• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QA1 suspension

How did the installation go?
I’m interested in the K-frame fitment.
It seems that the reviews are either completely positive or completely negative.

If it is just an issue of adding a shim between the frame and steering box that doesn’t seem horrible.

I’m not sure what to make of the reviews. Possibly people getting way too upset about shimming the box? Possibly something more substantial?
Went in like factory

Can you guys give me some feedback on the QA1 suspension systems? Good, bad, is it worth the investment?
Going on a 63 plymouth fury
There have been plenty of responses to this ... but not specific to a '63. I fitted a QA-1 system (early type) to my 63 Dodge. It still uses the torsion bars and original steering box (Borgeson). I like the better access and the anti roll bar which my Dodge did not have. I had to use the 66 and up kit as they do not make a 62-65 kit. If you use this, it gives you an engine set back of around 1.5". It will require modification to the transmission cross member. I was OK with this as I was installing a 440. If you have a Poly, the motor mounts will need consideration as they expect two slots in the mount. I have a modified QA-1 k member with the mounts in the stock 63 location available. 1st picture.

QA1 318 Poly.jpg

Bergman 1.jpg

IMG_20190525_134113.jpg

I’m feeling the same way at the moment. I want to like it for the clean look and weight savings but I’m just not there.
I’m also a builder so I understand your prospective regarding structural integrity.

I wanted to use their lower control arms as well but the sway bar mount has me scratching my head.
That’s what lead me to the K-frame…figured they would work better together.
Now I’m thinking I just want to box the stock lower C arms and keep the stock K-frame.
I need to see some stellar reviews with details before I’m going this route.
They worked killer on my 70 Charger. Fit perfect. I’ll try and get you some pics tomorrow if I get time. I bought the K-Frame from Summit and sent it back. Did Qa1 upper and Lower, Qa1 strut rod adjuster. 1 1/8 Hellwig sway bar, 13/16 tie rods and Qa1 rod adjusters. This is the only pic I have now.

IMG_1053.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back