• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Alright, the wee little bit that I've done on the car. Had to pull the steering wheel to remove the turn signal lever (pitted) so I could make a new one out of stainless so I got me a new Mopar horn button while I was at it. I tore the spindles back off tonight to straighten out the breaks, because of hose routing and other issues I'll be cutting the sway bar mounts off, moving them in like the later models did and moving the calipers to the front "should take care of all issues". I also got all my door and rear panels made as well. Then of coarse came a very cool Christmas gift (vintage Mopar sign) from one of my good Mopar buddies "looks great hanging right behind my car" pretty cool. I'm hoping to have more to share in the near future when parts start showing up but will likely run out again haha "gotta love it". DSCN8855.jpgDSCN8870.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I got bored one afternoon and sick of looking for my door handle linkage so I got the torches out and pounded one out "there, now I'll find the missing one tomorrow".DSCN8866.jpg

Then of coarse came a very cool Christmas gift (vintage Mopar sign) from one of my good Mopar buddies "looks great hanging right behind my car" pretty cool. I'm hoping to have more to share in the near future when parts start showing up but will likely run out again haha "gotta love it".

- - - Updated - - -

I got bored one afternoon and sick of looking for my door handle linkage so I got the torches out and pounded one out "there, now I'll find the missing one tomorrow".

Love your steering wheel 747Mopar - VERY NICE ! !

VERY COOL wall art added to the shop - VERY NICE too ! ! !

You got that right . . . you WILL find the missing one now . . . is there anything you can't do ? ? That looks GREAT ! ! !

Thanks for the post - keep up the great work ! ! ! ( smile )

Skills of an artist supreme! :wtg:
I also admire your magazines! "Doing the Junk Yard Crawl" LOL! I gotta subscribe to that one.

Thanks for all the compliments guys and yes 67 it is nice to start decorating the garage "love the sign". This is the progress for today "breaks done". I realized what the funny little notches in the top of the control arms was for "improper fitting parts" so I welded them all back up the way they should be and cut the sway bar mounts off. This also gave me the opportunity to clean up everything back up (primer dust) and do some detailing while I was in there "looks a little better now". Now with everything mounted the way the factory would have and the correct calipers and hoses it looks like I have a winner. Now I can finally forget about the breaks and get back to something else.DSCN8883.jpgDSCN8884.jpgDSCN8885.jpgDSCN8886.jpgDSCN8887.jpg

Here's another pic, my boy told me he wanted to help today so I put him to work tightening the bolts. He's a handful and was booby trapping the garage before we left "better watch my step next time I go over". DSCN8888.jpg

747Mopar . . . Looks like if he hit the trigger he'd be going around in circles not the nut ! ! ! ( LOL )

Hope he's set a good one for you ! ! ! ( wink )

looking nice 747, keep up the good work. nothing like having the kids involved...priceless...the last thing i thought my 7 year old daughter would be into is my 70 plymouth....try to have her help as much as i can...enjoy it 747.

What did I tell you "I'd find the other one now that I made one" yeap I found it yesterday "go figure".

- - - Updated - - -

Skills of an artist supreme! :wtg:
I also admire your magazines! "Doing the Junk Yard Crawl" LOL! I gotta subscribe to that one.

Thanks Daytona, I keep about a 4 ft tall stack of old mags around for those moments when you get stuck (unfortunetly it takes hours to go threw them). That was just a Mopar Muscle mag "I really need to re subscribe".

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Just sent the table packing "yeap" it's payday and I'm already broke again haha. Went straight to the bank and then straight to my Ebay wish list and this is what Santa is bringing me this year. I wanted to buy a couple big ticket items that I haven't been able to scrape the money together for, this will allow me to completely finish the grill minus headlights (halogen conversions) and a new Charger emblem but those can be done later. The weatherstripping kit looks very complete and will allow me to finish the window assemblies up so I can start on the interior. 140.jpg400570715728_1.jpg0af2_12.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

747Mopar . . . Looks like if he hit the trigger he'd be going around in circles not the nut ! ! ! ( LOL )

Hope he's set a good one for you ! ! ! ( wink )
He jumped a bit at first put took right off torqueing things down with it and did pretty good "I hope this is a sign of things to come".

- - - Updated - - -

looking nice 747, keep up the good work. nothing like having the kids involved...priceless...the last thing i thought my 7 year old daughter would be into is my 70 plymouth....try to have her help as much as i can...enjoy it 747.
Thanks USA. You bet, it is usually my 7 year old daughter joining in and wanting to go to the shows but he told me he wanted to be my Mopar buddy and help out "I'm not going to complain". We'll see

I asked in the electrical section already but I might as well add it here to, does anyone have any suggestions on brands for a halogen conversion. I like the Hellas but am hoping to find something nice that doesn't cost so much, Summit has some in the $25.00 each range which isn't bad but I want to be sure to get a good piece.

What did I tell you "I'd find the other one now that I made one" yeap I found it yesterday "go figure".

