• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

this is a friend of mines car, Troy,wheel is similar to your picture & car is orange.

432116_10200119163123467_1314081546_n.jpg

"I'm digging it" cool car. I've been looking at nascar style wheels for a while but no luck on bigger sizes but then again maybe with this style smaller would look better. "just thinking"

Yes a company Called Stockton wheel custom makes steel wheels and they call that one the datona i believe. They were really reasonable and very good quality and can either do them in plain steel or powder coat them for you. I had a custom offset made for my jeep and they were very nice i would think they could do 18 i know i have seen 17". Great progress on the car it is looking awsome.

Please don't call me crazey but I really like these steel wheels as well "think they would look killer on the Charger". Does anyone know of a company that makes them in an 18" wheel?? Just thinkingView attachment 161966

Just my opinion but I'm not a big fan of this for the type of restomod you seem to be building... having a spare set of 15" steelies and rubber would be awesome to have just to change the look every now and then but I'm still all for your original rim choice.

Haha, I knew someone wouldn't like it but I can't help but keep noticing and liking cars with this look. I really don't like the new black wheel trend (can't even see the wheels) but when done with steal wheels it doesn't bother me "I guess because they're not expensive and you don't feel like you should see them". Anyways, I'm still stuck on the Ramblers but fear I might not be able to pull $2,600 out of my a$$ anytime soon so I'm looking into the options besides I think it's crazy to spend that much on wheels. As much as I like the Boss wheels I'm trying to stay away from anything that resembles a Torque Thrust only because 80% of the cars I see have them "popular". I really hope I find the magic wheel because I've been looking at them for years.:moparts ghost:

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't anybody that has that style take that as an insult, they are popular for a reason and I really like them "just don't want to blend it".

Haha, I knew someone wouldn't like it but I can't help but keep noticing and liking cars with this look. I really don't like the new black wheel trend (can't even see the wheels) but when done with steal wheels it doesn't bother me "I guess because they're not expensive and you don't feel like you should see them". Anyways, I'm still stuck on the Ramblers but fear I might not be able to pull $2,600 out of my a$$ anytime soon so I'm looking into the options besides I think it's crazy to spend that much on wheels. As much as I like the Boss wheels I'm trying to stay away from anything that resembles a Torque Thrust only because 80% of the cars I see have them "popular". I really hope I find the magic wheel because I've been looking at them for years.:moparts ghost:

- - - Updated - - -

Please don't anybody that has that style take that as an insult, they are popular for a reason and I really like them "just don't want to blend it".

Don't get me wrong I like the look of steelies.... they usually just look baddass... same way I feel about dog dish or cop wheels but the rims and rubber are such an important aspect of the overall appearance of the car and from the overall appearance I believe you are going for I think we share a lot of the same taste... I would look at finding a cheap set of steelies in rubber to put on and hold yourself over till you find "the magic set" if that is the case. And this is just my opinion so no offense taken if you don't agree but I think oversized (17 or 18" steels) would cost you more than they are worth and would leave you wanting a different look quickly.

You know I like the black steels brother and they are much cheaper than other types. I've been running black cop wheels and chrome lugs since the late 80's. When funds allow I'm seriously thinking about the wheels the goon runs, but I have two cars so one will definitely have a set of black steels for quite a while at least..

I think we do share the same taste and that might be an option. I guess it all depends on whether or not my wife uses the whole income tax return and whether or not I get a side job I'm waiting on.

Hm seems like you're at a crossroads on wheels, either spend some decent money on some bigger black wheels or buy a cheap set of steelies and hold out to save even more money for the ramblers :shruggy: not sure about 18's but I know cragar makes similar wheels in 17", either the D Window or Soft 8's. I actually wanted 17" soft 8's for my Chevelle.

And +1 to the crowd for black mopar steelies/ cop wheels, definitely picking up a set for my Charger sometime soon. Just looks "no-frills, all-business, mean as hell" haha :icon_thumleft:

1236475_584093548313445_1557133435_n.jpg

Yes sir it is, gotta have the white letters to go with the black wheels. Very nice

- - - Updated - - -

Hm seems like you're at a crossroads on wheels, either spend some decent money on some bigger black wheels or buy a cheap set of steelies and hold out to save even more money for the ramblers :shruggy: not sure about 18's but I know cragar makes similar wheels in 17", either the D Window or Soft 8's. I actually wanted 17" soft 8's for my Chevelle.

And +1 to the crowd for black mopar steelies/ cop wheels, definitely picking up a set for my Charger sometime soon. Just looks "no-frills, all-business, mean as hell" haha :icon_thumleft:

View attachment 162036

I checked "nope" 17" is it but I don't think I'd go that big with steel wheels anyhow. I seriously doubt I go this route "just looking". I can tell you that I'd be buying the American Racing 427 Cobra wheels for sure if they weren't such an iconic Ford wheel, I love everything about them and they are allot more reasonably priced "dammit". It really is getting close to crunch time with allot of the custom wheels taking up to 8 weeks to get.

Yes sir it is, gotta have the white letters to go with the black wheels. Very nice

- - - Updated - - -

I checked "nope" 17" is it but I don't think I'd go that big with steel wheels anyhow. I seriously doubt I go this route "just looking". I can tell you that I'd be buying the American Racing 427 Cobra wheels for sure if they weren't such an iconic Ford wheel, I love everything about them and they are allot more reasonably priced "dammit". It really is getting close to crunch time with allot of the custom wheels taking up to 8 weeks to get.

x2! Your Coronet is gorgeous Brian :icon_thumleft:

Yeah wheel choice is a pretty hard decision especially with the prices, but I say if you like the Cobras just go for em! I won't knock ya, go with whatever your gut tells you :)

Saw a guy at a show that had NASCAR wheels, down to the yellow lug nuts, but had them powder coated aluminum . . . I thought they were aluminum wheels

Looked really NICE ! ! I'm sure Leanna could hook you up with that if you need it ! ! !

Agreed those nascar wheels would look sweet, I was going to put those on mine originally

Great contrast picture Goon.

I agree with 747 .. definitely looks better with RWL or RYL on black rims

I have the RPM intake on my 68 and am using the stock air cleaner. Get yourself a 'Ford Racing' air cleaner (I know, stop the insanity) Chuck the top plate and use the drop bottom. Its the correct diameter! I did end up taking the hood liner. It clears with an inch to spare.....

Another question, I was looking at the front window trim (interior) trying to figure out how it bolts in. There are holes (not screw holes, big holes) in the right locations above the window but they are in the face of the window opening instead of the area pointing down "how does it fasten in"? I really wish I was the one who tore it all apart.

- - - Updated - - -

This might be my last weekend to get something done in a while, the upholstery shop is dropping the Duster off Sunday for me to started on. I have to remove the front inner fenders, core support, and rear quarter from two cars, take off the donor and transplant onto his old cruiser. I asked for the job because I really didn't like all the nickel and dime side jobs to pay off the interior work "one big lumpsome" he has agreed to a full interior for the job. So I'll be getting my leather shifter boot, center console lid, headliner, package tray, door panels, rear panels, the trunk and finish paying off seats.:headbang:

i need a picture of what you are looking at,there are some clips that hold the head liner & the upper trim screws into ?

Auto Transport Service
Back