• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

the end that you see goes into the lower chrome
DSCN8235_zps37f7e564.jpg

DSCN0381circ_zpse2701e27.gif

Thanks a million CDR, after going to the garage and looking around I remembered seeing those in the door openings of other Mopars and knew exactly what you were talking about. You saved me some big headaches "I was going to install the upper seals today" I think I still can as long as I leave the bottom loose until I get those (the channel stops shy of the holes). Thanks allot for everything "I'll get those coming to". And thanks to you to 67, this forum kicks a$$.

Congrats on the windshield deal and I'd definitely ask him to put the rear one back in .. also kudos to everyone who helped out on the clip suggestions

I am definitely not liking the way the rear quarter seals look (outside felts), there is no way those things are going to seal. Everything about that rear area just screams leaks but from what I've read in the manual it would seam they expected it with the attention to interior seam sealer and damns "what are ya gonna do except coat everything really good". Question, tint the windows or not?? I like tinted windows (not real dark) to keep the interior a little cooler and to protect it from the sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on the windshield deal and I'd definitely ask him to put the rear one back in .. also kudos to everyone who helped out on the clip suggestions

Don't know if I will because they want almost as much to install it as the front is costing, the rear looks really easy anyhow but if he comes down on the cost it's all his.

The tinted look to me is model, style and sometimes colour specific. I like the look of tint on Chargers especially if you're going for the pro-touring look (which you are) but for some reason I can't vision it on my own roadrunner... weird both being b-bodies but for some reason the lines of the car just work better on the charger with tint (if that makes any sense at all??) I still debate doing it though with my car and something else to bare in mind is if you're like me all 4 windows are rolled down 98% of the time so it's really just the rear that would always be seen in tint!

It makes sense "why do I like E bodies in Sassy Green but not B bodies"?? I'm thinking a charcoal color tint.

It makes sense "why do I like E bodies in Sassy Green but not B bodies"?? I'm thinking a charcoal color tint.

Agreed on that as well 747... I wouldn't go too dark with a limo tint or anything but to answer your question a bit more directly I guess "if I had your car I would give it a medium tint"

I'm sure you will get more opinions weighing in on this.

My Pro Street 69 Coronet had the windows tinted and I thought it looked sharp

Oh and one last thing.... it can be removed if you grow to hate it! but I don't think that would be the case

I am definitely not liking the way the rear quarter seals look (outside felts), there is no way those things are going to seal. Everything about that rear area just screams leaks but from what I've read in the manual it would seam they expected it with the attention to interior seam sealer and damns "what are ya gonna do except coat everything really good". Question, tint the windows or not?? I like tinted windows (not real dark) to keep the interior a little cooler and to protect it from the sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know if I will because they want almost as much to install it as the front is costing, the rear looks really easy anyhow but if he comes down on the cost it's all his.

Yes "they" want. Ask the dude how much "he'll" take since he's there and promise "mums the word" :)

Thanks a million CDR, after going to the garage and looking around I remembered seeing those in the door openings of other Mopars and knew exactly what you were talking about. You saved me some big headaches "I was going to install the upper seals today" I think I still can as long as I leave the bottom loose until I get those (the channel stops shy of the holes). Thanks allot for everything "I'll get those coming to". And thanks to you to 67, this forum kicks a$$.

Just don't laugh when it comes time for me to put mine back together and I ask for the same help ! ! ( smile ) . . . ( sigh )

Hey just wanted to give the readers of my thread first dibs on any electrical connectors before I scrap two harnesses. One is out of a 68 RR and the other out of my car, I used the tail light sockets out of mine and will need the parking light sockets as well but other than that they should be fairly complete. I figure someone may need a fuse block, or a connector for the bulkhead, voltage reg, etc "let me know, I don't want anything for them".

On a Charger, especially with it being orange, tint the windows! It will look Bitchin! :headbang:

The little ones hung out in the garage for several hours today and never even complained, my daughter even screwed the weatherstrip channel in for me. She's got good taste at a young age "check out the shirt she picked out at the Nats" good day for sure. DSCN8950.jpgDSCN8952.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

On a Charger, especially with it being orange, tint the windows! It will look Bitchin! :headbang:
I'm leaning that way right now.

Hey 747, i'll take the one from the 68 RR. Mine on my 69 RR are kinda brittle. They should be the same.

The little ones hung out in the garage for several hours today and never even complained, my daughter even screwed the weatherstrip channel in for me. She's got good taste at a young age "check out the shirt she picked out at the Nats" good day for sure.

Looks like you trained your kids real good and I'll bet that the first word you taught your daughter to say was "MOPAR" :hello2:

Hey 747, i'll take the one from the 68 RR. Mine on my 69 RR are kinda brittle. They should be the same.

I'll take a look at it and see what kind of shape it's in and get back to you (been a while since I looked at it). I was figuring on just getting some decent parts off of them but if the whole thing is good it's yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like you trained your kids real good and I'll bet that the first word you taught your daughter to say was "MOPAR" :hello2:
Sure thing, she believes if it's not a Mopar "it's a slow car" at least that's what she says haha.

- - - Updated - - -

You bet Tallhair, always makes me happy when they volunteer they're help because I know when it's on the road they'll feel a little bit of accomplishment for themselves as well.

Hi 7, I'll take the wiring harnesses, or I should say, whatever Roger doesn't want I'll take.

Damn how did I get this far behind in only a couple days? Must have been crawling around in my Charger longer than I thought haha

Glad you got the help with the weatherstripping, honestly I wouldve just told you to ask CDR anyway lol! He's an encyclopedia on all that stuff! (Prepare to be bombarded with questions when I get to that point Charlie) :icon_thumleft:

+1 to the vote for a light/medium tint! Think it'd look bitchin with your orange, and that front end is looking awesome!

And it's hard to tell from your pics of the I trim but I think it'd be worth a shot! Let me know how you want to send it and the price and everything, and thanks again for helping me out with it! Might finally be able to get my grille done now haha

Hey 747! Have you been in the sun much? Is it just me or are you looking more Golden??

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like so far the votes are FOR the tint! Any closer to final decision on wheels yet? I love the set that you have as the frontrunner!

Auto Transport Service
Back