• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Sure am glad I have all you guys around when my memory is failing lol. How could anyone forget all the hood scoop drawings? Oh yeah - maybe because we have so many great builds going on all at once on this site and my memory isn't what it used to be :eek:ops:.

That front end is looking great - you are really moving along. I can't remember if you talked about it before, but are you going to have hood to air cleaner clearance issues? I ended up using a RPM Performer intake on my 440 and am about positive I will be having problems in that area and am not quite sure what I want to use. I only ask because yours looks high in the pic.
Thanks Hunt "Yeah" I don't think my hood would clear if it wasn't for the gaping hole in it, I also have the Performer RPM and a 1" carb spacer but Tallhair is correct "Shaker Hood Scoop". It's hard to believe how quickly we all forget but then again I haven't exactly done anything with the hood in a while so it's my fault. I still need to finish the graphics on the hood, get it on and start making the base and scoop. I'm pretty sure one of my friends was running an RPM intake with a drop base and it barely cleared on his RR.

Sure am glad I have all you guys around when my memory is failing lol. How could anyone forget all the hood scoop drawings? Oh yeah - maybe because we have so many great builds going on all at once on this site and my memory isn't what it used to be :eek:ops:.

X2 brother !

I'm sure 747Mopar has got a BFH that he'll be able to do his "magic" on and make it FIT ! ! ! ( smile ) snicker, snicker . . .

Is there anything he "can't" do ? ? ? ?

What's BFH mean? "sorry" I just recently figured out what all the other ones mean "I'm a little behind on the whole text language". "Is there anything he can't do ? ? ? ? are you kidding me? where do you want to start, if you knew how many things I destroy and screw up in the process you'd be using text language more like WTF haha. Thanks 67, always appreciate the compliments.

That makes two of us, but I never did have much of a memory. I agree there are allot of great builds going on around here "hard to keep up to date on all of them".

- - - Updated - - -

BFH - Big Fuc%#in Hammer

:)

Dammit "why didn't that register" we say that all the time at work "BFH" Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

- - - Updated - - -

"Alrighty" I have a question for you Hunt and Speedy or anyone else that might know (sorry I should have taken a pic) I'm wanting to start putting the weatherstripping in but there is one area that just doesn't look right. The area on the top side of the side window opening all the way at the rear (quarter window) where the metal in spot welded in layers "seams like there should be something protective done there but don't remember there being anything on it originally". Any good links for putting all the weatherstripping in?????????.

Wow 7, you're Charger really is coming along great! I love that turn signal lever, it's really cool. Now I want one lol.

Wow 7, you're Charger really is coming along great! I love that turn signal lever, it's really cool. Now I want one lol.

Where have been 61????? Thanks and glad you like it.

I think this is the area you are talking about? I just put this trim on the Charger and thought there should be something else in that area also. But there isn't. The gap widens at the back above the quarter window to clear the trim on top of the quarter. The black on the Charger doesn't show it to well so here is one of my 69 RR also - it is the same setup.

PC280127.jpgPC280125.jpg

wow miss some time on this build haven't been on much ,wow this is coming along real good, very nice job there

Major, Major progress coming Thursday "I'M GETTING MY WINDSHIELD PUT IN". I know it's not that major but to me it's huge "I've never seen it with a window" and this is what makes it truly driveable now not to mention I won't have to clean the interior all the time. Here's the best part $173.00, I asked how much to have it installed and he said that is installed "holy crap get down here and put it in". I might try and talk them into installing the rear as well "dammit, I have to hurry up and order the trim clips". I'm really getting excited now.:pink banana:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Hunt, that's the area I was talking about. I remember it had some surface rust in there but not much so it must be fairly protected "I'll likely coat it real good with some bedliner before the install". Thanks, your car is looking great

- - - Updated - - -

Another question, my windshield was out when I bought it so I know nothing about it but after buying a new gasket I noticed it has a groove around the face of it, is there a locking strip that goes into it??

before the upper stainless roof rail gets screwed on,there are some places that get putty,1. at the very back 2.where the 1/4 & roof rail meet,,3 in the corner where it goes down the a pillar.

- - - Updated - - -

also no glue on the upper weather strip except,at the very front bottom where it is the body, the lower windshield trim should be put on 1st so you can screww the clips & the that where you glue the upper weather strip. clear as mud lol

I think I follow, they provided some instructions but I haven't went threw them yet. No glue in weatherstrip channel but glued to body. Not quite following you on the windshield trim but I remember seeing what your saying about sealing the channel in the corners in my manual. Thanks

Holy cow 747Mopar . . . take a day to work on my project and all kinds of things are getting done on your car ! ! ! GREAT NEWS ! ! !

Love all the progress - looking forward to seeing it with the windshield installed - that's a great step forward ! ! !

Keep up the great work ! !

6002242-3-1.jpg

these clips are for the lower windshield chrome,they clip under the weather strip & attach with a screw

6002242-3-1.jpg

these clips are for the lower windshield chrome,they clip under the weather strip & attach with a screw
I didn't want to hear that, I've never saw those before and don't have them. I ordered the trim clips but didn't see anything like that in the pic, any pics of where they go and what they do?????

I didn't want to hear that, I've never saw those before and don't have them. I ordered the trim clips but didn't see anything like that in the pic, any pics of where they go and what they do?????

Believe it or not . . . I've got a couple trim clips like that so I can show you "how" they work, but not where they go on your car . . . actually - it might be very similar . . .

Here's the clip and how it works with the trim . . .

sm_trimclip.jpg

I can get you more pictures if you need them - give me a shout and I'll show you how they went on my car . . .

The flat "blade" part of the clip slides up inside the trim piece, and then you put the screw int he hole to hole the edge of the trim in place.

you wont need these for the windshield install,they go on the lower chrome,i am trying to find you some pictures.

Auto Transport Service
Back