• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

FANTASTIC! Just awesome man, All the set backs and times are behind you looking at this one! I hope you have a ball with it!! And I keep smelling that leather interior, I may yet take you up for a breakfast! Woo woo thats cool...

Killer

WOW...747 that is gonna look freaking awesome, this is gonna turn out sweeeeeet. keep up the good work...USAROADRUNNER:unitedstates:

That stripe on there just ROCKS!!!!!!!!! Can't remember what you were going to put in the center. Don't tell me cause I want to see it when you put it on.
Thanks RR, I actually had a post on here asking for rump stripe dimension but ended up playing with masking tape until I had what I liked "a little bigger". I won't say what's going in the center but they are working on the graphic right now.

- - - Updated - - -

FANTASTIC! Just awesome man, All the set backs and times are behind you looking at this one! I hope you have a ball with it!! And I keep smelling that leather interior, I may yet take you up for a breakfast! Woo woo thats cool...
Thanks Ron, I'm not out of the dark yet but it does give me comfort knowing the metal is now buried under 7 layers of base and clear not to mention the primers. I'll likely have to back off for a bit now with Christmas coming but I'm sure I'll find plenty things that require little money to get out of the way.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW...747 that is gonna look freaking awesome, this is gonna turn out sweeeeeet. keep up the good work...USAROADRUNNER:unitedstates:
Thanks USA. Glad to hear you like it "wasn't sure what people would think of a Super Bee style stripe on a Charger".

Thanks RR, I actually had a post on here asking for rump stripe dimension but ended up playing with masking tape until I had what I liked "a little bigger". I won't say what's going in the center but they are working on the graphic right now.

SO, 747Mopar . . . what you're saying is that like bigger rumps ? ? ? Did I get that straight ? ? ?

( smirk )

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks USA. Glad to hear you like it "wasn't sure what people would think of a Super Bee style stripe on a Charger".

747Mopar - I think you get to do what you want with your car . . . I think it's looking fantastic ! ! ! WOW ! ! !

Keep rocking and rolling - it's really coming together nicely !

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Ron, I'm not out of the dark yet but it does give me comfort knowing the metal is now buried under 7 layers of base and clear not to mention the primers. I'll likely have to back off for a bit now with Christmas coming but I'm sure I'll find plenty things that require little money to get out of the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know what they think....who cares it is your car, any mopar guy is gonna know how much work you put into this. I think it looks freaking awesome. And doing it up tastefully.just my opinion. Usarr

Holy $h!t the car is looking awesome!! Really like the tail stripe being a little wider and a great color choice! Looking forward to seeing the graphic in the stripe
:eek:ccasion14:
And what color did you shoot the tail panel, looks like a dark bronze matching the stripe ? Looks outstanding!

Holy $h!t the car is looking awesome!! Really like the tail stripe being a little wider and a great color choice! Looking forward to seeing the graphic in the stripe
:eek:ccasion14:
And what color did you shoot the tail panel, looks like a dark bronze matching the stripe ? Looks outstanding!
Thanks Speedy, it's house of kolors "Galaxy Grey". I went to several car shows trying to figure out what I wanted and found the HOK Tangelo Pearl on all my favorites but really liked the ones with some kind of stripes or something to break it up. Wanting to keep it Mopar I decided to break it up with the rump stripe, tail light panel and the hood (RR lift off hood style) all things that Mopar did "I guess it's a bastard now". Anyways, the charcoal (Galaxy Grey) really went well with the orange so there you have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hoping to get it back together soon and get it outside to see how it really looks. Man were they way off on the amount (paint), I asked a few people wanting to be on the safe side and ended up with twice as much paint and clear as I needed. It took 2 1/2 Qts of base (2:1) and under a gallon of clear (4:1:1), I bought 5 Qts of base (100.00 ea) and 2 Gallons of clear (around 200.00 ea with the hardner) "ouch". Now my spending privedges have been revoked till after Dec haha.

The offer is still there, I'm planning on putting allot of miles on it.

The offer is still there, I'm planning on putting allot of miles on it.

WHEN you get that thing back on the road, I may have to drive up there from NC and buy you breakfast . . . wait . . . 5-6 hour drive, make that lunch or more likely dinner ! ! !

I really would like to see that thing of beauty in person . . .

WHEN you get that thing back on the road, I may have to drive up there from NC and buy you breakfast . . . wait . . . 5-6 hour drive, make that lunch or more likely dinner ! ! !

I really would like to see that thing of beauty in person . . .
Some of us around here are talking about a get together at the Nats when we all get our cars done "you in". I go to NC every year but probably not near you "Outer Banks". If your ever in the neighborhood I'd be happy to "maybe some garage time" haha.

Some of us around here are talking about a get together at the Nats when we all get our cars done "you in". I go to NC every year but probably not near you "Outer Banks".

Heck yeah ( when I get my car done ) . . . I'm down here near Charlotte. Straight shot down I-77 . . .

Well as long as you're putting miles on it feel free to cruise over to oregon! Haha well the bastard's looking great, like I said awesome color choice. Gonna be cool to see those sectioned bumpers and everything else on too

here is one with a custom stripe

0_charger_007.jpg

here is one with a custom stripe

0_charger_007.jpg
I like that "not real crazey about the super long exhaust tips".

- - - Updated - - -

Well as long as you're putting miles on it feel free to cruise over to oregon! Haha well the bastard's looking great, like I said awesome color choice. Gonna be cool to see those sectioned bumpers and everything else on too
I don't know about Oregon, we went there a few times as kids to visit my uncle "long haul". I think he lived in Eugene at the time but moved somewhere else in Oregon "beautiful state". I would love to meat some day "you seam like a pretty likable fun guy" we'll see. Yeah I can't wait to see the bumpers on it too, I'll likely get the hood ready first so they can be painted at the same time "that will mean everything is painted" for now I can't quit looking at it "man am I happy to look at something other than multi colored primer for once".

That does look cool!, I like the stripe but myself i would want the bumper the same color as the car..

Got to play with it today, fenders back on and the quarter extensions as well "they make it look a little better".DSCN8583.jpgDSCN8585.jpgDSCN8586.jpgDSCN8587.jpgDSCN8588.jpgDSCN8589.jpg Now for some admission, just as I was putting down the last coat of clear my floor dried up (I keep wet to keep dust down) and a little dust kicked up "ON THE LAST COAT". I'll be wet sanding and buffing this weekend, It looks like little fuzzies off of a sweater but luckily doesn't appear to have any color "should buff right out". I have got to get rid of those hideous wheels, man do they spoil the looks.

woo hoo hooo hoooo......dammmmmmmmmmm....that looks SEXY!!!!!

hurry up and get everything else on that i gots to see it done.

Auto Transport Service
Back