LMAO . . . Now WHY does that not surprise me ! ! ! LMAO . . . ( doesn't that just make you so mad that you can sceam ! ! ! )

Love the new "shineys" that Santa is going to deliver . . . one step closer ! ! !

Keep up the great work 747Mopar . . . love the updates.

Propwash/Will did a nice thread on installing HID lights:

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...1969-Plymouth-Roadrunner&highlight=hid+lights

He used Xentec . . . don't know if you saw that thread . . . very nicely documented !

LMAO . . . Now WHY does that not surprise me ! ! ! LMAO . . . ( doesn't that just make you so mad that you can sceam ! ! ! )

Love the new "shineys" that Santa is going to deliver . . . one step closer ! ! !

Keep up the great work 747Mopar . . . love the updates.

Propwash/Will did a nice thread on installing HID lights:

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...1969-Plymouth-Roadrunner&highlight=hid+lights

He used Xentec . . . don't know if you saw that thread . . . very nicely documented !
Yes, I read the whole thing "pretty good stuff" but I don't see the need for anymore than the standard Halogens for me anyways. I'll be putting a couple relays in and tying it into some solenoids for the headlight doors but want to keep it simple with the Halogens maybe Xenon at the most. Thanks

i put h5001 & h5006 halogen bulbs in mine,seem plenty bright to me,have used them in many cars & they work great, & cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Daytona, I keep about a 4 ft tall stack of old mags around for those moments when you get stuck (unfortunetly it takes hours to go threw them). That was just a Mopar Muscle mag "I really need to re subscribe".

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Just sent the table packing "yeap" it's payday and I'm already broke again haha. Went straight to the bank and then straight to my Ebay wish list and this is what Santa is bringing me this year. I wanted to buy a couple big ticket items that I haven't been able to scrape the money together for, this will allow me to completely finish the grill minus headlights (halogen conversions) and a new Charger emblem but those can be done later. The weatherstripping kit looks very complete and will allow me to finish the window assemblies up so I can start on the interior. View attachment 158968View attachment 158969View attachment 158970

- - - Updated - - -

He jumped a bit at first put took right off torqueing things down with it and did pretty good "I hope this is a sign of things to come".

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks USA. You bet, it is usually my 7 year old daughter joining in and wanting to go to the shows but he told me he wanted to be my Mopar buddy and help out "I'm not going to complain". We'll see

I really enjoyed the updates and it's cool your son's out there helping out .. I had the same worry about the little guy pulling the trigger as bdere though!

Glad you got yourself and the charger something too :)

Merry Christmas!

I replied in your other thread regarding the Halogen's but I'll throw a message up here too

I am also doing the Halogen with relay conversion on mine with the rest of the work this winter.

I originally bought the H5001 & H5006's from NAPA but saw a thread here (wish I could find it to link for you) where someone said the Sylvania's give a better light. I kept my NAPA H5001's and gave them the yellow stained glass Krylon treatment to see how that looks on my car so I may try that look for a bit then just go back to all clear Sylvania's

Hope that helps.

Mike

Man, I fell behind on the times on your project! Just got caught up and as always great work! Seems any brake configuration that isn't stock takes some tweaking here or there to make work, my big single piston brakes off my friend's hemi Challenger had to be flipped around and rear-hung for clearance issues, but glad you got it taken care of and very cool to see your boy getting in on the action with ya :icon_thumleft:

And glad the mopar santa came through for you this year lol! If you bought the new grille trim, do you happen to have your orginal I-beam piece still kicking around?

I'm interested to see which headlights you go with too, I was planning on doing the HID conversion like Will posted that awesome how-to thread on. Just have way bigger (and way too many) fish still left to fry with my project lol

Man, I fell behind on the times on your project! Just got caught up and as always great work! Seems any brake configuration that isn't stock takes some tweaking here or there to make work, my big single piston brakes off my friend's hemi Challenger had to be flipped around and rear-hung for clearance issues, but glad you got it taken care of and very cool to see your boy getting in on the action with ya :icon_thumleft:

And glad the mopar santa came through for you this year lol! If you bought the new grille trim, do you happen to have your orginal I-beam piece still kicking around?

I'm interested to see which headlights you go with too, I was planning on doing the HID conversion like Will posted that awesome how-to thread on. Just have way bigger (and way too many) fish still left to fry with my project lol
I did buy the new grill trim and am glad I waited, they were close to $400.00 when I first started looking this one was $290.00. I still have the I piece but it's pretty rough, I can take some pics if you want. Wills thread does make it tempting but in the end I like the lighting just fine in all of my daily drivers so why not just stick to what I'm happy with and save the money for wheels. I'll hopefully be tackling that in the not so distant future "hopefully within a month". The wife told me to order the windshield today for a Christmas gift so the list is really getting short but so is the amount of time till Spring and I won't be denied again "knock on wood" haha.

Auto Transport Service
Back