• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Great job on the window regulators - and nice "how to" pics. I will admit that getting all the window stuff back in my car and working correctly without damaging the new paint has me a bit worried.
When I put the last one in I'll show how I did it, three pieces, one threw the bottom and two in the top "real easy fit with minimal chances of scratches.

Love the How to pictures and that wiper motor does look good, nice to see things going good, before long you'll be out on the street making some neighbors a little upset maybe lol... Looking good! :)

Love the How to pictures and that wiper motor does look good, nice to see things going good, before long you'll be out on the street making some neighbors a little upset maybe lol... Looking good! :)
Spring "nothing can stop me now" haha wish that were true but I really don't think I'll have a problem with that deadline. Thanks Ron, things will be slow do to money but I'm actually looking forward to slowing down after those couple of brutal weekends "glad they're over with". Now it's all new weatherstripping, windshield, just bought a set of quarter windows off Ebay, Grill trim "really need that", mirror, handles and allot of polishing. Fortunately I won't be ticking any neighbors off except maybe the one die hard Chebby guy, I live in an anything goes kinda country setting.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anybody have experience with the rebuild kits for the rollers in the quarter window assembly. I need these two (only one in pic) and don't see them in this kit "was thinking maybe you reuse the stud and replace just the wheel". $(KGrHqRHJEsE-lTe,G8OBPrCob,(9Q~~60_12.jpgDSCN8609.jpg The one with the stud isn't it "it goes in the rear of assembly with another roller on it".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-70-Ch...its=Model:Charger&hash=item4d14a51300&vxp=mtr

- - - Updated - - -

<a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-70-Charger-Roadrunner-GTX-quarter-window-glass-guide-roller-/331058844416?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&amp;fits=Model%3ACharger&amp;hash=item4d14a51300&amp;vxp=mtr">http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-70-Charger-Roadrunner-GTX-quarter-window-glass-guide-roller-/331058844416?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&amp;fits=Model%3ACharger&amp;hash=item4d14a51300&amp;vxp=mtr</a>

Is this what you need?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-70-Ch...its=Model:Charger&hash=item4d14a51300&vxp=mtr

- - - Updated - - -

<a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-70-Charger-Roadrunner-GTX-quarter-window-glass-guide-roller-/331058844416?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACharger&hash=item4d14a51300&vxp=mtr">http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-70-Charger-Roadrunner-GTX-quarter-window-glass-guide-roller-/331058844416?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACharger&hash=item4d14a51300&vxp=mtr</a>

Is this what you need?
Yeap but I was hoping to get a kit to replace them all with "new" rollers. I'm going to pick up a set this weekend but am trying to do some searching in case he doesn't have what I need and then I'd just like to replace them all. I hate buying things like this off of Ebay because you never know the condition until you get it but that's the ones.

"Spring "nothing can stop me now" haha wish that were true but I really don't think I'll have a problem with that deadline. Thanks Ron, things will be slow do to money but I'm actually looking forward to slowing down after those couple of brutal weekends "glad they're over with". Now it's all new weatherstripping, windshield, just bought a set of quarter windows off Ebay, Grill trim "really need that", mirror, handles and allot of polishing. Fortunately I won't be ticking any neighbors off except maybe the one die hard Chebby guy, I live in an anything goes kinda country setting."

Pulling that Charger out and idling while hes outside should do it, Beauty and a beast, he aint got a chance buddy! lol..
I do understand the money thing!! Im working with Jeff at 521 Restorations right now on my allotment for this month and i ordered a couple tools i need from Eastwood, don't tell my wife! ill be in for a long talk about things lol
sFun_blahblah_zpsef394e94.gif
cid_3E275A012920486CBB1419AE88C36A5_zps9d56a34b.gif

Wow, I got to catch up on you other guy's threads. You are really rolling dude! Good work that I will reference later in my work, I'm sure. Thnx for the info,etc...

Haha, I know all about that. I just try and make the money on the side, buy the parts and leave it at that "everyone's happy". I might have my hands full with the Chebby guy though "he's got an old Vette with a nasty motor". His brother's are the ones that taught me auto body and are quite good at making they're Chebby's run like a scalded dog so I'll have to educate them on Mopars "I hope".

