• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Very cool logo! Looks great! Going to add one heck of a nice touch.

So on the plus side for the A-Bodies, they're easier to drill apart...lol I'll probably use that as a selling point for picking one up someday.

Good luck what ever route you go on the wheels. Think I had about 3 pages of my thread dedicated to trying to figure out the wheels, so I know exactly where you're coming from, as well as others here. Pretty tough to just bite the bullet.

LMAO, :rolling:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, couldn't remember. Point is they look great on your car.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's where we're at with the decal for the rump stripe "not done but close". The background will likely be different (more yellowish) but like I said we're still working on it. View attachment 165672

No worries and thanks again for the compliment.. I was actually on AR's site last night to look and see if mine even came in 18 and all I could see now was 15's! BUT they did have some nice new wheels in 19's and 20's :)

Decal looks awesome!!

Great looking idea for the decal 747. Definitely will be one of a kind.

Choosing wheels has been hell to put it lightly. On one hand you have a bunch of nice wheels (cast) that you "like" for a bargain price (usually around $200.00 ea) but have to sacrifice diameter (many don't offer 19"s), optimum backspacing (most are 4.5) and have to give up a little width as well. Then there's the custom wheels that I "love" where you can get just about anything you want but the prices start at $2,000 a set ($500.00 ea). Another thing to keep in mind is cast wheels can go to **** with corrosion and pitting where the billet wheels will likely last forever. I've done my homework and Kenny Wayne Sheppards Xtreme Lee is exactly the look I want (18-19 stagger) but then again there are the Speedies, Goons and others here that have the 17-18 stagger or 18s that look great as well so I haven't got a clue. I'll keep looking for the magic wheel, still hoping for something I really like "cheaper". I keep thinking the same thing "$2500 bucks...wow. Man, you can buy a decent A-Body project for that.[/" I paid $3,500 for the whole car for crying out loud but then again compared to what I have in it it's just a drop in the bucket "alright now I'm crying".

I feel for you man, deciding on a set of wheels is a crapshoot at best haha. I had it a little easier since I was already decided on the torq thrust style from the beginning, and when this PHR feature car caught my eye I was sold on the 17-18" stagger
hrdp_0301_02_z+1969_charger_rt+side_view.jpg

I had to go with my Coys to compromise on price, since it would've been hard to justify spending the money on custom wheels with a full project still ahead of me haha. Eventually I'd like to get custom American Racing ones though. But looking at your project so far I'm sure whatever you decide on will look great!

And damn that stripe design is cool!! All the personal touches like that are really going to make your car stand out :icon_thumleft:

Thanks guys, glad to hear everyone likes the decal especially after the hassle it's been and what it will cost. I'm with you on compromising for cost Speedy I just can't find one I really like that is cheap yet. I'm really trying to avoid anything Torque Thrust looking only because they are so popular but that really narrows the affordable ones down quick. One affordable one I like is American Racings Boulevard (about $1,000 a set).VN80588034200_american_racing_hot_rod_chrome_vn805_blvd (2).jpg

Thanks guys, glad to hear everyone likes the decal especially after the hassle it's been and what it will cost. I'm with you on compromising for cost Speedy I just can't find one I really like that is cheap yet. I'm really trying to avoid anything Torque Thrust looking only because they are so popular but that really narrows the affordable ones down quick. One affordable one I like is American Racings Boulevard (about $1,000 a set).View attachment 165870

decal gonna look cool in the stripe, and those boulevards are nice. keep up the good work

Sweet build!

Instead of the Barry's wheels have you looked at the Intro westcoast? I got my set of Intro's 18x8 and 18x10 for $1800. Still pricey but a tad cheaper than Barry's and they are just about the same style minus the painted center.???

Attachments

• post-7776-12935250234747.jpg
    post-7776-12935250234747.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 276
"Me likey" Those are badass, are these the ones you bought and if so can you post a pic on here? "hell post a pic anyhow". I looked at Intro's before just not these ones "musta missed them" add another to the mix. Well $1,800 is the cheapest yet that I really like and I like them better than the Barry's so I can scratch those off, I'm really interested in these "thanks".

"Me likey" Those are badass, are these the ones you bought and if so can you post a pic on here? "hell post a pic anyhow". I looked at Intro's before just not these ones "musta missed them" add another to the mix. Well $1,800 is the cheapest yet that I really like and I like them better than the Barry's so I can scratch those off, I'm really interested in these "thanks".

Well 747Mopar . . . I think you may have just found your wheels ! ! ! I like them too ! ! !

They're going to look awesome on your car . . . can't wait to see them on it ! ! !

Well 747Mopar . . . I think you may have just found your wheels ! ! ! I like them too ! ! !

They're going to look awesome on your car . . . can't wait to see them on it ! ! !
Not so fast, Just priced them $2,500 for 19's and $2,400 for 18's so I guess they would be $2,450 for the stagger? Bummer

These weren't released when I got mine about 4 years ago so I went with the Intro V-Rods. But ever since I came across these I have been thinking about them for the next car someday. They also make them without the exposed hardware.

Not so fast, Just priced them $2,500 for 19's and $2,400 for 18's so I guess they would be $2,450 for the stagger? Bummer

Don't pay attention to the price on the site. Most dealer will give you a nice chunk off that price. My wheels have a price of $2400 but got mine for $1800. I will try to see if I can find the business card from the rep I got mine from and they can get you a real quote.

Attachments

• sept12 1045.jpg
    sept12 1045.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 272
Hot damn, that is a gorgeous Charger you have "really like the stance and wheels". How much is it lowered and what are the wheel sizes???????? That would be great if you could find it, I'll do some searching of my own "Thanks".

Thanks. The car is lowered 2" in the rear and close to 2" in the front. The wheels are 18x8 up front and 18x10 in the rear.

No luck on the dealer. I do know his name (Dave Nace) and he is always at the goodguys show around here but I can't find the receipt? I will keep looking.

:eek:ccasion14:

Google Dave Nace and articles come up for him and his wife Anna all seem to say he works directly for Intro.... Possibly call in and ask for Dave and see if you can work something out?

Talked to Intro today, they said they sell factory direct but did price them at $2,100 which is better. Thanks

Exactly, but I'm really picky about wheels and won't be happy unless I buy something I really really like, sorry "LOVE". To be honest $2,100 for custom wheels is actually pretty cheap compared to most.

Auto Transport Service
Back