• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Progress report, Junkyard Dog

that will look sweet once the whole car is painted,can't wait.

How did you get the vent panel off the cowl?are they welded? The reason i ask is because i will be trying to take one off a 70 coronet r/t that i am dismanteling to sell and want to make sure the cowl is not rusted b4 i sell it.

that will look sweet once the whole car is painted,can't wait.

How did you get the vent panel off the cowl?are they welded? The reason i ask is because i will be trying to take one off a 70 coronet r/t that i am dismanteling to sell and want to make sure the cowl is not rusted b4 i sell it.

It is spot welded in, lots of them, as well as the base of the a-pillar being a factory leaded joint that you will have to melt away with a torch and under that it is beed welded. They are a pita to remove but I highly recommend it.

Got the driver side inner fender installed this morning as well as finished prepping the front floor-pan, which is now sitting in place and ready to be welded in.:grin:

IMG_5297_2.JPG

IMG_5298_3.JPG

IMG_5299_4.JPG

IMG_5301_1.JPG

This is my favorite thread! I use it as an inspiration source and you got so many pictures that really helps me in my project. This car will be better than new!!!

Matt, got any really good close ups of the Epoxy adhesive shots? I may just do this same thing for my two B Body's!

This is my favorite thread! I use it as an inspiration source and you got so many pictures that really helps me in my project. This car will be better than new!!!

Thanks "the Swede", I too am impressed with your work. Your project is coming along great.:grin:
Hey Donny, I'll have to get some close-ups of the epoxy, along with the info off of the packaging. I am told it is easily sanded down once cured.

I'm gonna epoxy mine also which one did you use?
looking good!

I'm gonna epoxy mine also which one did you use?
looking good!

Got the front floor-pan welded in and started prepping the rear footwell pans, should have those in shortly. The panel bonding adhesive I used is 3M Automix #8115.:grin:

thanks matt,i'm gonna see if i can get up to mom's this monday(labor day)and see what i can get off the car,maybe i'll take some pics if anybody would be able to stand the horror of what they will see.

Flying right along Matt! :plane: Very nice work!

Toss up some horror pic's on your thread Roger...Floors are over rated anyways...I think Fred Flintstone had a good thing going..Yabba Dabba Dooooooooo!

i apologize matt,i forgot to mention the excellent work on the engine compartment.i will try and not let it happen again.:head_smack::head_smack:

i apologize matt,i forgot to mention the excellent work on the engine compartment.i will try and not let it happen again.:head_smack::head_smack:

Thanks buddy, I got the rear footwell pans welded in today, a little more welding and then a few hours of grinding plugwelds on the last few pieces I have installed and then I will move on to the next few parts.:grin:
I think I will start gearing up to hang the quarters next.
I have to say those AMD floor pans fit perfect:grin:!

IMG_5307_1.JPG

IMG_5308_2.JPG

IMG_5309_3.JPG

IMG_5313_4.JPG

IMG_5314_5.JPG

that floor does look nice.glad to know that AMD has a good product cause that is where i plan to get all my parts from for all my other projects to.

:popcorn: lookin' great Matt!!! The Wizard of 12 Mile rolls on....:grin:

looking good there. color in the cowl looks great.

Thanks Dave!.
I decided that even though it is Thursday, it's hump-day!, 4spd hump-day:grin:!:rolling: Cut the hole in the floor for the 4spd and installed the hump. I saved the original one from the car, had it blasted and primed and put it back in to use. One of only a few parts that are original.:grin:
Also did some grinding on all of the plugwelds that I have laid down over the last few days.

IMG_5317_2.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back