• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Great news 747Mopar . . . gotta be a great feeling to be done ordering window parts ! ! ! The car is coming together very nicely ! ! !

Let me know if I need to send you more sunflower seeds - I'll be happy to pitch in for your kick the habit goal ! !

Haha, I think I got it covered. It's going better than expected to be honest but thanks for the offer.

- - - Updated - - -

thanx for the poison !!!!!!

havent listen to this in YEARS :)

- - - Updated - - -

GOOD on the no smoke or worm dirt,i am also still smoke free.

Glad you liked it and kudos to you for not falling off the horse as well. Ah, I sure do miss my dirt haha, actually surprisingly I don't miss it at all. Take care Charlie

- - - Updated - - -

I have to admit im one who raised cain in the 70's, but it did lead into the 80's lol.. Good tune and good luck with the Glass seals, it looks like you wont take a complete beating with 25% off!

You raising cain????????? I don't believe it "not Ron".

Work on the Duster has started, after measuring the "unwrecked" Duster it turns out the one I'm fixing is pretty straight. I pealed the whole front end off and opened up the rear quarter so he could come and have a look and decide what he wanted to do. Look at the pic of the lower quarter behind the door, that's plastic used to hold the putty while filling the rust holes hanging down "gotta love enginuity". It's turning out to be a little more than expected, quarters, tail light panel, inner rockers repairs, the whole front end and a bunch of patching from it's years of drag racing. It's actually a pretty solid car to be honest and I would save it for sure if it were mine. The good news is he said if he has to pay some money on top of the interior he will "he wants it right" so here's my question, what's a fair price to charge an hour? DSCN9000.jpgDSCN8999.jpgDSCN8998.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I think this might be my new buddy "Duke" (my daughter named him. Him and his sister has been hanging around for a couple weeks now and I've grown to really like the dog "very gentle and loving dog". We've called the dog pound, police and put the word out with no luck and they don't have tags, the pound says they only keep them for a while before putting them down:angry1:. We've been talking about getting another since out Rott is 10 years old now so unless someone shows up we're finding a home for the female and keeping Duke.:clap: DSCN8992.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my song for the week "probably my favorite song ever", been listening to allot of 80's rock lately.[video=youtube_share;jaiaaar88EM]http://youtu.be/jaiaaar88EM[/video]

Duke's a handsome fella and kudos to you for taking into consideration giving him a new home and finding a place for his sister. From one dog lover to another that's an awesome thing you're doing!

as far as what to charge.... I'm assuming you have a pretty good relationship with this person considering the trade-off you guys worked out.... I would find out the going rate at bodyshops and charge 60-70% of that.

cant have The Duke hanging on his side for ever DSCN8992[1].jpg

Thanks Snakeyes, I can never figure out how to fix it. It's rotated correctly until I put it on here and then it's crooked again.:angryfire:

- - - Updated - - -

Duke's a handsome fella and kudos to you for taking into consideration giving him a new home and finding a place for his sister. From one dog lover to another that's an awesome thing you're doing!

as far as what to charge.... I'm assuming you have a pretty good relationship with this person considering the trade-off you guys worked out.... I would find out the going rate at bodyshops and charge 60-70% of that.
I really don't know what to call the relationship other than a couple Mopar guys that have uses for one another's talents. He's charging me his normal price but trading it for work if that makes any sense so I don't really feel that I need to cut him any slack either "just wanna be fair".

Wow, Duke is very handsome. Amazing how they all look so much alike. I had one named Sam that looked exactly like him. Wish I lived closer to you, I would probably take the female off your hands. I'm still not over loosing my Sissy, don't think I ever will be. You can't beat Labs, best dogs in every way! JMO, since I've had so many. Put an add on petfinder.com for the female, someone will take her, I guarantee.

Hey 747Mopar . . . I know exactly how it works . . . Duke looks at you with those eyes, and it melts your heart, and then you're hooked . . . he's a great looking lab !

I don't think I would have been able to turn him away either - looks like he's found his "forever home" . . . good job ! He's in good hands ! ! !

My only problem is I would probably keep the sister too! lol

If that's the case with the rates 747 then just call around and get an average of the going shop rate and charge him that or a little bit less

What if you charge him the same hourly rate that he is charging you?

