• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Hey 747! Have you been in the sun much? Is it just me or are you looking more Golden??

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like so far the votes are FOR the tint! Any closer to final decision on wheels yet? I love the set that you have as the frontrunner!

"You gotta be kidding me" I never even noticed until you said something "I've been upgraded by the bandit". I guess this means I get the special VIP treatment and all the good stuff now or does it mean I'm being watched more closely????????? "Sweet" not sure what I did to deserve it seeing how I've probably ticked a few off here and there in the Political forum but I'm grateful just the same. All right now "who did it"???????????

- - - Updated - - -

Looks that way, time to start shopping around for tint "it's a go".

- - - Updated - - -

Damn how did I get this far behind in only a couple days? Must have been crawling around in my Charger longer than I thought haha

Glad you got the help with the weatherstripping, honestly I wouldve just told you to ask CDR anyway lol! He's an encyclopedia on all that stuff! (Prepare to be bombarded with questions when I get to that point Charlie) :icon_thumleft:

+1 to the vote for a light/medium tint! Think it'd look bitchin with your orange, and that front end is looking awesome!

And it's hard to tell from your pics of the I trim but I think it'd be worth a shot! Let me know how you want to send it and the price and everything, and thanks again for helping me out with it! Might finally be able to get my grille done now haha

I think you might have passed out in your car from all the paint fumes but your here now. "Yeap" CDR seams to be a good source for info and I need it "Thanks again CDR". I'm going to go pic up some tint soon and get all of the windows done before I put them in so we'll see real soon what it will look like. P.M me your address and I'll get it shipped out "shouldn't cost more than a couple bucks".

Well so far I've figured you get the political forum, a window decal, and a bunch of nudie pics! I heard something about a free toaster too but mine hasn't showed up yet.. :shruggy:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, congrats man!

"You gotta be kidding me" I never even noticed until you said something "I've been upgraded by the bandit". I guess this means I get the special VIP treatment and all the good stuff now or does it mean I'm being watched more closely????????? "Sweet" not sure what I did to deserve it seeing how I've probably ticked a few off here and there in the Political forum but I'm grateful just the same. All right now "who did it"???????????

- - - Updated - - -

Looks that way, time to start shopping around for tint "it's a go".

- - - Updated - - -

I think you might have passed out in your car from all the paint fumes but your here now. "Yeap" CDR seams to be a good source for info and I need it "Thanks again CDR". I'm going to go pic up some tint soon and get all of the windows done before I put them in so we'll see real soon what it will look like. P.M me your address and I'll get it shipped out "shouldn't cost more than a couple bucks".

Congrats Brother!

Well deserved this thread is going to keep helping and entertaining a lot of people for years to come I'm sure of it!

You've got me really thinking about a lighter tint on my car again too now! UGGGHHHH DECISIONS DECISIONS!!

Congratulations and i agree with Speedy and the Goon (sounds like an 80's TV show with Jeff Goldblum LOL).. it couldn't happen to a nicer guy

"Hey" I've got a little idea that might be pretty fun. Not every post but after a good nights work on you Mopar (maybe a weekend night) why don't we post the song of the night "you know" that song that kicks you in the pants and gets you moving. I think it would be cool to hear what everyone's listening to but I warn you I like Rock everywhere from The Rascals all the way up to Disturbed so you never know what you'll hear. What do ya think. Here's what's been getting me going lately (a little on the heavy side).[video=youtube_share;DelhLppPSxY]http://youtu.be/DelhLppPSxY[/video] Not a fan of all the evil looking stuff but the song just rocks.

Yes "they" want. Ask the dude how much "he'll" take since he's there and promise "mums the word" :)

Incidentally I had to have my son's windshield replaced yesterday while I was at work so I told my wife to ask him if he does any work on the side. Turns out he does and he's into Mopars and was very happy to see the R/T. Says his buddy has a bunch of Mopars so I'll give him a call and see what they have. Apparently his buddy has a lot of parts too.

I'll bet folks in the windshield replacement trade come across a lot of folks with parts and projects since they go to peoples houses a lot to do this work..

Hey Devin, Since posting pics in a pm is to much of a challenge for me - here is a shot of the backing plate for the reverse lts. you were asking about.

