• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it Worth Reproduction steel Daytona nosecone

Grizzlys Garage

Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
I find myself with an extra steel Daytona nosecone.

It's one of the die stamped ones made by the late Gean Gregory.

It is not one of the hand formed ones being currently offered.

What is it worth?

noseyfront.jpg

noseyback.jpg

noseybottom.jpg

I paid $5K for my Bird nose from him and wish I would’ve bought the last one setting beside it. He had already started the process of reworking the die from Bird to Daytona. I would think to the right buyer, that’s easily north of 15K… ‍??

While Gene's nosecones are the next best thing to NOS,I don't see it bringing 15k plus.i just saw an ad for new steel nosecones at $6400.00. Most people building clones are going to go with fiberglass, or at the very most the $6400.00 steel cones. Some where between the $6400.00 number and 10k is probably more realistic. If you find someone restoring an original car that needs one ,you might be able to get more. The clone builders aren't ponying up 15k plus for a reproduction nosecone.

Good information, guys.

I'll agree that $15K+ would be awesome, but I'm thinking that price might be a bit ambitious.

The $6,400, $7,300 and $7,999 ones that I see advertised currently appear to me to be made from hand formed pieces...that's actually impressive, and looks like a lot of work.

I do believe the die stamped ones that Gean made should bring a better price, though.

In the mean time, it looks really cool hanging up in my garage.

Thanks for the responses, and keep them coming...

This could get interesting.

Last edited:
If you find someone restoring an original car that needs one ,you might be able to get more.
Agree that this 'guy' will be your best market to sell high.... someone rebuilding a badly damaged OE nosecone will likely opt for this beautiful piece and pay handsomely for it. :thumbsup:

I've posted it in the Exterior parts for sale section.

Auto Transport Service
Back