This could be a good option imo! Kindof a straight-across trade? :shruggy:

And Duke's a cool lookin pooch :grin: glad he found such a good new home! Now you'll have some extra help onhand while you're working on the Dusters (is he too old to teach how to open the fridge and bring you a drink?)

if it where me I`d keep them together if possible , last year after seeing my wife start to go in depression with here cancer and after losing our Chesapeake Bay Retriever to cancer I got up off my *** and was looking for a breeder that had pups, found one that had two left , a brother and sister down on the Ohio river called her up and told her to hold the female and that I was coming down, on the morning of our anniversary took off never said a word to her ,when I got there got to see both I wanted to take the pair to keep them together but for some reason I only took the female got home around midnight and hers my wife coming out to see what I brought home never seen her so happy ,now she's out of the dam chair walking every day with the dog and goes to these pack walks at the park ,she seems to be very happy now still has her problems with her cancer but she is going for her treatments ,so far so good ,wish I got her brother she would of also had a play mate ,oh well sorry for the hi jack

if it where me I`d keep them together if possible , last year after seeing my wife start to go in depression with here cancer and after losing our Chesapeake Bay Retriever to cancer I got up off my *** and was looking for a breeder that had pups, found one that had two left , a brother and sister down on the Ohio river called her up and told her to hold the female and that I was coming down, on the morning of our anniversary took off never said a word to her ,when I got there got to see both I wanted to take the pair to keep them together but for some reason I only took the female got home around midnight and hers my wife coming out to see what I brought home never seen her so happy ,now she's out of the dam chair walking every day with the dog and goes to these pack walks at the park ,she seems to be very happy now still has her problems with her cancer but she is going for her treatments ,so far so good ,wish I got her brother she would of also had a play mate ,oh well sorry for the hi jack

You are one hell of a good guy snakeyes, that was a really nice positive story to read and start my day with, and thank you for sharing it. Sending my best wishes your way for your wife's health and your family's happiness together. Enjoy every minute, that's what life's about! :)

thanks , it will be forty two years soon ,the first years of our marriage where tuff for her I was a tyrant ,just home from nam and she's was just graduating from high school ,I was just scrambled ,it took awhile and she hung in there ,glad she did .

Sorry for hijacking 747, but I just want to say I hope in 40 years' time I'm half the man you guys are. Thank you for your service snakeyes and for all the positive contributions here on the forum, good example of why it's such a great place to be!

No need for Hijacking apology's here Speedy. That is one hell of a story Snakeyes, glad to hear she's doing better. Like Speedy I thank you guys for your service and hate the fact that you guys were treated the way you were "damn hippies" you got my respect. I've got a few Vietnam vets in the family and know the problems some of them had "kudos for her sticking it out" she sounds pretty special. As for keeping both it's already to late but I didn't have much of a choice "my Rott hated the female", We found a lady that wanted the Female so she's in good hands. Thanks for all of the comments "he's a pretty good ol boy".

- - - Updated - - -

Hey 747Mopar . . . I know exactly how it works . . . Duke looks at you with those eyes, and it melts your heart, and then you're hooked . . . he's a great looking lab !

I don't think I would have been able to turn him away either - looks like he's found his "forever home" . . . good job ! He's in good hands ! ! !

"Yeap" I'm pretty soft when it comes to big cuddly dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea "one problem" he charges by the job, $400.00 a seat etc.

Thats a warm story and good for you, really sounds like you know how to help, to make things better in miserable times. I pray things get good and right for you and her, Sometimes we cant fix things then there's ones who take control and make them right as rain. Good men are rare, im glad to be on a forum full of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea "one problem" he charges by the job, $400.00 a seat etc.

Guess that wont work then. I would still ask him what he figures he likes to make per hour. You are both doing sort of comparable work. I mean its not like one of you is a attorney and the other mows grass for a living.

I know the guy that does mechanical work for me charges $40/hr and he does pretty good in the small town he works in. I do get about half off that cause I helped his son a couple times. So I wouldn't think you'd be too off with $40-$50/hr. That's just my 0.02.

I know the guy that does mechanical work for me charges $40/hr and he does pretty good in the small town he works in. I do get about half off that cause I helped his son a couple times. So I wouldn't think you'd be too off with $40-$50/hr. That's just my 0.02.
Thanks RR, maybe that's why I don't ever make any money "I don't charge enough". $40.00-$50.00 an hour would be a significant raise from what I usually charge but then again I'm usually more worried about them being happy then making a bunch of money. Good news is he decided to go with full quarters so that makes it really easy on me. I also asked about the time frame since this is turning out to be more than I really bargained for and I really want to get mine done before spring, fortunately for me he's in no hurry and said to take my time. I'll get the front clip off of the donor tomorrow night and get that car out of my way, maybe even get it back on before the end of the weak so I can get back to work on mine.:headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back