up on. Posse.
An observation: Seems that certain people have a tough time pronouncing ‘ask’ getting ‘axe’. And some don’t do well pronouncing words beginning with ‘L’. Sometimes it seems this has nothing to do with intelligence or education. I’ll skip the profiling though it seems to fit.

Always found it interesting how people pronounce words differently based on where they’re from in the USA. Listening to Brett Favre’s emotional retirement speech (before he went to the Jets and the Vikings) he said “I can still play”…pronounced as palay. Class as calass. My relatives from Chicago had a definite accent notably different than mine just 100-miles north of them. Of course, Boston, New York, etc.

Dating a gorgeous gal once from the south, wow, her accent made her hotter.

But, I’ve digressed..

WHO IS THIS GUY? WHAT IS SIGNIFICANT ABOUT THIS POSTING?
BOB RENTON
This one?

01 face 4.gif

I thought it was pretty clear but I'll explain what it means to me.
This is the man that used to be a pitch-man for Dos Equis beer. He is known in the TV ads as The most interesting man in the world.
He is featured in hundreds of memes and GIFs. The one above was chosen to express confusion at your comment. It is meant to be silly and humorous.
I was commenting at how you seemed to be taking the matter too seriously.
Hey...what makes me laugh may not work for you and vice versa.
Cheers....

I tend to get better results with a Google search that typically provides answers from this forum.
or better yet Bing or DuckDuckgo searches,
(Google is not your friend, albeit it has the biggest search engine, it has it's consequences)
neither of them follow you around
& spy on your searches
& then send you spam from all of it

White people trying to sound ghetto, and in fact anyone trying sound ghetto. For example:
Axe, instead of ask. The word sick used to describe something good or great. Innit. Word. Roll up on. Posse.
Not everyone has caught up to the newer ways of speaking yet. "Axe", or "ax" or "aks" has been around longer than "ask" in the English language. If you were to read the first English translation of the Bible by Coverdale, you'd see things like 'Axe and it shall be given.'

Not everyone has caught up to the newer ways of speaking yet. "Axe", or "ax" or "aks" has been around longer than "ask" in the English language. If you were to read the first English translation of the Bible by Coverdale, you'd see things like 'Axe and it shall be given.'
The person who says, I "seen" a 'cuda yesterday.

The person who says, I "seen" a 'cuda yesterday.
The terms ....Axe", or "ax" or "aks" has been bastardized by a large percentage of a certain "ethnic" group and are integrated into EBONICS. Predominately because of their intelligence level and associates permit the misuse of many words......they must have been absent from school when pronunciation 'was taught.....probably out playing basketball.......
BOB RENTON

Last edited:
The terms of a certain "ethnic" group and are integrated into EBONICS. ...they must have been absent from school when pronunciation 'was taught.....probably out playing basketball.......
BOB RENTON
D523486C-1C45-4E00-A4E0-9C4D7F199113.jpeg

penultimate

I'm not familiar with that one.

Trends come and go. Lately when someone wants to convey an amount of time since they have done something or seen someone, they often say It's been a minute.
No, sir...It has been months, not "one minute".

Let's not forget the "hot minute".

If anyone remembers the word swell being used, you’re older than I am, “Hey, that’s just swell”, or “He’s a swell guy”.
"You can tell it's Mattel... it's swell" so said the commercials for their toys. Yes, I'm older than you.

Auto Transport Service
Back