• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Man H2E's right .. there are lot of cars coming together quick like. Looking forward to hearing them all rumble

Thanks for the links, just finished reading them and have a better idea now "looks like saving a few bucks may not be a good idea". Especially interested in the H1's in place of the H4's for the low beams. More research

I did buy the new grill trim and am glad I waited, they were close to $400.00 when I first started looking this one was $290.00. I still have the I piece but it's pretty rough, I can take some pics if you want. Wills thread does make it tempting but in the end I like the lighting just fine in all of my daily drivers so why not just stick to what I'm happy with and save the money for wheels. I'll hopefully be tackling that in the not so distant future "hopefully within a month". The wife told me to order the windshield today for a Christmas gift so the list is really getting short but so is the amount of time till Spring and I won't be denied again "knock on wood" haha.

Wow that's a good deal for the full set! And yeah some pics of your old one would be awesome if you could email em to me, my address is [email protected] Mine was really beat too, got 90% of it perfectly straight then at the very last spot I sanded through :banghead:

Yeah that'll be the smart way to go prioritizing the budget for sure, and definitely feels good to get those big ticket items out of the way! How much was your windshield if you don't mind me asking? I called this local glass shop in my area that my resto friend Mike uses, and they said itd be about $250 installed with me supplying the rubber gasket. Only 170 for the glass itself, sounded like a pretty good deal :shruggy:

O.K I'll get some pics as soon as I can. My windshield was about the same $180.00 I think, I found a new gasket on Ebay for $45.00 too.

O.K I'll get some pics as soon as I can. My windshield was about the same $180.00 I think, I found a new gasket on Ebay for $45.00 too.

Awesome thanks! And you wouldn't happen to have a link for that gasket would you? All the ones I found on there were in the $70-$90 range

Minor progress, I have been holding off on putting the steering wheel back on because my turn signal lever looked like hell so here's the fix. I'm getting really tired of everything on this car needing replaced and tired of the endless pit that my money seams to be going into so I took a 1/2" piece of stainless and a little time on the lathe and made my own. I left the keyed end a little oversized so I can finish fit it with a file "it's pretty close already". Sorry I couldn't resist doing something different "thought a piston would look cool" before you say anything "I know it's missing the oil ring groove but it was to small to fit them all". DSCN8940.jpgDSCN8943.jpgDSCN8944.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome thanks! And you wouldn't happen to have a link for that gasket would you? All the ones I found on there were in the $70-$90 range
Sorry, wish I could help on the gasket but it was somebody who ended up not needing it. Those are the same prices I was getting on them that's why I jumped all over this one "gotta save everywhere you can".

Ok that piston turn signal lever is too cool! Another awesome custom touch 747! This build thread is hands down my favorite just due to the ridiculous amount of skill and innovation displayed!

Sorry I couldn't resist doing something different "thought a piston would look cool" before you say anything "I know it's missing the oil ring groove but it was to small to fit them all".

That is too cool 747Mopar . . . Ok, not I've got to step it up and see what I can do to my ride to customize something . . .

I love your ingenuity ! ! !

Wish I had the shop and all the tools that you've got . . . then things would really start happening ! ! ! ( smile )

Ok that piston turn signal lever is too cool! Another awesome custom touch 747! This build thread is hands down my favorite just due to the ridiculous amount of skill and innovation displayed!
Glad you like it Hyrdgoon and that's a hefty compliment that I really appreciate but in all honesty allot of the things I'm doing are for the shear lack of money to buy them "being broke makes you think of different ways of getting it done" haha. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

That is too cool 747Mopar . . . Ok, not I've got to step it up and see what I can do to my ride to customize something . . .

I love your ingenuity ! ! !

Wish I had the shop and all the tools that you've got . . . then things would really start happening ! ! ! ( smile )

Thanks 67, your already stepping it up with your attention to cleaning it up (smoothing) beyond what I did and all the little details your doing. I can't take all the credit "I'm a little spoiled by a dad that loves tools" we built our garage together and as a result I've got allot of machines and tools to play with. I think there is 3 lathes, 3 milling machines, a huge horizontal boring mill, a huge radial drill etc most of which isn't even hooked up and running yet but that will come.

- - - Updated - - -

That piston on the turn signal so reminds me of American Graffiti .. You go Milner!
I'm going to have to watch that "never seen it".

I'm going to have to watch that "never seen it".

WHAT ??????????????????????????

You are so missing out man please watch it .. not for anything special just because it's a really awesome movie and I really think you will like it

WHAT ??????????????????????????

You are so missing out man please watch it .. not for anything special just because it's a really awesome movie and I really think you will like it

x2!! I'm younger than all you guys so I have an excuse for not seeing it lol but me and my girlfriend just watched it a few months ago for the first time and both loved it, really classic movie!

And +1 to the crowd loving the turn signal lever! Very creative and just another bad@ss little personal touch to add to your car's insane and still growing list of them :icon_thumleft: great idea man!

Cool turn signal arm 747. Are you kidding - you haven't seen American Graffiti? A lot of cool cars and a pile of young stars. A classic for sure. Every time I watch it I always wish it had been based a few years later to showcase our musclecars. Still a must see.

Here a pic of my old I piece Speedy, if you want it it's yours but it's pretty rough. All the damage is right down the center. DSCN8946.jpgDSCN8945.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

What a surprise today, I ordered my grill trim, weatherstrip kit, and other odds and ends Christmas Eve and it all showed up today "now that's service". I must say that I'm very pleased to finally have the grill back in (trim and all) but man is that quite the job just putting all those pieces back together. Tomorrow I'll pick up some weatherstrip adhesive, start on installing it and if the glass shop is open I'll order the windshield "I can smell high octane already". I will gat a better pick when I get it all washed up, the grill is SEM Matte Black and SEM Charcoal to match the rest of the car. DSCN8948.jpg

Oh WOW ! ! ! Now that is looking mighty FINE there 747Mopar ! ! !

So that what the front end of your car is "suppose" to look like ! ( smile ) . . . Very impressive . . . great job ! ! !

Keep this up and you'll have it back on the road before Spring ! ( that would be awesome ! )

That front end is looking great - you are really moving along. I can't remember if you talked about it before, but are you going to have hood to air cleaner clearance issues? I ended up using a RPM Performer intake on my 440 and am about positive I will be having problems in that area and am not quite sure what I want to use. I only ask because yours looks high in the pic.

I think he's working on a custom scoop but can't recall for sure

update: Hood scoops were being discussed back about post #327. Not sure what current / final plan is but would love to hear an update update :)

That front end is looking great - you are really moving along. I can't remember if you talked about it before, but are you going to have hood to air cleaner clearance issues? I ended up using a RPM Performer intake on my 440 and am about positive I will be having problems in that area and am not quite sure what I want to use. I only ask because yours looks high in the pic.

I'm sure 747Mopar has got a BFH that he'll be able to do his "magic" on and make it FIT ! ! ! ( smile ) snicker, snicker . . .

Is there anything he "can't" do ? ? ? ?

Auto Transport Service
Back