• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Thanks RR, maybe that's why I don't ever make any money "I don't charge enough". $40.00-$50.00 an hour would be a significant raise from what I usually charge but then again I'm usually more worried about them being happy then making a bunch of money. Good news is he decided to go with full quarters so that makes it really easy on me. I also asked about the time frame since this is turning out to be more than I really bargained for and I really want to get mine done before spring, fortunately for me he's in no hurry and said to take my time. I'll get the front clip off of the donor tomorrow night and get that car out of my way, maybe even get it back on before the end of the weak so I can get back to work on mine.:headbang:

That's what I wanted to hear 747, last sentence, .. but you gotta do what you gotta do. Although you should get paid appropriately for what you do, first sentance

I admit I've been a bit depressed watching all of the progress around here and I keep getting set back by side jobs. Then there's the wife really taking the wind out of my sails with her non stop battering of the car as well "watta ya gonna do"? She's a great girl just hates my car with a passion "really thinking about taking the passenger seat out of it" haha. She'll either "get it" when it's done or I'll just enjoy it with the kids.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. you guys are my moral support "thanks a million for giving me someone to share it with".

Strength in numbers! We love these cars, love working on them,
and we love helping others like us that love em!:love9:
I'm kinda in a lull myself right now on my car due to too much real job work and cold weather (waiting to sand-blast).

I admit I've been a bit depressed watching all of the progress around here and I keep getting set back by side jobs. Then there's the wife really taking the wind out of my sails with her non stop battering of the car as well "watta ya gonna do"? She's a great girl just hates my car with a passion "really thinking about taking the passenger seat out of it" haha. She'll either "get it" when it's done or I'll just enjoy it with the kids.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. you guys are my moral support "thanks a million for giving me someone to share it with".

Works both way too 747Mopar . . . your kind words and words of encouragement help to keep us all on track too ! ! Thanks . . . ( smile )

And the fact that we're going to have these awesome cars to drive when we're all done with the journey !

- - - Updated - - -

When you get thru with the car take her out to the biggest parking lot in town when nobody is there and let her do burnouts and donuts.
:3gears: That'll do it..:steering:

When you get thru with the car take her out to the biggest parking lot in town when nobody is there and let her do burnouts and donuts.
:3gears: That'll do it..:steering:
Honestly she would tell me how immature I was if I did that but the kids will enjoy it I'm sure. I was thinking something all together different about the empty parking lot to be honest but that probably wouldn't happen either haha.:love3::downtown:

Honestly she would tell me how immature I was if I did that but the kids will enjoy it I'm sure. I was thinking something all together different about the empty parking lot to be honest but that probably wouldn't happen either haha.:love3::downtown:

What ? ! ? You'd find a spot up close and not have to fight for it ? ? ? ( SMILE )

Don't feel bad on the lulls in progress guys, must be the miserable January climate cause all I've gotten done this week is figure out my fuel line routing, ran plug wires, and got my valve covers bolted on, pcv holes cut, etc. Sounds like we've all had a slow week, except Joel lol
:eek:ccasion14:

Bummer your other half is giving you a hard time about the car, I thought girls were supposed to love Chargers? Lol and yep at least we all have the motivation from each other!

747.. Little note from Maine where it's been about 0 degrees with wind chills well below -10! I've had to add extra heat to the garage to work on mine. Not to mention kick Mr. Murphy right in the hind end! (Of Murphy's law fame) he won't leave the garage. It's hard up here to get fired up to go out and work on on it too. Hang in there! That's why we love these cars and all the business that comes with them! My wife says I love the car more than her. You know, I hate it when she is right! Lol just kidding... Close though! These forums are an awesome place because people that you never met before are so willing to help in anyway possible. My last thought... God man don't let her take the backseat! Just in case!!
:grin:

Don't feel bad on the lulls in progress guys, must be the miserable January climate cause all I've gotten done this week is figure out my fuel line routing, ran plug wires, and got my valve covers bolted on, pcv holes cut, etc. Sounds like we've all had a slow week, except Joel lol
:eek:ccasion14:

Really? I feel like mine is moving in slow motion too. All I have managed to get done this week is get headers installed. On a side note Speedy, did you buy some kind of special brackets to hold the wiring running down the passenger side valve cover that match your plug wire holders?

not much done on mine & i do understand the wife hating the car, & thanx to all for the encouragement !!! it helps.

Really? I feel like mine is moving in slow motion too. All I have managed to get done this week is get headers installed. On a side note Speedy, did you buy some kind of special brackets to hold the wiring running down the passenger side valve cover that match your plug wire holders?

Ok scratch that, I guess we are all in the same boat lol. But hey look at the bright side,
hallelujah it's the weekend!

So back under the car it is! Can I get a "amen"?! :eek:ccasion14:

And nope I was actually just thinking about that yesterday though, I think I'm just going to try and tuck it in clean behind the #8 cylinder wire all the way down, maybe use some zip ties if I need to. Cleanest way I can think to do it right now :shruggy:

So 747........How you feeling about A Bodies vs. B-bodies as far as construction, design and quality of parts?
"Well" all I've done so far is remove the front end which I didn't like as well as the B bodies, shock tower and inner fenders are quite different (not as one like the b body). By the end of the weekend I'll have it all opened up and the front end back together "I'll tell you then". For me I just don't like small cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok scratch that, I guess we are all in the same boat lol. But hey look at the bright side,

And nope I was actually just thinking about that yesterday though, I think I'm just going to try and tuck it in clean behind the #8 cylinder wire all the way down, maybe use some zip ties if I need to. Cleanest way I can think to do it right now :shruggy:

"Hell yeah" not only is it the weekend but we are back on 45's at work :pimp_daddy: that means instead of still being at work (freezing outside) I'm here yapping at you before I head to the garage. It only feels like everyone is getting so much done because I'm getting ZERO done :tantrum:. Oh well, when Spring starts to approach I'll unleash an all out assault on it :buffer:.

- - - Updated - - -

not much done on mine & i do understand the wife hating the car, & thanx to all for the encouragement !!! it helps.

Not you too!!!

1609885_10203005645131506_622917380_n.jpg

That is awesome bigblock LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

- - - Updated - - -

AMEN brother SPEEDFREAK !!!

Can I get a Hellz to the Yeah !!! ?? :eek:ccasion14:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm feeling ya bra and sorry for that situation .. but you've got the kids that love it and that's more important I'm thinking

Last edited:
"Hell yeah" not only is it the weekend but we are back on 45's at work :pimp_daddy: that means instead of still being at work (freezing outside) I'm here yapping at you before I head to the garage. It only feels like everyone is getting so much done because I'm getting ZERO done :tantrum:. Oh well, when Spring starts to approach I'll unleash an all out assault on it :buffer:.

That is awesome bigblock LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

- - - Updated - - -

AMEN brother SPEEDFREAK !!!

Can I get a Hellz to the Yeah !!! ?? :eek:ccasion14:

Hell yeah now we're talkin! Glad to hear you got some time freed up too 747, sounds like you'll need it with those dusters!

Lmao @ bigblock! I posted that on facebook a couple days ago too, so classic!

LMAO, that's hilarious 61 "you guys are to much". Well the front is off the donor and test fitted to the other "I'll post some pics tomorrow after I get it prepped and installed". The important thing is the hard work is done (drilling all of those damn spot welds out) and now I can call him and get one out of the garage. I swear the guy running the welder on that car was drunk (all over the place) but it went pretty smooth anyways. I'll have to finish a wood working project for my wife as well but should be back to the Charger before the end of the weekend.

Auto Transport Service
Back