• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Need some advice, I really like the looks of hood pins and am contemplating whether or not to do it. My car had them when I bought it but they were drilled so close to the edge of the headlight frame that they had to bend the lip up just to get a nut on. Right now all the holes are welded back shut, if I do it I will make funnels for the pins to guarantee they don't wreak havoc on the hood. What do ya think

i have them ,they are in place of the adjustable bump stops. i cut rubber hose the correct length to slide over the pins to set the hood height.

- - - Updated - - -

mine is a 68,i think the bump stops are in a different place on the 69 ?

- - - Updated - - -

563812_450372411688140_1124606848_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

526351_490700914321956_1750755428_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

pics to show pin location

Thanks cdr, looks like they are in the same place but the plate is part of the fender on 69's instead of being part of the body. That's not a bad idea putting them there although I would like them a little closer to the front (nothing sturdy up there). Your car looks great in that pic.

Thanks Ron, didn't know they came from the factory with them, now I know where they are going if I do install them.

Thanks Tallhair, I'm sure I probably asked this already but does anyone know where to get a windshield "cheap". I found a brand new one for $150.00 but it is in Michigan "the top of Michigan" 7 hour trip, this makes me believe someone else has to have them for cheaper than the $500.00 AMD ones. Anyone

If you found one for $150 I would just pay the shipping and you would still be way ahead.

try jsbrown he is a member here.this is a link to his web page
http://www.521restorations.com/

tell him you are from here

I bought mine for the Charger from him. $199. + shipping, but I'm not sure what that amount was because it was bundled with about $5k worth of new AMD metal. Sure am glad that part of my project is in the rear view mirror.

Thanks guys, cool sight with much needed parts and good prices.

I almost bought one in Ashtabula Ohio, When i talked to the guy he said that they could fix the small hole that was in it, It had/has several short spider cracks coming from it. It was 65 bucks and they came here to do it, It was a gamble but i got 65 bucks off a new windshield if it didn't work but it did, im not sure if this link is the name of the place but here is a couple places to try.. One is in Willoughby and there is one in Cleavland, Here is the email to the place i used in Ashtabula Ohio, I hope one can help you.. Good luck.

[email protected]

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=Safelite+Auto+Glass+ashtabula+ohio&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Safelite+Auto+Glass&hnear=0x88321ffb340be52d:0xda4ba9471dc87a23,Ashtabula,+OH&view=text&ei=Gx1KUu-BJ5L89gSg-oHoDQ&ved=0CDsQtQM

under hood all fixed again, looks great, good luck with the glass searces

Have you tried the local glass companys? I got mine local for $125 i think the normal price was more in the 150 to 200 range but it is good ppg glass and was droped off right at my shop. find the good local guy that is willing to do a cash price and stay away from safe lite.

Have you tried the local glass companys? I got mine local for $125 i think the normal price was more in the 150 to 200 range but it is good ppg glass and was droped off right at my shop. find the good local guy that is willing to do a cash price and stay away from safe lite.
I should have done that in the first place but after repeatedly being told "We can't help you" no sooner than I said 1969 I pretty much gave up on the local shop's. Thank you, found a place 15 minutes away that can have one in two days for $175.00:hello2: One more thing down.

- - - Updated - - -

Cruze update, my wives been driving it for a month now instead of the Aspen and our monthly gas consumption has went from $700.00 to $350.00 a month. I'm liking the Cruze.

Cool. Less gas bill means more money for the charger, right?

Glad i could help. Really looking forward to seeing this one completed.

For those of you who asked about smoothing the motor compartment and the hidden wires I took a few pics. My car was factory A/C so there's quiet a bit of welding on the firewall, electrical bulkhead, headlight vacuum hose grommet, A/C which has a hole for the blower motor, and then some. Also the seam around the shock towers was welded solid and then smoothed, other than that just welding screw holes shut. The electrical isn't anything fancy to hide the wires, all front end wires are ran in conduit under the fender as stated previously and the engine compartment wires just come out behind the intake where you can't see them. There's a little hole (grommet) to the left of the main harness for the dist wires (Mallory recommends running them separately and along a grounding plain "block") I also added another hole (grommet) while redoing the paint for the wiper motor so now they will only have a short run. I also included some pics of the braded wire protector I used from McMaster, really nice stuff. My only complaint was that it frayed on the ends but I just started shrink wrapping the ends which makes it look more professional anyways. DSCN8457.jpgDSCN8458.jpgDSCN8459.jpgDSCN8461.jpgDSCN8475.jpgDSCN8476.jpgDSCN8477.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a few pics, not a bunch of progress to buisy celebrating my 11th anniversary with my wife and playing paitball with my cousin and his boys. I should post a pic of our paintball coarse behind the house "really unique" my property has huge sandstones when I say huge I mean some the size of houses which we use as forts and sniper rocks "really fun". As for the Charger I'm just trying to get it back together but am still waiting on another oil pan so I can get rid of this deep one before reinstalling it. I also decided against wheel opening trim so I spent some time really smoothing the rear fender openings and cleaning everything up for paint. Made a trip to Summit and returned the faulty ign switch, the one I had was a mini so I figure mini switch = mini contacts and bought the big one "we'll see how it does".DSCN8478.jpgDSCN8479.jpgDSCN8486.jpgDSCN8484.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Did some work on the headers "after all the headaches I had sealing them up I figured I better look them over" as it turned out the one that leaked was low when looking at it with a straight edge. I welded it up and filed it to match. I thought I was getting a deal on some wheels and tires so I made a jig fore testing fitment "to tight" so no wheels. The thought of getting wheels got me thinking again "I'm like Hunt picking a color only with wheels". I can't make up my mind but have decided to stick to the original plan on sizes (18's and 19's). Now if I could just find the info RR sent me on the wiper switch terminal I.D's I could wrap up this harness.DSCN8464.jpgDSCN8483.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

What's the stud at the top for?DSCN8481.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back