P1070178.jpgP1070177.jpg

Thanks allot Hunt, I knew something just didn't seam right "that looks way better". I'm getting sick of being nickel and dimed to death on these little parts so I'll just make a set "now I know what I'm missing". I guess while I'm hear I'll update you guys, windshield not installed. The trim clips even thou they were ordered from within Ohio still didn't make it on time so it's going in tomorrow "yes, the clips are all in now". After pricing chrome plating for the vent windows ($275.00 ea) I've elected to paint them. I've already blasted them (my junk set) primed them with epoxy primer, then primed to fill pits, sanded smooth and painted them chrome "if you want to call it that". They actually look really good and match the satin look of the brushed stainless but won't know until I clear them "so far so good". Also wired up the Dixie horn and got it working haha "I love it" sorry I had to have one and know allot of you guys hate the General but me like it. Found my missing rear window trim right hear on FBBO so that was sweet. The window tint will have to wait, I bought the good stuff ($12.00 a roll) and "tried" to do it last weekend "no go". No matter how much I cleaned it I kept getting specks in it like it was being laid over dirt so I'll take it to a pro later "throwing $24.00 in the fire is enough to just pi$$ me off". On a good note I'm 2 months without a rub and 2 weeks without a smoke and hating it but I pinky promised my baby girl so that's that.

Best of luck on kicking the old habit's...Sounds like you made a pretty serious accord with the little one, so props on holding up to your end of the bargain. Looking forward to see how those window vents turned out for you. I know it was quite a gut shot when I got mine re-chromed.

Best of luck on kicking the old habit's...Sounds like you made a pretty serious accord with the little one, so props on holding up to your end of the bargain. Looking forward to see how those window vents turned out for you. I know it was quite a gut shot when I got mine re-chromed.

I kept my good set for down the road incase I decide to get them done but with the clock ticking I can't afford everything and be able to drive it by Spring. "Yeap" I plan on sticking to my promise "no more eating dirt or smoking smoke sticks as she calls it" haha. Now I'm eating sunflower seeds instead.

Good for you guys! You'll be so much better off health-wise in the future, smoke tires not cigarettes lol

- - - Updated - - -

And x2 for looking forward to seeing the vent windows, sounds like a pretty cool alternative to rechroming even if it's just for the time being

Congrats on quitting 747 and I wish you a success !! I'm a smoker so I know it's not easy

Best wishes and good luck to you cdr !!!

You were right Tallhair "he installed the rear as well for half the price $60.00 cash". I first ordered the trim clip kit thinking it was a kit (everything in it) and then turned around and had to order the window support clips separate and had them 2 day aired "they didn't show". I told the installer I was going to see about having the rear installed as well if the clips had showed up, that's when he said I didn't need them and that he always uses rubber spacers and urethane anyways "sweet". Anyways, he said they (his company) over charges for installing the rears and did it for half "of coarse I helped as much as I could". I now have a front and rear window for the first time ever now I'm hell bent on getting the rest in so I can get this thing buffed (it's wet sanded already that's why it's not shining in the pics). Check out my boy, he fell asleep in the driver seat while the windows were being installed haha "cute little guy". Thanks again CDR for all the measurements and help with the rear window. I posted a pic of how he spaced the rear window and after watching I'm kinda glad I let him have it "did a great job". One other thing I didn't expect was a tinted front windshield but I like it. After having the whole roof chopped off of it it felt good to see the windows fit so nicely in the end "a good day for sure". DSCN8971.jpgDSCN8970.jpgDSCN8969.jpgDSCN8968.jpg

Excellent! I'm glad it worked out and you are just that much closer to blasting down the road with the kiddos !!!

Awesome!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

THE PICTURE of your son is PRICELESS

Cute little Mopar guy you got there 7. CDR you're right that pic is priceless. :)

Please don't call me crazey but I really like these steel wheels as well "think they would look killer on the Charger". Does anyone know of a company that makes them in an 18" wheel?? Just thinkingBlkDaytona_1024x1024.jpg

this is a friend of mines car, Troy,wheel is similar to your picture & car is orange.

432116_10200119163123467_1314081546_n.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back