• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question to you all.....

Is this really what you think about?

Yes, especially when I am watching a Prominent News station and the Congressman From NJ pronounced the word ASK as if it were AX or AKS
And yet, none of the other panelists even flinched, never mind asking: 'what?" or "repeat that"?

YES dla4567, since when did Ignorance become the NORM?

Yes, especially when I am watching a Prominent News station and the Congressman From NJ pronounced the word ASK as if it were AX or AKS
And yet, none of the other panelists even flinched, never mind asking: 'what?" or "repeat that"?

New Jersey ? That explains it.

Languages change over time. "Ax" was good enough for Chaucer. Some people just haven't caught up with the rest with this new way of speaking. :)

Whodat, whodat, WHODAT, whodat say whodat when I say whodat?

Whut ya'll askin us fer? Why not ask someone who's actually Black if you wanna know about Black accents...No Black B-Body owners here you can ask?

My Fathers side of the Family is from a small Island in Maryland...People talk really different there...My Mothers side are from the South and have harder accents than "They" do...I have an accent and use certain phrases because my parents spoke that way...As did my Grandparents...And all my Friends and Family.....Is there any other reason for an accent?

How my Grandparents spoke...

Sooooo...I pretty much only lurk here...But this little snippet of Racism triggered me a bit into leaving my first comment...
See I have a Black trainee...A young man who shows up every day for work and wants to be more than he is now...Who constantly thanks our boss for hiring him and who truly appreciates the training he's receiving...He's got long dreaded hair (which does worry me, as we work with some heavy equipment) and has "that" accent...We do Ironworking and heavy construction in case you're wondering...It's not an office job...He's helping build the world that We/You live in...As fast as he's learning he'll be running a crew himself within a year...He didn't know how to use a drill when he started...Six months later he knows how to use every power tool I own, weld, cut with a torch, follow assembly instructions and diagnose basic problems with high voltage motors and low voltage control wiring...I can send him out with a truck and parts and have him do certain jobs on his own...He was raised by a single mother without a solid father figure to show him anything...He's the same age as my oldest son and he tells me regularly he looks up to me like a Father and tells me how much he appreciates everything I've taught him...We've had honest discussions about Race and what it's like growing up without a Father...What it's like growing up as a little Black boy...
He and my son had the same toys...Liked the same Superheros...Played the same video games, read the same books.......

Anyway...Long story...He's a good man and when I see someone else stacking yet one more card in the deck against him over something so petty as an accent it disgusts me...I'd love to be able to sit a few of the sneaky racists I encounter down with him and let them talk to him for an hour...I bet at the end of that hour they'd regret a lot of the Racist crap they say and think..............If not then I wouldn't feel bad busting their lip...

Here's me and my 1st Charger BTW...

View attachment 629302

And here's my second...

View attachment 629306

Also...I know no one likes a New guy showing up spouting off about morality...Sorry...Kinda...

Gotta agree with you. I have met a lot of scumbag white people too. I served in the military with people of all different levels of pigment in their skin. I have had several very good black friends that spoke a little different and acted a little diferent than a midwest small town farm kid. I had guys that acted like ghetto trash but you get to working side by side you find out it is no different than any other culture. There are great people and there are **** bags.

Color is no indicator.

Why do a certain RACE in America, and yes, America only, pronounce the word ASK as AKS?
They're the same dumb-asses that claim they don't get offered a decent education.

The same idiots who say things like "Didn't do nuttin" - which is a double negative....which means GUILTY.

The same morons who think there is a 'K' on the end of the words 'anything, nothing and something'

oprah.gif

In that context, I understand now. I was just picturing someone in line at the local convenience store.

Did you ever take into consideration its more of a NY/NJ accent issue rather than bringing up ignorance and race?

Whut ya'll askin us fer? Why not ask someone who's actually Black if you wanna know about Black accents...No Black B-Body owners here you can ask?

My Fathers side of the Family is from a small Island in Maryland...People talk really different there...My Mothers side are from the South and have harder accents than "They" do...I have an accent and use certain phrases because my parents spoke that way...As did my Grandparents...And all my Friends and Family.....Is there any other reason for an accent?

How my Grandparents spoke...

Sooooo...I pretty much only lurk here...But this little snippet of Racism triggered me a bit into leaving my first comment...
See I have a Black trainee...A young man who shows up every day for work and wants to be more than he is now...Who constantly thanks our boss for hiring him and who truly appreciates the training he's receiving...He's got long dreaded hair (which does worry me, as we work with some heavy equipment) and has "that" accent...We do Ironworking and heavy construction in case you're wondering...It's not an office job...He's helping build the world that We/You live in...As fast as he's learning he'll be running a crew himself within a year...He didn't know how to use a drill when he started...Six months later he knows how to use every power tool I own, weld, cut with a torch, follow assembly instructions and diagnose basic problems with high voltage motors and low voltage control wiring...I can send him out with a truck and parts and have him do certain jobs on his own...He was raised by a single mother without a solid father figure to show him anything...He's the same age as my oldest son and he tells me regularly he looks up to me like a Father and tells me how much he appreciates everything I've taught him...We've had honest discussions about Race and what it's like growing up without a Father...What it's like growing up as a little Black boy...
He and my son had the same toys...Liked the same Superheros...Played the same video games, read the same books.......
Great post! Your a good man!
Anyway...Long story...He's a good man and when I see someone else stacking yet one more card in the deck against him over something so petty as an accent it disgusts me...I'd love to be able to sit a few of the sneaky racists I encounter down with him and let them talk to him for an hour...I bet at the end of that hour they'd regret a lot of the Racist crap they say and think..............If not then I wouldn't feel bad busting their lip...

Here's me and my 1st Charger BTW...

View attachment 629302

And here's my second...

View attachment 629306

Also...I know no one likes a New guy showing up spouting off about morality...Sorry...Kinda...

Hmmm... So there could be two meanings to the following statement:
"I axed her".
1. A question was posed to her.
or
2. She was murdered Lizzie Borden style.

Inquiring minds want to know......

Ma couzin who I kinda grew up wit always saids 'moma, I done done it' whenever she axed him if he made his bed etc. And he aint even green. :D Y'all undastanz or iz it youse guys understand? You can tag the blacks but if you do, you need to tag every body because the ones that speak perfect English and write perfect sentence structure just ain't right that is if days even exist....and the olda I gets, the les I carez.

Let’s clarify.
Anyone can be racist against any other race.
In this case, the offender is a white guy, and as such, my reply was written.

Sorry for the confusion.

Basically you said Blacks cannot be racist. Imo they can be the worst.

Auto Transport Service
Back