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I got to catch up on you other guy's threads. You are really rolling dude! Good work that I will reference later in my work, I'm sure. Thnx for the info,etc...
Thanks, hope it helps someone, once I get the rest of the parts I plan to show it all go in. There's allot to be learned here with all of the talented guys and different approach's. You for one are doing an excellent job bringing back your Charger:headbang:.

I do wish i had more knowledge of engine rebuilds but i do have a friend over east of me (Blooming Valley) that builds engines for the stock car racers around here, Speed way 7 i think its called now is about 6 miles from me on route 7 if your familiar with this area, his Name is Sam and he told me a year and a half ago he could take my 400 and help it/me out some, he told me he wouldn't hurt me much but the parts is pricey, i just don't have the cash right now and have decided on my 440 instead when that time comes, but yes sir, educate the Chevy guys Ha Ha, im not much on Vettes but do like a few Chevy's, just Mopars always was my favorite after i bought my first one, its in the blood now!

That wiper motor came out really well there 7. Ya wanna do mine lol. Keep plugging away, I'm watching intently on how you rebuild your windows. I'm missing everything for my left rear window, so I'm going to watch the pieces that you rebuild that way I know what I'll need for replacement.

Big Thnx for the pics and info here. I worry that it will be tuff for me to put my rear side windows in because I did not put them in during my 1/4 skinings, as I have seen recommended. And I took them all apart and out before the old 1/4s came off. I figured I didn't want them in the way of other work or getting sandblast grit in them. I'm hoping to get my rust inhibiting paint all down in there better before they go in also, after my upcoming major blast party.

No worries Daytona, I put mine in easily with the quarters on. You just put them in in three pieces "only takes a few minutes".

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks 7 That pic helps. Now I'm wondering if power windows and crank windows use the same parts? Cause if they do.............
From what I can see it looks the same as mine and mines crank.

- - - Updated - - -

What a pisser "nothing can go smooth". I bought a can of chip guard to spray the bottom of the rockers (under the car, not the sides) because I can see them getting chipped up and the crap lifted the paint in a few spots. I didn't want to have to fix rust from the chips but now have to fix this "I hate rockers, they've been nothing but a pain". Probably didn't let it tack off long enough between coats. I was trying to get it done so I could put the exhaust back on, looks like that will have to wait "again". On a good note I got the underside of the car all cleaned up and trimmed out "looks nice again".

Bummer 747Mopar . . . I'm following your thread, and it seems like one step forward, two steps back at time . . . so I'm preparing myself for the future ( so I know what I've got coming down the road ) . . .

You put so much attention into every detail, the car is going to be AWESOME ! ! ! ( it already shows it and it's not even done yet )

Keep up the great work and thanks for all the updates too ! ! !

Clean engine compartment . . . question

Hey 747Mopar - went back and re-read the post about the smoothing of the engine compartment, and was looking at the pictures. I saw that the (2) holes in the wheel wells ( on both sides of the compartment ) were left open. I've been thinking about filling them in too - to really make it smooth. Did you ever think about filling in those holes as well ? What stopped you from filling them in ? I saw the brake lines run through them, but that could be done with another method - and a lot smaller, I'm sure.

Curious - what about closing up those holes too ? ?

Details....details..........details.....I'm getting a headache.... aren't you?
Damn nice detail work ( there's that word again ) that you are doing.

Hey 747Mopar - went back and re-read the post about the smoothing of the engine compartment, and was looking at the pictures. I saw that the (2) holes in the wheel wells ( on both sides of the compartment ) were left open. I've been thinking about filling them in too - to really make it smooth. Did you ever think about filling in those holes as well ? What stopped you from filling them in ? I saw the brake lines run through them, but that could be done with another method - and a lot smaller, I'm sure.

Curious - what about closing up those holes too ? ?
I guess I didn't fill them because I don't find them to be "ugly" and it makes things easier on the alignment guy "I'm an Industrial Mechanic as a living and tend to like things easy to work on". I've looked at them and thought about it but decided to leave them, I see no reason why you couldn't and agree you could just make a small hole for the break line "it's just going to make alignments a two man job". If you want them filled then fill them especially if you go with a different suspension "it would look better".

- - - Updated - - -

Details....details..........details.....I'm getting a headache.... aren't you?
Damn nice detail work ( there's that word again ) that you are doing.
Thanks Superfreak, I've been following your build and am very impressed with your work "sweet build". "Yeah" I get a headache just about every time I work on it but what are you gonna do.

Auto Transport Service
Back