• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

WAIT . . . that's not orange ! ! ! ! Oh, . . . . whew . . . . it's only the sealer, had me worried there for a minute 747mopar ! ! !

I remember your quote . . . what shade of orange will I use this time . . . ( smile )

Looking really good ! ! !
No worries "I'll never change my mind on that". I think I'm going to have a bunch of paint left over so looks like something else will be orange as well "maybe that Custom Harley Chopper I want to build next". I used 2 Qts at 4:1:1 to put down three coats, the base coat is 2:1 and I have 5 Qts with 2 GALLONS of clear.

The car is looking outstanding!!! Gonna be awesome to see it in color!

And yeah I thought that might be what it was for, do you or anyone on here know what color the single wire would be that goes to that post? I'll have to take a look at the wiring diagram when I get a minute

Fantastic ill use hear 747! That looks cool as it gets now, cant wait to see it in color, SWEET! I don't know if any of you guys, especially with Chargers and specifically 1969 get it but if you don't get Mopar Muscle magazine try to remember to pick up January's when it comes out, Theres a real nice candy apple Charger (Inspired Justice) in it! Very cool.. Thought id mention it as some have them and who doesn't really like candy apple red! Again bud, very nice and good luck!

And yeah I thought that might be what it was for, do you or anyone on here know what color the single wire would be that goes to that post? I'll have to take a look at the wiring diagram when I get a minute

mine is a 68 ? just the plug,no singlr wire.
1236104_568500029875377_114989787_n.jpg

Fantastic ill use hear 747! That looks cool as it gets now, cant wait to see it in color, SWEET! I don't know if any of you guys, especially with Chargers and specifically 1969 get it but if you don't get Mopar Muscle magazine try to remember to pick up January's when it comes out, Theres a real nice candy apple Charger (Inspired Justice) in it! Very cool.. Thought id mention it as some have them and who doesn't really like candy apple red! Again bud, very nice and good luck!
Thanks Ron, I used to get Mopar Muscle but let it run out, I need to re subscribe "good magazine".

- - - Updated - - -

I'd have to dig threw my old harness or look in by manual, I'm not using any of it so I'm not to familiar with it.

Have you ever used 3m PPS cups for your paint gun? They are disposable cups that have a liner that if you hold it upside down and spray till you get the air out of the collapsible liner you can spray with the gun upside down. you can then get it down allot closer to the floor and spray without the handle and hose getting in the way. let me know if you want more info they are great and also cut way down on the solvent needed for cleaning.

10-24-13 082 (Medium).jpg Here is a picture of the set up. Allows you to spray at any angle just like a pressure pot. The adapters are available for any gun. Any good parts store that sells paint would have them. Cups come in three sizes. also eliminate the drips you some times get when trying to reach over and tipping the cup.

Thanks Nsane, that looks like a nice setup I'll check into it when I pick up my paint.

- - - Updated - - -

More goodies today, stopped at the upholstry shop to drop off some hardware and they had these done. He's waiting on a hide of leather to finish the rears and I'll have all my seats.:blob1: He gave me the material to make the panels so I'll have to get on that soon so I can have all of the interior (I'll likely include some curly maple in them to). Still not sure if he's doing the headliner, depends on whether I can get them in the same matte black and if he keeps giving me jobs to pay for it all. So far I'm $1,600 into the interior and haven't paid a dime "that's sweet". I'm really liking the orange stitching in the double French seams.DSCN8527.jpgDSCN8528.jpg

Wow . . . I like the way it's all coming together ! ! ! Looking awesome ! ! !

Thanks Nsane, that looks like a nice setup I'll check into it when I pick up my paint.

- - - Updated - - -

More goodies today, stopped at the upholstry shop to drop off some hardware and they had these done. He's waiting on a hide of leather to finish the rears and I'll have all my seats.:blob1: He gave me the material to make the panels so I'll have to get on that soon so I can have all of the interior (I'll likely include some curly maple in them to). Still not sure if he's doing the headliner, depends on whether I can get them in the same matte black and if he keeps giving me jobs to pay for it all. So far I'm $1,600 into the interior and haven't paid a dime "that's sweet". I'm really liking the orange stitching in the double French seams.View attachment 147585View attachment 147586

Very nice! Nothing like the smell of new leather in the car and the curly maple is beautiful wood, the orange really looks good on it should highlight the outside great! And i wanted to tell you, Hemmings Muscle Machines is another good magazine, i think its 18 bucks a year and most always has a Mopar in it if your interested..

I am really looking forward to seeing this one done 7. I'm sure the images I have in my head won't do your Charger justice.

Wow that is going to be nice! Love the orange stitching. Just love orange!

I sat down last night and found this thread.
I read every single post and enjoyed seeing the progression of the car. You are a talented guy! I got to the end and the car isn't finished. Disappointed!!!!

Just eager to see how it turns out. While it's not going to be a 'correct' Charger, who cares??!! The time, talent and ingenuity that's gone into it to this point is nothing short of amazing. Keep up the good work. I have you book marked so I can follow up to see this beast completed!

I sat down last night and found this thread.
I read every single post and enjoyed seeing the progression of the car. You are a talented guy! I got to the end and the car isn't finished. Disappointed!!!!

Just eager to see how it turns out. While it's not going to be a 'correct' Charger, who cares??!! The time, talent and ingenuity that's gone into it to this point is nothing short of amazing. Keep up the good work. I have you book marked so I can follow up to see this beast completed!
Thanks allot, post like yours are what keeps some of us fired up and motivated. Yeah, it's not correct but it's exactly the way I want it "I'm hoping the purist will at least give me credit for at least keeping true to the Mopar theme". This next post should make you a little happier.

Last edited:
:happy1::happy1::eek:ccasion14::eek:ccasion14::sixpack::happy1::icon_pidu:

Another brutal night, I started at 4:00 PM, the car was prepped but I needed to wash it, the booth and mask everything not to mention get the garage at least to 75 degree's. I didn't get done until 7:30 AM "wow, that's was a long haul but I didn't even get tired". So hear it is, I included some pics of the masking they made up for me "it worked great". DSCN8546 - Copy.jpgDSCN8555.jpgDSCN8557.jpgDSCN8559.jpgDSCN8564.jpgDSCN8565.jpgDSCN8569.jpg

:icon_thumright::icon_thumright::icon_thumright::icon_thumright::icon_thumright::icon_thumright::icon_thumright:looking real good :headbang:

That stripe on there just ROCKS!!!!!!!!! Can't remember what you were going to put in the center. Don't tell me cause I want to see it when you put it on.

Auto Transport Service
Back